Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Epic Knockout?

  1. #1
    FinalLegion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,050
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Epic Knockout?

    So I ran across this video that was in my FB feed. Now, I don't know squat about striking pressure points or arteries or anything like that...all I know is that the result is kind of funny. What I don't know is if there is anything legit about this.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon- United States
    Posts
    166
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    So I ran across this video that was in my FB feed. Now, I don't know squat about striking pressure points or arteries or anything like that...all I know is that the result is kind of funny. What I don't know is if there is anything legit about this.

    I just read the "Bubishi" (McCarthy Translation) and it describes that exact strike in the vital point section of the book. So, I can't answer if that is legit or not because I have no real experience to speak of about it. It is interesting to me because I just read about that. I too would like to know how legit that is... We'll have to wait and let the experienced give some insight on this.

  3. #3
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Without seeing the video because I can't, damn iPhone, I imagine it is some chop to the neck, right?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

  4. #4
    Fuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,185
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Without seeing the video because I can't, damn iPhone, I imagine it is some chop to the neck, right?
    Yup, brachial stun innit?

  5. #5
    Vorpal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A Hell of my own making
    Posts
    3,082
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If do correct no can defend.

  6. #6
    slamdunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,301
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Yup, brachial stun innit?
    100% correct. A dangerous application of the technique though; a palm, back-hand or forearm is less likely to damage vertebrae.


    ^^^Same **** Different Day^^^


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, just understand that it can work, but doesn't work on everybody.

    I have had a number of use-of-force instructors try it on me, only to discover it had no effect--and for some of them, it was the first time they'd had this (lack of) result. I am not particularly big or tough for the jobs I've had, and if it won't work on me, it definitely won't work on a number of other individuals.

    Anyone who, for whatever reason, believes it necessary to use this (and I have, on rare occasions) be sure to have a plan "B" and "C" and so on, just in case magic-chop doesn't work.

    Also, if chops aren't your thing, a short hook, elbow or straight (if you're side-on to the intended target) can hit the same target with the same or more authority.

  8. #8
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,449
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Search function. This video has been covered before. Of course it is real.

    Yes, any strike to that area of bones, arteries (carotid etc), and nerves (vagus etc) can cause syncope, knockouts, paralysis, and death for a number of reasons.

    This is the reason neck strikes are illegal in boxing (i.e. rabbit punch).

    This is also one of the reasons judo blood chokes are so effective (according to Vladimir Putin).

    Immediate blood pressure dumps are a bitch and will take anyone off their feet and into la-la-land in a matter of seconds.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/04/2013 2:33pm at .

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    157
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Search function. This video has been covered before. Of course it is real.

    Yes, any strike to that area of bones, arteries (carotid etc), and nerves (vagus etc) can cause syncope, knockouts, paralysis, and death for a number of reasons.

    This is the reason neck strikes are illegal in boxing (i.e. rabbit punch).

    This is also one of the reasons judo blood chokes are so effective (according to Vladimir Putin).

    Immediate blood pressure dumps are a bitch and will take anyone off their feet and into la-la-land in a matter of seconds.
    "It is an honor to be choked out"
    But only by certain masters of the art.

  10. #10
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,449
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    "It is an honor to be choked out"
    But only by certain masters of the art.
    Nevermind.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO