Page 19 of 19 First ... 91516171819
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I still have a real skinning knife (they of course come in all shapes and sizes), but I never use it anymore. I didn't ever find any real advantage to one, especially on game up to the size of moose, at least.

I guess if you are skinning out for a living (like the old NA bison killers), it's an advantage. If skinning and quartering to pack out in the field, on the ground, even a Buck 110 works pretty well.
    I've got a buck open season skinner that I like a lot. I've also got a Buck 110 and the Paklite skinner and guthook. With a saw I normally take. I usually field dress, because I'm out in the woods a ways. But sometimes I'm able to get it back and clean it by hanging it up. So that's pretty easy.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I've got a buck open season skinner that I like a lot. I've also got a Buck 110 and the Paklite skinner and guthook. With a saw I normally take. I usually field dress, because I'm out in the woods a ways. But sometimes I'm able to get it back and clean it by hanging it up. So that's pretty easy.
    I field dress always, even if it's close to the road (and I always shoot does close to the road, LOL!).

I've never had a knife with a guthook, however, I've watched vids and they sure are convenient and fast.

A few years ago, I was out with my younger son (way before he was old enough to hunt), and I shot a big doe in the back field of a former neighbor, right at end of shooting light, on the last day of the season (end of November). It was cold, and the ground was saturated with water and freezing.

She ran out of the field, and died in really tall brush at the edge of the field. So there I was with a 6 or7 year old boy, in the dark, and of course, I had forgotten to bring any sort of flashlight or headlamp.

He and I managed to drag her out of the brush onto the edge of the field, where I proceeded to gut her in the dark with no light. Managed not to cut any gut, or pop her bladder, either.

Guthook would have been nice, LOL!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 19 of 19 First ... 91516171819