Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    6/25/2014 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Alan Thornton, "10th Dan Red Belt" in Made-Up System, Honored by the Queen of England

Executive Summary:

Alan Thornton (no relation to Matt)

Man. Mystery.

Professor of "Naturopathic Studies".

10th Dan Red Belt, self-awarded.

New Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE). Oops!

Now: Hunted

First there was this:

http://www.thetempleoftruth.co.uk/page4.htm
    http://karatekidzonline.com/interviews/thornton.html

Seems legit...

Then uh oh...infamy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...heard-him.html

Kung who? Mystery of the martial arts 'professor' handed an MBE - even though no one's heard of him
    Uh oh...MAP calls Bullshido! Contacts the British Gov'ment (honours@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk)

Poor Alan, he's crying. People online are ruining his (non-existent, unsubstantiated) reputation!

“I'm not a fly by night fraudster. It was so upsetting, I was in tears at one stage.”

Mr Thornton, who described himself as a 10th Dan Red belt in a form of karate called Senai Seisshinry Shihandokai, says he was also asked to provide documents about his qualifications including his BsC in naturopathic studies.

He said he had problems remembering where he had qualified, which led to further doubt being cast on him.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1092...nt-add-up.html

Karate expert warned MBE could be stripped if qualifications don't add up

Alan Thornton, who says he has achieved the highest honour in karate, says he has been told he has been 'red flagged' over his MBE after experts in the sport raised concerns about his qualifications
    Tea, anyone?

But please...

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/25/2014 1:41pm at .

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    6/25/2014 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/111933685849333635250/posts

This is the man he claims to have taught him Isshin Ryu Karate. This teacher lives in Indianapolis Indiana. Unless Thorton traveled to train, he is full of crap.

Seems like we have caught someone in their lies and people are not happy with him.

Lying and pretending you are something you are not always comes back and bites you in the ass.

Too bad, Thomas Daw our resident FAKE GM cannot take this advice to heart.

Posted On:
    6/25/2014 2:22pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are some past Bullshido threads tangentially involved with some of the folks Alan has named.

I'll just leave these here.

James Moclair
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47063

Rod Sacharnoski
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9116

It was at this point in 1998, that my own Ryu / System was officially recognised and fully sanctioned by Professor Moclair (O-Hanshi) and Dr. Sacharnoski, Soke. This was the beginning stages of my own system of ‘Senai Seisshinryu Shihandokai’ (1 Heart Spirit Way of the Masters Association)* being gradually accepted and fully recognised by various international organisations throughout the world including, Japan, Okinawa, U.S.A., Canada, England, Germany, Holland, etc. to name a few.
    Sacharnoski rang a bell. This was in the BS archives:

Juko-Kai founder ordered to pay
    $50,000 in harassment, forgery case

WHEATON, IL -- Rod Sacharnoski, founder of Juko-Kai, International, was ordered to pay $50,000 damages for
    telephone harassment and forgery on Thursday, Oct. 23, in the 18th Judicial Circuit Court of DuPage County.

After hearing testimony and reviewing hundreds of pages of evidence in the case, Judge Kenneth A. Abraham ordered Sacharnoski to pay $50,000 in compensatory
    and punitive damages to Don Cunningham. A judo instructor and former competitor, Cunningham is a well-known lecturer and author of two books on the history of
    traditional Japanese martial arts.

The original complaint alleges that Sacharnoski frequently contacted the Aurora, IL, resident "with the intent to abuse, threaten, and harass." The second count charges that Sacharnoski forged the plaintiff's name on subscription requests for magazines and other services. Further, the complaint alleges the defendant also conspired with other parties to commit these felonies and to intimidate and annoy Cunningham. Sacharnoski is the leader of a Texas-based martial arts association.

According to his web site, Juko-Kai has various divisions including ninpo arts and is allegedly authorized by Masaaki Hatsumi of the Bujinkan, an international martial arts organization based on ninja mythology. Sacharnoski and his
    followers were recently featured in Discovery Channel documentaries demonstrating "Combat Ki" by kicking and punching each other in the groin and throat.

http://www.e-budokai.com/jukokai/index.htm
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch...hp/t-6998.html
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/25/2014 2:27pm at .

Posted On:
    6/25/2014 3:00pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL.

I just got a 3 day ban from MAP for using the term "BS" to describe this guy.

According to moderator "ap Oweyn" I violated their "masked profanity" policy. What a joke, really. I can't even post things like "Fuk Fu" on MAP, their piece of **** automated profanity filter tags it every time.

They've been itching to ban me ever since I dared question the authenticity of Masaaki Hatsumi in the Ninjutsu forum, and pissed some Ninja mods off.

Remind me never to post on websites like MAP again. Censoring people for using the term "BS" to describe actual bullshido when really they are just carrying out mod vendettas.

Enjoy your little circle jerks, MAP. I will just hang out here, with the grownups.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 6/25/2014 3:04pm at .

Posted On:
    6/25/2014 3:01pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This has been flying around FB pages here in Blighty. I would expect the MBE to be revoked although I'm incredulous that he managed to receive one. It's a very rigorous process in UK Govt so it's probable that his 'success' in being awarded one, is as a result of a nomination from the public. This can now be done. That said, I'd imagine he proposed himself...even so, due diligence clearly failed...

Reminds of last year in which one chap got an MBE for 30 years services to Campanology. (That's Bell-Ringing). Laugh? **** me! That was better than the OBE to "Dave" Cameron's hairdresser - yes, he got the Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, which outranks the MBE.

Anyway, back to World Cup and England's dire performance; and will Suarez be banned...

Posted On:
    6/25/2014 3:57pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I told the MAP mods what I thought of their 3 day ban for using two letters: "BS".

Now, a permanent ban and a request for apology from their global mods. They'll consider allowing me back, but only if I ask nicely.

I've considered their request, but chose to permanently spam filter their email domain and block their website in my web proxy. I have kids to protect, after all.

Same ****, different day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2014 12:26am

Style: Judo & WTF Taekwondo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair - they give these things out to anyone:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...luing-MBE.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/26/2014 3:26am

Style: Holiday Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't even need to represent the country. If you really want to steeped in all the glory and honours the empire has to offer, just become a Bus Driver

If I was going to award a gong for "services to the martial arts", I'd be giving them to the Olympic judo and TKD team and coaches. At least they've done something to earn it.

Posted On:
    6/26/2014 5:28pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!

typo

I see no reason why the bus driver shouldn't be 'recognised', after all part of the purpose of the Awards process is to seek out those who toil in 'unglamorous' work that performs a social service. He's been driving a bus for a very long time so I've no problem with him getting his 'gong'. Remember some awards are enhancements of previous awards and can be truly laughable, celebs, thespians, favourite businessmen etc. One of the greatest abusers of the Awards process was by Margaret Thatcher who strewed the Conservative backbenchers who were paid off with knighthoods. Now you know why David Lloyd George used to sell them in the early 20th c.: he had contempt for those who sought them and made damn sure that they paid huge fees to get their ennoblements and knighthoods.

Moving on, in military circles, it used to be said that a Staff Car driver, usually a long-serving Sergeant to a General Officer only had to open the glove compartment to collect his BEM. In other words, some Govt jobs automatically bring Titles and Awards. All 3 star Officers (Vice-Admiral, Lieutenant-General, Air Vice-Marshal) got a knighthood on Appointment. That stopped during John Major's time as Prime Minister. In more recent times, I know a Lieutenant Colonel awarded an OBE for work in West Africa. I can tell you now that he shouldn't have been there cos he was told not to go and that he'd just get in the way. Yes, it can be a lottery.

Moreover, the 2 honours lists (New Year + Queen's Birthday) are not to be confused with Gallantry Awards. These are scrutinised very carefully but these can be a lottery as well. You have to be seen by a superior Officer and then that Report goes up the chain. Some men have do some very brave things and were never awarded so much as a shirt button. Other than that protocol also plays a part: for example every Battalion Commander in the Falklands War got a DSO (Distinguished Service Order) except 2 PARA CO, Lt Col H Jones. He got the Victoria Cross (VC). Usually to get this, you have to be seen to be VERY BRAVE with an above 90% chance of being killed in the act of your Bravery. The DSO is second only to the VC, so why didn't Jones get the DSO? Because he was killed? Well, probably not. You see, the DSO cannot be awarded Posthumously, so, for protocol purposes, it had to be uprated.....to the VC.

Anyway, I'll stop here, the World Cup is calling me back and Suarez has been banned and fined.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    6/26/2014 6:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even if you don't feel an OBE is worth much, could you imagine the field day the Soke's Council would have if one of their own was a gen-u-ine British Knight (or close enough to a knight, as far as they're probably concerned)? The man's fingers would be worn to the bone from all the certificates he would be asked to sign.

Sent from my ZX Spectrum using TapTalk.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast