Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    1/11/2013 9:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    1/11/2013 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Allow me to summarize:

Following the accusation of two students at his gym raping a third female student and a revival of interest in a 1989 rape case, Lloyd Irvin has purchased the domain LloydIrvinRape.com and is seeming to view this time as a marketing opportunity.
    The 1989 rape case involves a 20-year old Lloyd E. Irvin at Bowie State University taking part in a gang rape that sent several other participants to jail. Could this be a different Lloyd Irvin, you ask? I think that's unlikely:

Lloyd Irvin the MMA trainer's full name is Lloyd Emory Irvin, Jr. He was born May 17, 1969 which would have made him 20-years-old at the time of the incident and he did, in fact, attend Bowie State University.
    Lloyd Irvin the BJJ and MMA coach took part in a gang rape 20 years ago and was acquitted based on his assertion that he couldn't get it up, which in light of the statements by the other defendants sounds like Grade-A Horse Puckey. He is now trying to prevent search engines from showing news stories detailing this fact.

The LloydIrvinRape.com URL currently shows one of Lloyd's trademark quick-and-dirty marketing-BS pages, touting the "rare" art of BJJ as the solution to all your sexual assault problems. He really is trying to A) turn the current rape case into a marketing opportunity and B) pre-empt any discussion of whether it's a good idea for someone who I think it's clear was acquitted on a technicality in a gang rape case to be teaching rape prevention seminars.

To be clear: of course it could be reasonable to say he's changed, learned his lesson, grown in the twenty years since, that he's a different man, that now Lloyd Irvin understands that it's wrong for a bunch of 20-year-old guys to forcibly rape a 17-year-old after getting her boozed up. (I think that's remedial ethics, but hey--stupid people exist.) But he's not saying that. He is avoiding saying any of that. Lloyd Irvin is preventing people who go to his rape prevention seminars from being aware of his past involvement AS THE PERPETRATOR OF GANG RAPE.

My tentative suggestion is that someone who was charged in a gang rape case should be up-front about that in his role as a martial arts instructor, particularly when running rape-prevention seminars.

To go one small step further, buying up URLs that say "rape" and putting marketing materials on them in order to prevent people from finding news articles about the gang rape case one was charged in is a remarkable new low in Lloyd Irvin's marketing bullshit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2013 5:45am

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More details about the recent rape case. Fair warning, this is rather unpleasant reading:

http://www.fightopinion.com/2013/01/...students-rape/

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 1:57am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffphansen77 View Post
    More details about the recent rape case. Fair warning, this is rather unpleasant reading:

Thanks for posting that...this is not looking any better for those two accused...

Some of the Facebook comments from Rape apologists were pretty fucked up, this just confirms it further, urgh.

Also, absolutely fucking disgusting behaviour from human beings towards another, that they knew, that they worked with, that they trained with, what the **** is wrong with guys; ****.
    Last edited by Mr.Miyagi; 1/14/2013 2:06am at .
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 11:17am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffphansen77 View Post

Pretty fucked up story! I'm just glad that all of it was caught on video. If it wouldn't have been, they probably would have gotten away with it.

Did anyone else notice that they live at Libation Court?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 4:53pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    Thanks for posting that...this is not looking any better for those two accused...

Some of the Facebook comments from Rape apologists were pretty fucked up, this just confirms it further, urgh.

Also, absolutely fucking disgusting behaviour from human beings towards another, that they knew, that they worked with, that they trained with, what the **** is wrong with guys; ****.
    Considering she apparently can only remember parts of the experience, the fact that the series of events is so detailed and sequenced shows that the entire thing was caught on tape, without obstruction. It is fucking disgusting.

How do these cunts live with themselves?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 5:58pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they wanted hanky-panky they should have fucked each other in the privacy of their shared house.

Seriously, what the ****. That Schultz really is a sick bastard, Maldonado is a fucking rapist and Lloyd Irvin fucked up too advertising his Women's Self Defense Seminar after what happened.

I hope they feel what she felt once they get to jail. Also, I hope no one goes to LI's seminar, it shows terrible taste.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    1/14/2013 10:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is sickening, despicable and hits too close to home. I hope they throw the book at them.

I take BJJ/submission grappling partially because I am interested in it as a form of self defense, especially in terms of sexual assault. I have been there, I have experienced it and I have no desire to go through it again. To think that someone you trust from a school could do that to you makes me extremely ill.

Learning in class and having guys in my guard and mounted on me and being able to actually roll with them now is more empowering to me than I can properly put to words right now. I've been trapped in the mount. I've been trapped with a guy right in my guard and I didn't know what to do and he overpowered me. I love knowing that I have options.

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 11:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if anyone has seen this and I don't know if its true, but supposedly Keenan Cornelius's father has spoken out about the rape allegations. He is encouraging his son to leave the LI team and seek out a new team to train with.

Since I can't post links yet, you can find him on Facebook its a public page under Tom Callos. He posted this statement on January 10 at 10am from Placerville CA.

My Statement on The Lloyd Irvin Team's Rape Issues and our Son, Keenan:

I've been inundated with e-mails and calls about Keenan and whether he is going to stay or leave the LI team. Well, that's not up to me. Keenan is 20 going on 21 --and he's smart, independent, talented, and fully supported by his mother and I.

As for all of the rape issues on the table; rape is an unacceptable act of violence - and not something I want my daughters or sons to have to face or live with. My heart goes out to all of the people involved --as the destruction and damage to both the victims and perpetrators will be long lasting and painful. Are the allegations all true? That's not up for me to decide; the legal system and the media will reveal the truth in time. May the appropriate punishment be doled out to the sociopaths that commit rape; and may healing and wisdom come to the victims and their families.

Personally, I want my son out of that environment and far away from the whole scene. What I've heard and experienced recently and over the last month or so has convinced me that there are far, far better situations and people to be involved with --and while good things have come from involvement up to this point, the situation is far from ideal and I want my family far away from it all.

Keenan was a very talented BJJ practitioner before he moved to Maryland --and will continue to shine, I'm sure. I do not want the stain of the piss poor judgment and violence committed by those involved to attach itself to Keenan's reputation --and my opinion is that he should, out of principle, immediately resign from the team and go involve himself with a new group of peers and friends.

I will encourage Keenan to cultivate a new team and sponsors and I'd like the whole scene to go on as it will without our family's involvement. I hope the allegations all turn out to be false and that this ugly wound on the reputation of the martial arts, in general, heals quickly and is replaced by the awareness that we have to coach our young men to understand what rape is --and why it is an unacceptable act of violence and blatant, damaging disrespect.

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 12:33pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Lloyd_Irvin

So this will probably get changed as soon as someone notices but:

Affiliate Schools
    Gold Medal in gang rape in USA
    Gold Medal Grappling in Woodbridge, VA
    BJJ United in Philadelphia, PA
    Main Line United in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Third Law BJJ in Naples, FL

Another reason why wikipedia should not be cited for anything(although in this case, its closer to the truth than you'd think)
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast