Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I'm wooding it at the moment so this has become my EDC
    r
    That's nice! An old bolo?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I really dislike these because every time I use one, I end up pulling the blade out of it's little holding sleeve. Admittedly, this only happens when I use it as any other utility knife. When I exert heavy pressure, tasks like cutting sheetrock or caulk constantly pull the razor blade out.

I find this highly annoying and slightly dangerous.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    I really dislike these because every time I use one, I end up pulling the blade out of it's little holding sleeve. Admittedly, this only happens when I use it as any other utility knife. When I exert heavy pressure, tasks like cutting sheetrock or caulk constantly pull the razor blade out.

I find this highly annoying and slightly dangerous.
    I admit, this does happen occasionally - more so with the tactical assault version than this one. Mitigation is to use pliers to bend the top retaining clip inwards so it's nice and tight; also, don't use on drywall, the dust builds up inside the knife and makes the unfold action sluggish.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got it in Malaysia so I call it parang

I got it new
    I grok. Reminds me of my once-new-and-pretty kukhri.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll put all my most beat up blades together for a pic.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, this thread and a healthy dose of nutnfancy's YouTube vids have been working me over for several days, now. On a whim, I grabbed this POS from a display at an Ace Hardware checkout line:

I think it ran me $12.95, definitely not breaking the bank. The action was really sluggish, but a little WD-40 and a hundred or so operations have made it pretty quick.

Observations - it's really heavy. If I could find our postal scale, I'd tell you how heavy. It's from China (big f'ing surprise). All stainless, with camo shelf paper lining the grip. I'll give this a shot for a few weeks, maybe I'll decide to upgrade to something "reasonable," that has more heft in the price tag than the handle.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate it when people whine about heavy blades. Here's a link to a few things I carry in my casual clothes every day:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ps2286f121.png

Large knife, large light, P226, I also rotate some other items like a Leatherman Rebar and a couple of SAKs. I'll take the extra performance that comes with a larger piece of kit any day of the week. YMMV.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pics?
    Here's three of my well-worn camping/outdoorsing blades

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.thefirestore.com/store/pr...Fcme4AodwFgA1g

I currently carry one of these but with a metal handle rather than the polyimide shown here. Got it for Christmas a few years ago and loved it cuz it has a good assisted opening and the tip security lock that's saved my hand from being gashed open a few times (thing used to open in my pocket). I've been planning on buying a new sheath knife for innawoods adventures, but I may get another EDC and keep this kershaw as a back up.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My EDC knife is a small Sebenza by Chris Reeve Knives, one of the greatest folding knives in the world. I would highly recommend a Sebenza to anyone who has a healthy budget for their EDC knife. It even comes in Left-handed.

Page 7 of 13 First ... 34567891011 ... Last