Page 12 of 13 First ... 28910111213 Last
  1. #111
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,437
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's funny. I got tired of my Emerson after a while. There's so much about it that really bugs me. It's a shitty design for cutting everyday stuff. I hate the wave feature. I don't like the serrated blade, although that isn't an issue unique to Emersons.

    I left it in the drawer for a while and was carrying a Benchmade 940 that I enjoy more than the Emerson in almost every way. It looks better, it's more sleek, it opens faster, it's better for general cutting.

    Guess which one I'm carrying now? The Emerson. The blade on the Benchmade doesn't want to stay tight. I'll tighten the screw, it'll be fine for a while, then loosen. It drives me fucking crazy. I could use Loctite, but the idea of having to do that just pisses me off. It makes the knife seem like a high maintenance little bitch to me.

    So now it's the Emerson that I always grab again. For all its faults, it's a rock solid ************. I've had it for years. No blade wiggle. I always get that firm, solid click when I open it. The blade is sturdy as hell. The handle is strong enough to survive a nuclear holocaust. Dependability trumps everything for me.

  2. #112
    Styygens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,178
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    From AR15.COM:

    A black shamrock is a blue waffle that's left untreated.
    Hmmm... Well, you did tell me more.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #113
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,055
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    It's funny. I got tired of my Emerson after a while. There's so much about it that really bugs me. It's a shitty design for cutting everyday stuff. I hate the wave feature. I don't like the serrated blade, although that isn't an issue unique to Emersons.

    I left it in the drawer for a while and was carrying a Benchmade 940 that I enjoy more than the Emerson in almost every way. It looks better, it's more sleek, it opens faster, it's better for general cutting.

    Guess which one I'm carrying now? The Emerson. The blade on the Benchmade doesn't want to stay tight. I'll tighten the screw, it'll be fine for a while, then loosen. It drives me fucking crazy. I could use Loctite, but the idea of having to do that just pisses me off. It makes the knife seem like a high maintenance little bitch to me.

    So now it's the Emerson that I always grab again. For all its faults, it's a rock solid ************. I've had it for years. No blade wiggle. I always get that firm, solid click when I open it. The blade is sturdy as hell. The handle is strong enough to survive a nuclear holocaust. Dependability trumps everything for me.
    I actually like the wave, although I do get tired of screwing up my pockets. Which Emerson do you carry? I find the CQC-8 cuts quite well overall as long as I keep it sharp.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

  4. #114
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,055
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    From AR15.COM:

    A black shamrock is a blue waffle that's left untreated.
    The thread there didn't really cover it that accurately. OBS has an online community, annual meetings, and training seminars run by Emerson. It is definitely part marketing for sure but there's a fun aspect to it, plus The OBS Knife is awesome and only members can purchase them. Great handle, blade shape, etc.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

  5. #115

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kennewick, WA
    Posts
    98
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    I actually like the wave, although I do get tired of screwing up my pockets. Which Emerson do you carry? I find the CQC-8 cuts quite well overall as long as I keep it sharp.
    I have been carrying Emersons for about 10 years now, a mini-commander for about 6 years and a CQC-10 for the last 4. I am not fond of the chisel ground blades, but Emerson seems to have gone to a conventional V-grind on many of his current models. I was happy to see the CQC-10 has it, and was one of the reasons to transition from my mini-commander.


    I just saw that Emerson has gone into a partnership with Kershaw to produce a budget line of knives. Most of that Kershaw-Emerson series are running sub $40 online, seems like a good deal for a waved framelock knife. I haven't handled one myself, but I am curious about them.

  6. #116
    IMightBeWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,055
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by blindside View Post
    I have been carrying Emersons for about 10 years now, a mini-commander for about 6 years and a CQC-10 for the last 4. I am not fond of the chisel ground blades, but Emerson seems to have gone to a conventional V-grind on many of his current models. I was happy to see the CQC-10 has it, and was one of the reasons to transition from my mini-commander.


    I just saw that Emerson has gone into a partnership with Kershaw to produce a budget line of knives. Most of that Kershaw-Emerson series are running sub $40 online, seems like a good deal for a waved framelock knife. I haven't handled one myself, but I am curious about them.
    I'm really interested in the Zero Tolerance blades they put together as well. Pricier, but they've got great blade steel and frame locks.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

  7. #117
    I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!
    DarkPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wyomissing, PA
    Posts
    2,244
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    I'm really interested in the Zero Tolerance blades they put together as well. Pricier, but they've got great blade steel and frame locks.
    I was a little put off at first by the heft of the ZTs, being a Bechmade fan, but they are just absolute tanks. I have two ZT0350, one serrated and the other plain. I used the plain to cut carpet and laminate flooring for almost a week and the thing is still sharp. Not shaving sharp, but still sharp enough to use for everyday tasks. They are great knives and you can get them on Amazon pretty cheap.
    I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!

  8. #118
    solves problems with violence supporting member
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,580
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just got one of these (cqc7 karambit) to be a less scary knife than my cqc7...


    i didn't realize how big the handle would be. the blade is shorter and is legal in more places, but i think it might actually be more scary looking than my other.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

  9. #119
    I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!
    DarkPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wyomissing, PA
    Posts
    2,244
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i just got one of these (cqc7 karambit) to be a less scary knife than my cqc7...


    i didn't realize how big the handle would be. the blade is shorter and is legal in more places, but i think it might actually be more scary looking than my other.
    The pinky hole almost gives it a karambit type feel, just with a 'Murcan Tanto blade. I kinda like it.
    I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!

  10. #120

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    534
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something similar is always with me. I bought it in Luzern, so it's double legit. Best souvenir ever.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_12.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	16440

Page 12 of 13 First ... 28910111213 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO