Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 12:49pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Respect72 View Post
    Funny how the facebook group was removed and people are backing down now.
    Who is backing down? The hive has been stirred, Antonio has the attention of those who are in an infinitely higher position than he, and this is now global. The only question which needs to be answered, is who gave Antonio his brown belt?

According to Alex Kennedy on the phone, the academy owner, Antonio received his brown belt from 'one of the Gracie's in Torrance in the 90s' anyone who wishes to call the academy will be met with this answer. Alex seemed like a genuine and nice person, if Antonio has lied/faked credentials to get a teaching position there, then he needs to know.

So the question remains, who gave Antonio his brown belt in BJJ? and why is this question so hard for you to answer?

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 3:11pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Respect72 View Post
    This is a third party, who happen to personally know Antonio and therefore speaking on his behalf. We are also a lawyers and gaining evidence. He has provided Kickboxing, Thai Boxing and Tae Kwondo certificates to his Academy. With regards to NASM, i think the checks that were done were not through. The NASM in the UK were contacted not the NASM in the USA. NASM records are disposed of after three years. Speak to the Academy i think you will find, Antonio is a 4th Dan. This behaviour is so disrespectful towards a Master.
    Hello, to whoever is posting as Respect.

My name is Samuel Browning. I'm one of the site's lawyers. We are an American electronic bulletin board and govern ourselves accordingly. I've never previously seen an Attorney write "we are also a lawyers". Similarly if you are a lawyer you should know that under the common law in America third parties do not normally have standing to file law suits to defend the rights of other people. For example if you defame Kate Middleton, I sue you for libel, you will have the suit dismissed because I am not a properly a party to this action and lack standing. Until you establish that you have the legal authority to represent Antonio you are simply blustering.

If you have what we call a power of attorney form from Antonio you may scan it and print it here without any redactions. Similarly if you are his attorney you need to prove this, otherwise anyone on the internet can claim to be an attorney.

http://www.jud2.ct.gov/attorneyfirmi...rmInquiry.aspx
    type in 417779 and my information pops up.

You may also fax me at 866-288-4046 though under American law this does not constitute service, and I do not agree to waive service for Bullshido.net I also do not promise to keep anything you fax me confidential, I will use it for my purposes.

You could help Antonio out by providing information as to where he received his black belt, however, since it appears you are going the legal threat route, I'll simply reiterate that Bullshido.net as an electronic bulletin board which under Zaren v. Aol is not responsible for the content posted by its providers, and that we do not recognize the jurisdiction of English Courts so you'll have to file in America.

Take care and see you in Connecticut.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 10:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Antonio Estepanian, BJJ brown belt and other spurious claims.

I'm Kyle Calkins purple belt under JD Shelly in Dallas, Texas. Google my name with Bjj next to it to find a record of my competitions. Can Antonio say the same?

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 10:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    You could help Antonio out by providing information as to where he received his black belt
    sam, i believe that he is claiming a brown belt, not a black belt (in BJJ, his other black belts have not been questioned yet.)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 11:37pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thank you.

Posted On:
    1/10/2013 9:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RE: Taekwondo claims

Understood about the use of the word "fraud" without presenting evidence. Unfortunately I do not have the emails in archive as it was done through my work email from 2 jobs ago and I have no copy to provide. I will however contact USA Taekwondo again, and British Taekwondo for any details they have on him and forward the response.

You cannot say (to me) you have Pan Am medals representing the USA and then Team USA saying they never heard of you. I would like to see his Taekwondo certification, medals would be good too... if he can prove any of it, then Team USA have a problem if they cannot recognise their own former team selections and medalists.

I will reply when I get back some answers. I didn't expect this to blow up as such but whatever, if he can back it up, then I'll shut my face and even send students his way. If not... We have a problem as I teach round the corner and have earned my certification.

Posted On:
    1/10/2013 10:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a student at Guildford Academy.

I do not know Antonio outside of the Academy, and I cannot add any input into verifying his credentials.

However, I can testify to his Character and his dedication to his students along with his professionalism. Since joining the college last year as a complete novice, he has shown nothing but patients, along with a teaching ability that is clearly fuelled by a passion for all aspects of Martial Arts.

You do not have to be in a class for very long to realize that he is clearly respected by his students and colleagues.

Although what I have to say is largely irrelevant in terms of credentials, its important for people to not judge a man they have never met on claims that are, as of yet, unfounded.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2013 10:40am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Antonio Estepanian, BJJ brown belt and other spurious claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephelapoid View Post

I do not know Antonio outside of the Academy, and I cannot add any input into verifying his credentials.

However, I can testify to his Character and his dedication to his students along with his professionalism. Since joining the college last year as a complete novice, he has shown nothing but patients, along with a teaching ability that is clearly fuelled by a passion for all aspects of Martial Arts.

You do not have to be in a class for very long to realize that he is clearly respected by his students and colleagues.

Although what I have to say is largely irrelevant in terms of credentials, its important for people to not judge a man they have never met on claims that are, as of yet, unfounded.
    It actually speaks very ill of his character in that he is claiming a brown belt from Royce and is not providing anyone with proof. As many has stated, earning a brown from the Royce is something to brag about, hell earning a brown period is a huge accomplishment.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/10/2013 10:45am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

this is all fine and good, and he may very well be an extremely talented fighter and teacher, but that has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

the question here is if he is lying about his BJJ rank. if he has legit skills, but has no official rank, then he should be able to get ranked under a legit Black Belt fairly quickly and put this behind him.

the BJJ community has been very careful about making sure claims of rank by instructors are legitimate in order to avoid the complete fiasco that a black belt has become in many other styles, where it is possible to just buy a high rank with no skill.

we ask a lot of questions on this forum, and with good reason. we have unmasked those making false claims in the past, but we have also found many people to be legitimate, by them *answering our questions* frankly and honestly.

most of those who complain that we are being disrespectful, or rude, or who refuse to answer the questions have something to hide.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    1/10/2013 10:47am

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Agreed, Antonio is a nice guy and of good character as I knew him in person for months and trained under him for months. But here's the problem, I was trying to get into the national team or selections at least, and I paid a lot of money based on him telling me he medaled for USA Taekwondo in Pan Am competitions... There were many discrepancies so I looked him up with unfavourable results, so I left.

Anyway, I spoke to USA Taekwondo just now and they will email me their results again. I have also called the Academy and will speak to the manager about checks they carried out. Happy to see him in person if this gets rediculous to settle the matter. I live round the corner anyway...
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast