Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 2:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post

Sadly, the post was fine until that victim blaming bullshit.
    He lo(l)st me at Bud Light > quality product.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 5:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it ever a good idea to call a woman a "dirty whore"? I feel like you'll always go wrong doing that.

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 6:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DKJr View Post
    Is it ever a good idea to call a woman a "dirty whore"? I feel like you'll always go wrong doing that.
    Depends on context.

In this case, JMHO, hell no. It's a terrible idea...

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 6:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

2 Loyd Irvin guys arrested on rape charges

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Depends on context.

In this case, JMHO, hell no. It's a terrible idea...
    Allow me to clarify, isn't it a bad idea to call a woman a "dirty whore" outside the privacy of your bedroom antics?

I mean I know how Mrs. Machete likes it. ( or your sister, mom, or other female relation)

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 8:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DKJr View Post
    Allow me to clarify, isn't it a bad idea to call a woman a "dirty whore" outside the privacy of your bedroom antics?

I mean I know how Mrs. Machete likes it. ( or your sister, mom, or other female relation)
    Hey now!

There's two T's in the Machette family name, thank you.

;)

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 4:24pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lloyd Irvin finally responds

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...m-Lloyd-Irvin/

So...better late than never I guess?

He makes a couple of points in this extremely long letter, he talks about the 1989 case, which I don't believe he has publicly confirmed his involvement until now, but of course the evidence was fairly overwhelming that he was the same person.

He does address the URL business with this:

Bottom line is I am 100% guilty of poor timing and taste when it comes to the url and what was posted.
    I spoke to the woman involved new years eve about this and told her my sincere intentions...
    I vow to absolutely make rape & violence against women prevention an even more major cornerstone of my future efforts.
    Understand that my rape-­?prevention program has ALWAYS been completely free, its not a marketing gimmick as some accusers have said.
    I didn’t realize it was possible but
    I promise you that my sensitivity to rape & violence against women prevention has now been made stronger than ever before.
    Now to me this is a misleading statement, as I haven't heard anyone say this was a money making scheme, despite his assertions that the course has always been "free", it ignores the issue that have been brought up about him trying to manipulate internet searches.

Also he points out that the female victim has been in "constant contact" with him, and she remains close to both himself and Team LI.

This quote is also a nice bit misdirection:

I want to publicly apologize to her for me not knowing, not sensing, and not having the awareness to know that this was even possible.
    My wife keeps saying I couldn’t have known, my mom says I couldn’t have known.
    Everyone I’ve confided in said I couldn’t have known, but that doesn’t change my wishing I could have.
    They keep saying the same thing over and over...
    As far as I've read, no one has implied that Mr. Irvin should have somehow had foreknowledge of this crime being committed.

He closes with the admission that he knows every single word he's written will be torn apart.

Its long and rambling, and honestly seems far too late and too evasive to do any real damage control.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too little too late in my opinion, but whatever. The rape class may not have been a money making ploy, but most school owners I have talked to say that they are 1) a service to the community, and 2)free publicity. So I take what he says with a grain of salt.

Obviously he is not happy about the rape, I mean come on, it hurts his buisness!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 5:35pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone confirm the dates of those two training under him are correct as he states in the letter?

I kind of found it off putting as it had been constructed for an emotional response from the reader too much rather than honestly being an emotional outpouring, perhaps this is mostly due to the length of time it took him to respond in ANYWAY publicly.

Also, it doesn't seem to touch on his harassing phone calls to Kenan's dad that appeared to be documented in the other thread when he went public with a statement about how he wanted his son to leave TI? Maybe that didn't actually happen or he didn't want to touch on his lashing out while spending 100% of his time with the victim?
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 5:49pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO it is far too vague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 9:05pm

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LI's long overdue official response:

http://www.graciemag.com/2013/01/off...vin-statement/

To me it came off like he is just covering his bases; using his family as a shield. But maybe that's because I'm a 'hater' or whatever. His proclaimation of innocence in his 1989 case is still questionable imo (yes, he got aquitted of rape but that is ONLY because he could not keep his erection and therefore did not penetrate the victim). He did NOTHING to stop the other men from raping that girl and in my book, whether right or not, thats guilt, complicity in rape. Further, his response to the url **** is also not satisfactory but again I have a lot of bias regarding this case, his prior case and rape in general, whether thats appropiate or not. Anyway, no one else posted it so here you go. Im interested in your guy's opinions as you all have been pretty reasonable about this case. I also apologize for typos or whatever; typing on this iphone sucks ass.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast