Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2013 9:16pm

Style: Judo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the same vein as the OP, I will be travelling to SF for work in mid-February - I'll be placed closer to the airport than SF downtown. Are SFJI or Mits (or any other club that others can recommend) open to casual attendance for this time while I'm in SF?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2013 9:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the same vein as the OP, I will be travelling to SF for work in mid-February - I'll be placed closer to the airport than SF downtown. Are SFJI or Mits (or any other club that others can recommend) open to casual attendance for this time while I'm in SF?

Thanks in advance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2013 8:08pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got nothing else for you, try google.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2013 8:25pm

Style: Jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoratt View Post
    I got nothing else for you, try google.
    Google is no help in this instance.

I contacted the Soko Joshi Women's Judo club here in the city. They said there are really only three Judo clubs here: SFJI, Mits Kimura, and the City College of San Francisco Judo Club which, as far as I can tell, is only open to students and shuts down between semesters. So, really SFJI and Mits are it.

Gonna check out Mits tomorrow.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2013 8:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks judoratt - I'll try SFJI and Mits Kumura.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/13/2013 9:01pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
    Thanks. I've already seen that thread. And it lists TWO (2) places. Both of which I already mentioned in this thread. So where are all the other places you're talking about when you say "there are a lot..."? Because SFJI is very far away me and Mits Kimura is close by, but it doesn't seem to be a Kodokan-type Judo. It's a hybrid with a bunch of guys in an MMA gym. I'm gonna go check it out. But it might not be what I'm looking for.

To be more specific, the "Bay Area" is quite large. I'm looking for a place in SF proper. Not something I have to drive an hour to get to. But if SFJI and Mits are the only two, then so be it.
    Dude, seriously, you're pissing me off. It would've been good to let us know where the **** you wanted us to search. No **** the Bay Areas big. And what the **** do you mean $50 is expensive? You say this and then are looking at MMA and Jiu Jitsu gyms?

Communication is your friend.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 12:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Dude, seriously, you're pissing me off. It would've been good to let us know where the **** you wanted us to search. No **** the Bay Areas big. And what the **** do you mean $50 is expensive? You say this and then are looking at MMA and Jiu Jitsu gyms?

Communication is your friend.
    Yes, $50 is expensive for ONE class per week. The other places are about the same for three classes. Not sure why you're being super hostile though. As I clearly stated before, I work near MONTGOMERY STATION. The place you suggested is too far away. As I said in the post right after yours.

Anyway, for anyone else looking for Judo in the area, I found another one: East Bay Judo Institute. It's right off a BART stop across the bay on the red line. So it looks like it's about 25-30 min. from the financial district.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 12:16pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, $50 is expensive for ONE class per week. The other places are about the same for three classes. Not sure why you're being super hostile though. As I clearly stated before, I work near MONTGOMERY STATION. The place you suggested is too far away. As I said in the post right after yours.

Anyway, for anyone else looking for Judo in the area, I found another one: East Bay Judo Institute. It's right off a BART stop across the bay on the red line. So it looks like it's about 25-30 min. from the financial district.
    I'm not understanding. I know the point is moot but are you saying $50 per month for 1 class per week or is it $50 per week?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 12:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I'm not understanding. I know the point is moot but are you saying $50 per month for 1 class per week or is it $50 per week?
    The rates, as I understand them, are monthly. Yes, I can afford $50 a month. But for only one class per week, it's not worth my time. The other places I found offer classes two or three times a week for about the same price. So you get more mat time for your money. And they are closer than the place you suggested. Not sure why you're getting upset over this...
    Last edited by FourT6and2; 1/14/2013 12:33pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 12:39pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rates, as I understand them, are monthly. Yes, I can afford $50 a month. But for only one class per week, it's not worth my time. The other places I found offer classes two or three times a week for about the same price. So you get more mat time for your money. And they are closer than the place you suggested. Not sure why you're getting upset over this...
    You're funny.

Don't project your own feelings on my rhetoric. You have no idea what I am like when I'm upset.

I said "I know it's a moot point". In other words, I know it doesn't really matter at this point. I don't see $50 per month as expensive, unless of course, their higher prices are proportional. It was an honest question. Don't read too much into it.

As for my original verbal bashing, it would've been nice to know what your complete criteria was in the first place. I believe the first place you gave us was closer to Half Moon Bay. This is like when people try to help guys in LA and they don't understand how bad the distance really is. Live an learn.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast