3/17/2014 8:32am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    Basic pic to follow:

Attachment 15336

With my CQC-7 below.
    i have the same model emerson. had it since 2008 and love it. i thought it was FUBAR because i gave it to a "knife sharpener" and he was confused by the chisel edge and re-ground it at the normal angle.

i recently sent it back to the factory to see what they could do, and they fixed it up for $5 plus $15 S/H. i love emerson knives!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    3/17/2014 10:34am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They came out with new rules at work about sporadic "entrance inspections" including metal detector passes. This forced me to double check the blade length restrictions and rethink my EDC profile. What a PITA...

Switched from a large Cold Steel Voyager Tanto to the Spyderco Delica 4 FRN in Grey.

The blade length is billed as 2 1/2 inches, but I think that's the sharp edge. I'm probably going to need to carry a printout of the blade length rules (more PITA) to wave under the nose of the guard who questions this. But I do think it looks less threatening than a tanto blade shape and the grey is less aggressive than a black handle. I actually considered a friendly color like blue for the handle, but we'll see how this goes. I bought it for about $50, so if it is confiscated, I'll be mad, but not too pissed. I have a red-handled trainer version too, and that actually cost me a little bit more.

It feels good in the hand, and the materials and shape are similar enough to the old EDC that it also feels familiar.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/17/2014 3:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm wondering if mine is still legal to carry in NYC. i checked with some cop buddies in 2008 and they said it was, but it seems to me that the "gravity knife" definitions are vague enough to make everything that you can open with one hand illegal.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    4/02/2014 1:49am

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i have the same model emerson. had it since 2008 and love it. i thought it was FUBAR because i gave it to a "knife sharpener" and he was confused by the chisel edge and re-ground it at the normal angle.

i recently sent it back to the factory to see what they could do, and they fixed it up for $5 plus $15 S/H. i love emerson knives!
    My CQC-7 is pretty much my favorite all time knife. The chisel isn't my favorite slicer at all, it sort of likes to cut at an angle. I'm not a big tanto fan, either. Not a particularly useful blade shape IMO. Overall, the knife doesn't really meet much of my criteria if I'm shopping for another blade. I'd pass on literally ANY other knife like it. But there's just something about it that I love that's hard to explain. The lines, the feel, and there's just a sort of connection I have with the design.

It's actually been riding with me a lot lately, more so than my SnG which is currently second on my favorites list.

I love Emerson knives as well. Many people don't like how raw looking and unfinished they look, but that just adds to it for me.

Plus Ernest is an amazing guy. I joined OBS after I learned about it as well. My love for these blades isn't going anywhere. If I could only own blades from one brand, it'd be Emerson. Thank God that isn't the case, though.

I have a CQC-7AW on my list in the future. Basically a more standard blade shape with a CQC-7 handle.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/10/2014 2:28am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've posted this pic on the handgun page. I carry both everyday. It's a Microtech Amphibian auto, it fires quick and is shaving sharp.

Posted On:
    4/15/2014 10:00pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Large Sebenza on it's way brand new. I got my hands on one in person and it was all over. The knives are far tighter and and tougher built than I would have ever been able to tell by the pictures. They feel as solid as my Strider except with a thinner blade that I'm sure will slice much better. Getting the plain jane 21. Waiting for it to come in the mail feels like an eternity.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    6/20/2014 11:07am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got a few new pieces since my last post.

ZT0350 and the fixed blade is a custom fixed blade. It's a CPM 3V single edge little beast. I am probably baton a Volvo in half and still shave with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    6/20/2014 3:26pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IMightBeWrong View Post
    Plus Ernest is an amazing guy. I joined OBS after I learned about it as well. My love for these blades isn't going anywhere. If I could only own blades from one brand, it'd be Emerson. Thank God that isn't the case, though.
    First, I do need to add an emerson knife to my collection. I don't have any.

Second, just what is the Order of the Black Shamrock anyway? I saw it on his site, and I'm still unclear what it is, and what the value of joining it is. Can you tell me more?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    6/25/2014 12:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    First, I do need to add an emerson knife to my collection. I don't have any.

Second, just what is the Order of the Black Shamrock anyway? I saw it on his site, and I'm still unclear what it is, and what the value of joining it is. Can you tell me more?
    From AR15.COM:

A black shamrock is a blue waffle that's left untreated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Posted On:
    6/25/2014 12:39pm

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still mucking around with the victorianox knives. Got a hunter xt for my food eating kit. That works quite nicely.

And they are all lefty openers. And I am a lefty.

One of the few with a plain blade. I might just get my others re ground or something. Most of them have a serrated or a saw anyway.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uK_x8qbycUI
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 6/25/2014 12:51pm at .
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12 LastLast