Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2015 12:15am

Hell yeah! Hell no!

How Jihadis are Outgunning Euro Police

...On January 7 Bloomberg.com reported the that Charlie Hebdo attack exposed the black markets for firearms that now exist in Europe–particularly France–and undercut gun control.

In other words, gun control appears to have created a false sense of security for the European people and their police forces as well. The reality is that guns remain available in black markets, albeit especially for those who have criminal or terrorist intent. ...

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...-us-outgunned/

But..Wha...I don't understand! Don't they know it's illegal to have assault weapons!?

Anyway, it's bemusing they'd focus on the police being outgunned when it appears as though they need a body count before they'll take threats seriously. A sitting duck with an, *ahem*, "patrol carbine" is still a sitting duck.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/11/2015 10:59am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm sure that if they only pass stricter laws, the bad guys will start to obey them.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    2/11/2015 11:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARPAChief View Post
    In other words, gun control appears to have created a false sense of security for the European people and their police forces as well. The reality is that guns remain available in black markets, albeit especially for those who have criminal or terrorist intent. ...
    It seems to me the writer is not very knowledgeable about the issue.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    2/11/2015 11:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I look at this map:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...#Member_states

And ask myself just how hard it would be to smuggle weapons from certain areas where there are likely still huge amounts of undocumented old soviet weaponry, specifically small arms and, oh, maybe, RPGs?, to say, France and or Germany ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Posted On:
    2/11/2015 11:54am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    So I look at this map:

And ask myself just how hard it would be to smuggle weapons from certain areas where there are likely still huge amounts of undocumented old soviet weaponry
    Not very hard.

Posted On:
    2/11/2015 1:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Not very hard.
    Thanks for the European perspective.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2015 7:51pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously, nobody here understands history. The solution to curbing violence is more laws; for example, in Canada we have a strict licensing system, and it's one of the safest countries in the world. But in truth, we're really behind the times; Rwanda and Mexico introduced much stricter legislation in the 70s.

You might call them "developing countries", but don't be fooled; you're actually racist.

It seems to me the writer is not very knowledgeable about the issue.
    I feel like if anyone was very knowledgeable it wouldn't be an issue, and if you don't drop some knowledge on me, I will take issue.
    Last edited by DARPAChief; 2/11/2015 8:09pm at .

Posted On:
    2/12/2015 1:01pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARPAChief View Post
    I feel like if anyone was very knowledgeable it wouldn't be an issue, and if you don't drop some knowledge on me, I will take issue.
    Do anyone thinks (other than the Breibart guy) european police didn't knew there is illegaly obtained weapons in the hands of criminals and terrorists?

Posted On:
    2/12/2015 1:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do anyone thinks (other than the Breibart guy) european police didn't knew there is illegaly obtained weapons in the hands of criminals and terrorists?
    Even if they didn't know for a fact, I bet they assumed so.

It seems the issue in France was on of not keeping track of people that should have been being watched. Or maybe even in custody.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2015 8:39pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as the police are concerned, it seems fairly cut and dry; they had a chance and blew it. But what I found provocative about your earlier comment was the notion that this problem is understandable and can be solved. Let's talk about that.

There'll always be the wild cards; your sociopaths, your ideologues, your mentally ill, etc. But they don't always have to become destructive, and we don't always have to let them be so destructive. Yet, the way things are, I get the sense that there are a lot of boundaries to transgress before something is done about our unchecked wild cards, and maybe that has to do with resources. We cannot muster a police force great enough to virtually guarantee security, nor should we want to.

If the police are medicine, then we should be the antibodies. We need an equivalent of "first aid" for dealing with people on the edge.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast