• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 7:25am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Battlefields, are you the owner of this site by any chance? As i mentioned already, we will be taking legal action regarding this. There are laws in place to protect people from this kind of slander. I would like to see your credentials regarding any official capacity you have, which i believe in the Cyber world is Zilch! The thread on facebook has already been taken down, funny that. I suggest you do the same. Certificates have been produced to the relevant people, so there really is no need for any of this. I suggest if you want to do something more constructive with your time, find another group, not one which is connected to Andy Roberts. Isn't he losing his students right now, isn't this what it's all about really?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 7:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Respect72 View Post
    The thread on facebook has already been taken down, funny that.
    No it hasn't, it's up right now on the UK BJJ Underground group, here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/286498698062505/

Certificates have been produced to the relevant people, so there really is no need for any of this.
    Which people are those? Can we see them as well, please?

I suggest if you want to do something more constructive with your time, find another group, not one which is connected to Andy Roberts. Isn't he losing his students right now, isn't this what it's all about really?
    I have no idea how Andy's school is going, but it has no bearing on whether Antonio is a BJJ Brown Belt or not. Is this Antonio posting, or some interested third party?

Could you tell us who awarded him/you his belt, please?
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 1/09/2013 7:33am at .

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 7:34am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, i am not the owner. I wasn't aware of a thread on Facebook. I have no idea who Andy Robert is, nor, I would imagine, do a great majority of people on this site. Bullshido acts as a sort of consumer advisory board where people can find information on potential schools. We have great respect for legitimate teachers of the martial arts.

As I said, if you can provide evidence, like you said you have to other parties, we can happily lay this issue to rest. If you would like to send a scan of the certificate or some such, that would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:06am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^

Saw this on the UG and had to chip in, I'm not affilianted to Andy but I do train there when I can. And to say he's losing students left, right and centre is like the Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf claiming they were winning the war!!

Also, I know a fair bit about Internet slander as I deal regularly with boxing promoters legal teams regarding the issue and you don't have a leg to stand on. But if you want to waste money on legal advice, feel free.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a third party, who happen to personally know Antonio and therefore speaking on his behalf. We are also a lawyers and gaining evidence. He has provided Kickboxing, Thai Boxing and Tae Kwondo certificates to his Academy. With regards to NASM, i think the checks that were done were not through. The NASM in the UK were contacted not the NASM in the USA. NASM records are disposed of after three years. Speak to the Academy i think you will find, Antonio is a 4th Dan. This behaviour is so disrespectful towards a Master.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a third party, who happen to personally know Antonio and therefore speaking on his behalf. We are also a lawyers and gaining evidence. He has provided Kickboxing, Thai Boxing and Tae Kwondo certificates to his Academy. With regards to NASM, i think the checks that were done were not through. The NASM in the UK were contacted not the NASM in the USA. NASM records are disposed of after three years. Speak to the Academy i think you will find, Antonio is a 4th Dan. This behaviour is so disrespectful towards a Master.
    Who gave Antonio his BJJ brown belt?

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:18am

forum leader

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Respect72, now you have made a claim that requires evidence, that being that certificates have been presented to "the relevant people", whoever they are. Until such time that we either view the certificates or have your so called "relevant people" verify through legitimate methods the authenticity of the certificate, it calls into question your reliability in relation to your entire story.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a third party, who happen to personally know Antonio and therefore speaking on his behalf. We are also a lawyers and gaining evidence.
    I hope for your sake this isn't true, posting on the thread as you have done would be staggeringly incompetent.
    He has provided Kickboxing, Thai Boxing and Tae Kwondo certificates to his Academy.
    And BJJ, which is what my question was about? Which organisations are those certificates with? Who awarded his BJJ belt?
    Speak to the Academy i think you will find, Antonio is a 4th Dan. This behaviour is so disrespectful towards a Master.
    Is Antonio happy for you to speak for him? If he is, why don't you post images of the certificates you mentioned on here?

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:23am

forum leader

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Other than the NASM, which someone has suggested might have lapsed, the main claim that you have not addressed is the claim to being a Rickson Gracie brown belt. Your elusiveness regarding this issue, which is and always was the issue, is supremely telling.

Does Antonio have a BJJ brown belt? Yes or no. If yes, who from? If no, why is he telling people he has one?

Your legal team will inform you that you do not have a leg to stand on.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Respect72- Please scan and post here a copy of the certificate that shows Antonio receiving his brown belt from Rickson Gracie in the 90s? If you cannot do that, then there is proof that Antonio does not have a BJJ brown belt under Rickson Gracie, its actually quite simple.

In addition, a word of advice: If you falsely claim rank under the eldest of Helio Gracie's sons to the rank of brown belt, trying to switch the blame to a legitimate black belt under Roger Gracie simply will not cut the mustard. Im sure Roger will stand by his student and also his relative's best interest if you persist with these claims without evidence.

By not showing the certificates, you are appearing to have something to hide, I sincerely hope you can prove us all wrong and back up the claims in question. Thank you.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast