Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 10:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Braziilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, I am new member and a long time lurker. I have been following this on the UG. Whoever edited the webpage to omit his training with Royce and Rickson was sloppy. I understand from a previous poster that you need 5 posts before you can post links. Rather than spam the thread I will format the link to bypass the filter (hopefully you're familiar with Imgur image host). I know you will want to see this.

Mention of his training with the Gracies still on the site:

HIS WEBSITE/brazilianjiujitsu.htm

Saved for posterity:
    IMGUR /5Rqkg
    Last edited by scaramangaka; 1/06/2013 10:24pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 8:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A cursory search on the NASM website in regards to his level 4 pt qualification drew a blank so I then emailed them because he may just have failed to pay his membership fees,
    I also emailed the organisation in the UK who appear to deal with NASM accreditation.

I also emailed KOTC to see if he had been on any of their shows, Im still waiting for a reply from all of the above.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-06-16-39-57 (1).jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	14319
    Last edited by pliers Hanrahan; 1/07/2013 8:10am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 11:49am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pliers Hanrahan View Post
    A cursory search on the NASM website in regards to his level 4 pt qualification drew a blank so I then emailed them because he may just have failed to pay his membership fees,
    I also emailed the organisation in the UK who appear to deal with NASM accreditation.

I also emailed KOTC to see if he had been on any of their shows, Im still waiting for a reply from all of the above.

Name:	Screenshot_2013-01-06-16-39-57 (1).jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	14319
    Good work bro! Remember to post all screenshots of said emails and responses here, the more we have to work with the better. If he is fraudulently claiming to ce NASM certified, is that not highly illegal in the world of sport and development? What are the consequences for such an action?

Just to keep everyone up to date, a moderator on the UG emailed Rener Gracie and Ran it by him, Rener replied with "Never heard of him" Source: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....2112938&page=4

In addition, a poster who claims to have a connection to Relson has emailed Relson asking him to contact Rickson directly, hopefully the poster will provide screen shots of said email and response. Source: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....2112938&page=6

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 1:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-06 at 10.28.09 PM.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	14320

Here he states that he is a Brazilian JuJitsu Brownbelt.

Notice the line where it was poorly backspaced, where it previously described that he trained with Royse and Ricshon Gracie.

They may think they are saving themselves, but this still leaves the question. Who did he receive his brown belt under?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 6:01pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DKJr View Post

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-01-06 at 10.28.09 PM.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	14320

Here he states that he is a Brazilian JuJitsu Brownbelt.

Notice the line where it was poorly backspaced, where it previously described that he trained with Royse and Ricshon Gracie.

They may think they are saving themselves, but this still leaves the question. Who did he receive his brown belt under?
    http://www.guildfordmartialarts.com/...anjiujitsu.htm

The claim he trained with Royce and Rickson is still here on the BJJ section of the website, not sure it was ever on the instructors section of the site.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 6:37am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Firstly I am extremely disappointed in anyone that has actually taken part in this thread. The owners of this site have been contacted to get this removed immediately. How dare any of you make allegations such as these? The fact is that Andy Roberts has headed up this whole group because he is losing student's left, right and centre. FACT! He is clearly jealous of Antonio and all the comments on here have originated from his students. I really hope Karma bites him on the arse because this show's his character! Anyone taking part in this discussion in a slanderous manner, should not even be in the Martial Arts field. NO RESPECT WHATSOEVER! Now to the legalities, a personal email has been used, and a private photo taken from Facebook. On top of this, i think you will find that Defamation law places necessary restrictions on what we are able to say about other individuals or companies. For the most part, people are free to speak as they will, but when it can be shown that unjust criticism was levelled at someone who was undeserving of it, and it caused significant harm to some aspect of their life, there are quite rightly various forms of legal recourse for them to take. I suggest anyone who has any sense, withdraw from this thread immediately because legal action is taken!

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 6:43am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No can do, sunshine. If you have anything that can refute the claims made, please provide evidence. As it stands, it appears that Antonio has made claims he cannot back up with evidence. Bullshido will gladly accept any evidence that assists antonio's claims, provided they can be backed by proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 6:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who are you guys exactly? Please provide all the information!

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 7:09am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As my name suggests, I am battlefields, that is all the information you need about me as this thread is not about claims I have made. This thread is about the claim of Antonio being a brown belt under Rickson (or Ricshon) Gracie, a claim that was questioned by several people. It appears that Antonio has tried to amend the website so as to no longer reflect this claim, but fortunately the Internet has memory and thus there is evidence to suggest he did make these claims. If you have any evidence to suggest either he didn't make these claims or that he IS a BJJ brown belt, please provide it so that the misunderstanding can be cleared up as soon as possible.

If, and I suspect you can't, you can't provide evidence as directed, please do not post here in this particular forum, in accordance with the strict rules set out in the stickies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast