Posted On:
    1/15/2013 11:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2 Loyd Irvin guys arrested on rape charges

Latest from Keenan's dad.

Hello MMA.com, I'm Tom Callos, Keenan and Chloe's dad, a 40 year MA practitioner, the last 18+ being in BJJ (mostly) but received my 6th dan from Master Teacher Ernie Reyes, Sr. of San Jose, CA, and a long time school owner/teacher/activist working within the international martial arts community. <br /><br />For those of you who don't know me, I've been working behind the scenes for nearly 30 years now in the MA teacher's community. I've owned really large schools, all Ernie Reyes West Coast Schools, all of which are still in business and teaching people the Reyes brand of eclectic, character and performance based martial arts. I've retired from daily teaching, although I still take lessons in BJJ, and I've retired from engaging in school management, although I have, for the last 10+ years, been operating my school and think-tank for teachers of the martial arts --called The 100. <br /><br />FYI, The 100. was founded based on a correspondence I once had with Ms. Rosa Parks. I had written her a letter and she responded with a 2 page hand-written letter --and, well, it (further) endeared me to her (of course!). One day a few years later I was thinking about her --and wondering if I might ever do something as important as her simple act of protest and I thought, no, I probably wouldn't or couldn't. But I imagined that 100 martial arts teachers, life-timers, might; 100 of us might, given the right subject and good timing, stand up for things that would make our collective efforts something akin to Ms. Rosa's. We haven't managed it yet, but that's the spirit my current work was started with. <br /><br />We have, however, managed to bring some fine ideas and projects to the table, projects involving anger management, environmental self-defense, community activism, teen suicide prevention, dietary self-defense, bully prevention education, and other non-combative education-based subjects. We stand collectively, I believe, for truth in advertising, transparent pricing, and ethical, sane, and sustainable business practices in the martial arts community. <br /><br />As for Mr. Avellon (sp?), well, I don't really know who he is (beyond his posts and advertising), what he's done of any significance, or what's wrong with him, but his letters to me have asked if I was retarded, asked me if I was going to continue to carry on like a little girl, and other such bullying tactics --and when I forwarded them to Lloyd to suggest he teach his young student some manners, I got a 30 minute ranting phone call from Lloyd that ended my faith in his coaching, my respect for his intellect, and any desire to cultivate a relationship --on any level --with the man. It was very strange, to say the least (but not half as strange as the sad and thuggish letters I received from MA). <br /><br />And all of this occurred before all of this other sad nonsense revealed itself. After the rapes and hearing that Keenan's house was broken into by the SWAT team in full riot gear and that Keenan was pushed to the ground, handcuffed, that guns were pointed at him, and that he was taken to jail for questioning, I wanted my son out of there. Keenan told us those two boys who raped that poor girl bragged about it and had taken video on one or more of their cell phones. At that point, I went into full protection mode --and went public with our family's feelings about the disgusting, troubling, and crazy goings on there in MD. <br /><br />These guys don't need my help in destroying their own reputations or revealing to us what sits behind their work. They're doing a fine job at telling us who they are and what they stand for. It's sad and it's very bad for the martial arts community. I regret, now, engaging with competitive BJJ and introducing my son to this sort of thinking and depravity. BJ Penn is my friend, a former student and training partner, and a teacher of mine, and despite his complete immersion in fight culture, he has managed to retain his integrity, to stand up as a role model of effort and community involvement, and even in defeat, he has carried himself like a champion. I can't say the same for these morally questionable young "instructor-thugs."<br /><br />That they almost all represent themselves, thru products and hype, as things they are (obviously) anything but, that they have so poorly handled this entire tragedy, that they have engaged in so much stomach churning misogyny and even attacked my daughter's stand on rape and concern for her brother, well, its all becoming quite laughable, I think. <br /><br />Keenan is a smart young man, raised well, and conscientious about his practice. I don't want to see this collective lack of character and intelligence stain him as he proceeds with his martial arts and life journey. I also recognize that, until things went so bad, they didn't seem "that" bad, but now, knowing what we all know, how can we sit idle and not expect the men and women bright enough to recognize what's going on and to see who is driving the bus, to look for greener pastures?<br /><br />I still find it hard to believe this has all happened. The only benefit to anyone in all of this mess is what's it's taught us, through the revealing behavior of their "team," what this organization is, apparently, constructed of. Shame. <br /><br />I offer praise to my brave daughter, Chloe, for speaking up, publicly. I'd like to see 1000 more women step up and set the record straight about what rape is --and why we don't keep it quiet, tolerate it, or support those who commit it. <br /><br /><br />

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 11:16pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by DKJr View Post
    Latest from Keenan's dad.

Hello MMA.com, I'm Tom Callos, Keenan and Chloe's dad, a 40 year MA practitioner, the last 18+ being in BJJ (mostly) but received my 6th dan from Master Teacher Ernie Reyes, Sr. of San Jose, CA, and a long time school owner/teacher/activist working within the international martial arts community.

For those of you who don't know me, I've been working behind the scenes for nearly 30 years now in the MA teacher's community. I've owned really large schools, all Ernie Reyes West Coast Schools, all of which are still in business and teaching people the Reyes brand of eclectic, character and performance based martial arts. I've retired from daily teaching, although I still take lessons in BJJ, and I've retired from engaging in school management, although I have, for the last 10+ years, been operating my school and think-tank for teachers of the martial arts --called The 100.

FYI, The 100. was founded based on a correspondence I once had with Ms. Rosa Parks. I had written her a letter and she responded with a 2 page hand-written letter --and, well, it (further) endeared me to her (of course!). One day a few years later I was thinking about her --and wondering if I might ever do something as important as her simple act of protest and I thought, no, I probably wouldn't or couldn't. But I imagined that 100 martial arts teachers, life-timers, might; 100 of us might, given the right subject and good timing, stand up for things that would make our collective efforts something akin to Ms. Rosa's. We haven't managed it yet, but that's the spirit my current work was started with.

We have, however, managed to bring some fine ideas and projects to the table, projects involving anger management, environmental self-defense, community activism, teen suicide prevention, dietary self-defense, bully prevention education, and other non-combative education-based subjects. We stand collectively, I believe, for truth in advertising, transparent pricing, and ethical, sane, and sustainable business practices in the martial arts community.

As for Mr. Avellon (sp?), well, I don't really know who he is (beyond his posts and advertising), what he's done of any significance, or what's wrong with him, but his letters to me have asked if I was retarded, asked me if I was going to continue to carry on like a little girl, and other such bullying tactics --and when I forwarded them to Lloyd to suggest he teach his young student some manners, I got a 30 minute ranting phone call from Lloyd that ended my faith in his coaching, my respect for his intellect, and any desire to cultivate a relationship --on any level --with the man. It was very strange, to say the least (but not half as strange as the sad and thuggish letters I received from MA).

And all of this occurred before all of this other sad nonsense revealed itself. After the rapes and hearing that Keenan's house was broken into by the SWAT team in full riot gear and that Keenan was pushed to the ground, handcuffed, that guns were pointed at him, and that he was taken to jail for questioning, I wanted my son out of there. Keenan told us those two boys who raped that poor girl bragged about it and had taken video on one or more of their cell phones. At that point, I went into full protection mode --and went public with our family's feelings about the disgusting, troubling, and crazy goings on there in MD.

These guys don't need my help in destroying their own reputations or revealing to us what sits behind their work. They're doing a fine job at telling us who they are and what they stand for. It's sad and it's very bad for the martial arts community. I regret, now, engaging with competitive BJJ and introducing my son to this sort of thinking and depravity. BJ Penn is my friend, a former student and training partner, and a teacher of mine, and despite his complete immersion in fight culture, he has managed to retain his integrity, to stand up as a role model of effort and community involvement, and even in defeat, he has carried himself like a champion. I can't say the same for these morally questionable young "instructor-thugs."

That they almost all represent themselves, thru products and hype, as things they are (obviously) anything but, that they have so poorly handled this entire tragedy, that they have engaged in so much stomach churning misogyny and even attacked my daughter's stand on rape and concern for her brother, well, its all becoming quite laughable, I think.

Keenan is a smart young man, raised well, and conscientious about his practice. I don't want to see this collective lack of character and intelligence stain him as he proceeds with his martial arts and life journey. I also recognize that, until things went so bad, they didn't seem "that" bad, but now, knowing what we all know, how can we sit idle and not expect the men and women bright enough to recognize what's going on and to see who is driving the bus, to look for greener pastures?

I still find it hard to believe this has all happened. The only benefit to anyone in all of this mess is what's it's taught us, through the revealing behavior of their "team," what this organization is, apparently, constructed of. Shame.

I offer praise to my brave daughter, Chloe, for speaking up, publicly. I'd like to see 1000 more women step up and set the record straight about what rape is --and why we don't keep it quiet, tolerate it, or support those who commit it.
    If true, cell phone recordings, they just went lower and I didn't think that was possible.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/15/2013 11:20pm at .

Registered Member

Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 1:58am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    FixedIf true, cell phone recordings, they just went lower and I didn't think that was possible.
    Yeah, and the bragging...what in the fucking hells...

I just watched the BJJ Kumite Episode 1, the idea is fantastic, and my jaw dropped when Lloyd Irvin came on screen and I was like, "awww, ****...but I really want to watch this...," and I did, because it was great to see such talent and Keenan and the idea of no time limit is and was fucking rad.

I guess this will stop them showing any more?? :(

RUGHHHH, just to everything I just read that shows how fucked up stuff is.

Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 8:15am

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Marcos Allevan attempted to start a thread defending Lloyd Irvin and explaining his comments to Tom Callos...predictably, it did not go well.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....&page=1&pc=313

On hiatus

Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 8:27am

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A Lloyd Irvin blackbelt tries to defend Lloyd... fucks it up even more:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/14...989/in/3625585

By the way, even more stuff in the comments section there.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 1/16/2013 8:42am at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 9:59am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    Marcos Allevan attempted to start a thread defending Lloyd Irvin and explaining his comments to Tom Callos...predictably, it did not go well.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....&page=1&pc=313
    That thread has been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    A Lloyd Irvin blackbelt tries to defend Lloyd... fucks it up even more:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/14...989/in/3625585

By the way, even more stuff in the comments section there.
    That was a good job! Way to make yourself look like an ass when you were in no way involved. Makes you wonder about LI's branding abilities and methods that he teaches to his black belts.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 1:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes the best defense is to STFU. LI and his cronies need to STFU.

Ask OJ and Casey Anthony. Before someone says something stupid, OJ didn't "STFU" and that's why he is in jail now.

Sadly, the post was fine until that victim blaming bullshit.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/16/2013 1:12pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 1:19pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that's the fun thing about putting your opinion in writing, he was on a roll there for a minute and then popped off about something else. In conversation, he may have been able to play it off and back track, then hope no one else noticed what he said. But commit it to writing on the web. See yah!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 2:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand why these members of Team LI are being so loyal, even to the point of sounding like monsters. There is a lot of information floating around out there, I hope Lloyd Irvin comes forward and makes a statement soon. I'm not an LI supporter but this does have an impact on the BJJ community nationally, and especially here in the DC/MD area.

Someone took a play from LI book and started a website lloydirvinrapeexposed . com.

Posted On:
    1/16/2013 2:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand why these members of Team LI are being so loyal, even to the point of sounding like monsters. There is a lot of information floating around out there, I hope Lloyd Irvin comes forward and makes a statement soon. I'm not an LI supporter but this does have an impact on the BJJ community nationally, and especially here in the DC/MD area.

Someone took a play from LI book and started a website lloydirvinrapeexposed . com.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast