1. #1
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    14,979
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Shooting Fleeing Burglars: Not a Good Idea

    I found this recently. A good example of bad judgement. Was trying to shoot out the tires...now he faces 2nd degree manslaughter charges.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/31...-suspects.html
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #2
    Raycetpfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    5,255
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I found this recently. A good example of bad judgement. Was trying to shoot out the tires...now he faces 2nd degree manslaughter charges.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/31...-suspects.html
    I need to buy rubber shot gun slugs.....

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,078
    Style
    MMA, Grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand the impulse, but yeah. Can't shoot them as they run away, even shooting the tires would have been iffy.

  4. #4
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,177
    Style
    Jits
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I found this recently. A good example of bad judgement...
    And worse marksmanship.

  5. #5
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    2,204
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I need to buy rubber shot gun slugs.....
    i suppose assault is better than manslaughter

  6. #6
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    14,979
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I need to buy rubber shot gun slugs.....
    Depending on circumstances, even that might be battery or assault with deadly weapon in same situation as the guy in the news.

    Of course, a few dents in the getaway car might be gratifying, but still malicious injury to property.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #7
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    14,979
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    I understand the impulse, but yeah. Can't shoot them as they run away, even shooting the tires would have been iffy.
    I'd say shooting tires is beyond iffy, given shooting into/across a roadway.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #8
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    14,979
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    And worse marksmanship.
    He may well be lying about trying to hit the tires, however, I agree. Was probably spray and pray, pissed off shooting.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in