• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 10:36pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm all about second chances, but violent criminals remain violent criminals. They just end up with Low-T. **** them.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 12:52am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    Marcos Allevan attempted to start a thread defending Lloyd Irvin and explaining his comments to Tom Callos...predictably, it did not go well.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....&page=1&pc=313
    It looks like the thread got removed. Does LI have his protectors over there?

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 12:57am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    It looks like the thread got removed. Does LI have his protectors over there?
    Yes they are affiliated with Lloyd, and Marcos named his son after Lloyd.

Unless you meant at mmaunderground.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 2:52am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gawd he wrote that letter like a damn viral marketing campaign.
    Is that how he talks?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 5:41am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too little, too late with far too much humblebrag and in a weaselly, self-serving tone to boot.

My opinion is, and shall remain:
    THAT
    GUY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 6:18am

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are different kinds of mistakes. Not all of them reflect on one's character. This wasn't the sort of dumb, absent minded slip-up decent people make. Hanging around during a long, drawn out gang rape & doing nothing to help shows him to be an immoral coward at the very least. The fact that he tried to participate makes him a piece of ****.

He gets no credit for finally acknowledging the issue after deafening us all with silence all this time while letting his people take the heat for him. He had a million-dollar empire going down in flames & it only got worse every day he stayed silent. What was he going to do? Hide in his bedroom forever & let his business evaporate?

This token nod to the issue gives his inner circle the excuse they need to stay loyal & try to put this behind them. Now they can say "you're all haterz, he addressed it" instead of thinking "WTF, Lloyd?" while fading this shitstorm. It's just another savvy business move.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 9:04am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know the laws up there or at the time of his participation in the rape, but I don't understand exactly how he got off with nothing. The only thing I can guess is that he created doubt with the whole inability to get it up thing. But I still don't understand how he didn't get an accessary charge for not reporting it or stopping it. Did he testify against his co-defendants or something to keep from getting further charges? Just seems wierd to me.

Also getting drunk and fighting, or getting drunk and vandalizing a car, is way different than getting drunk and participating in gang rape!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 9:23am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LI kept claiming he was going to come clean about the 1989 case, but then all he said was "i was found not guilty", ignoring the many questions that people still have about that case.

he sure uses a lot of words to avoid talking about anything relevant to the situation.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 10:13am

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's an interesting question, and I am presuming the two attackers are guilty because they were apparantly caught on video tape.

The victim was one of LI's employees and the two attackers were longtime students of LI.

There was a good chance that information about this rape was going to get back to LI, even if the victim did not go to the police. Why did the two rapists think that they wouldn't have problems with LI if and when he learned about the attack. Did they think he'd ignore what the victim claimed?

Beyond morality, and the issue of evil, why did these guys think they could get away with #$%^&*# where they trained. The implications are potentially quite damaging.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2013 3:40pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Here's an interesting question, and I am presuming the two attackers are guilty because they were apparantly caught on video tape.

The victim was one of LI's employees and the two attackers were longtime students of LI.

There was a good chance that information about this rape was going to get back to LI, even if the victim did not go to the police. Why did the two rapists think that they wouldn't have problems with LI if and when he learned about the attack. Did they think he'd ignore what the victim claimed?

Beyond morality, and the issue of evil, why did these guys think they could get away with #$%^&*# where they trained. The implications are potentially quite damaging.
    Just to clarify, I believe both attackers had been training with the Lloyd Irvin team for less than a year.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast