223962 Bullies, 4162 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 8:55pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    In an imaginary world where the US is in a literal state of war, I'd wonder what states would still survive in an organised form, rather than in the Somalian sense of a state.
    Texas.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 8:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thrutch View Post
    I suspect if you did a straw poll you'd find more people over here who are upset about Pakistani children being killed by American drones than those upset about American children being killed by American guns. I'd probably be one of them.
    Makes sense to me.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 8:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    It depends on the area you're in.

The $250k fine + 10 years in club fed is a nationwide law. Keep in mind that is the "maximum reccomended" sentence. You could get off with less, but that's up to the judge and jury. To give you an idea of how strong that law is though, you could receive such a penalty for owning, or making this:

Most penalties for serious offenses still fall under the juresdiction of the state where they take place. Get caught in WA with a joint and they wont care unless you're behind the wheel. Get caught with that same joint in TX and you're looking at real jail time.

But lets just put it this way, some people get convicted of rape or murder 2 and are back on the street in a couple of years as opposed to ten for that DIAS in the picture.

Some people get caught with a loaded handgun and because of enhanced penalties for prior offenses wind up getting a decade for every bullet in the mag.

Did I mention our justice sytem is a total mess?
    Jesus tittyfucking Christ. That is messed up. How are Lindsay and her Mum?

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 9:01pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Totally agree, case history teaches alot. I can see the point for less focus on the perps in the media.
    I feel they get to much attention.
    A buddy of mine said they should only show one picture of him in the media - the one with his head blown off. Sounds like win.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 9:13pm

Style: Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    Sure. I don't mean its a hot topic in some sense, didn't mean to give that impression. I'm up late and typing on the fly so my bad.
    I mean to equate certain political views on the ( quite far) left ie: anti US intervention/anti war with an anti American sentiment often finding a perverse confirmation bias in the gun 'issue'.

I guess its the circles you move in though how much you get of it.
    That's probably it. I don't have a great deal of contact with the chattering classes / agit left wing types and I'm not on Facebook.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/04/2013 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    A buddy of mine said they should only show one picture of him in the media - the one with his head blown off. Sounds like win.
    So that would work- I like it. So the tombstone would have the perps body, head with a canoes harped hole, then access allowed only by victims families. Wonder how many would view that...

Posted On:
    1/04/2013 9:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I am generally interested in guns and shooting. Appart from a short spell in the army and my own 'vermin' control armoury, I have a diploma in gunsmithing via correspondence, and in 2009 I visited US to do the sigsaur auto pistol armourers coarse in NH. Whilst there I recieved some training in pistol shooting and spent some happy hours at a range wasting money...good times

I'm enviouse of your acces to cool guns, but also a little relieved that I live somewhere that I don't need to ues them apart from killing critters

if one is interested in gun culture, the US exerts a strong gravitational pull, and the twist and turns of the debate are, to me, interesting
    Honest answer. Gracias.

I'm still all ears if others want to speak up, but I'm guessing you've hit the nail on the head. I suspect much of the interest from Brits on the subject of gun control is a mixture of equal parts envy and disgust.

Envy, because we have what we perceive to be a fundamental right to own all sorts of badass guns and we've been able to protect that right to this point. And it's a right you don't have, at least not to the degree we do. And disgust because you view us as a bunch of Hatfields and McCoys who run around slaughtering each other because we have highly evolved weapons and poorly evolved brains.

What do you think? Am I off base, or do disgust and envy drive much of the interest in the debate over the American cowboys and their guns?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2013 9:40am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm envious that you have the right to own such bad-assery, curious at how it plays out and disgusted with the individuals that commit such horrendous crimes.

I loved going on the ranges when I had my brush with military life and to be able to carry that on to a hobby would be fucking awesome. At least they haven't banned Golf yet.

Posted On:
    1/04/2013 9:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    I'm envious that you have the right to own such bad-assery, curious at how it plays out and disgusted with the individuals that commit such horrendous crimes.

I loved going on the ranges when I had my brush with military life and to be able to carry that on to a hobby would be fucking awesome. At least they haven't banned Golf yet.
    You and doofaloofa should move here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2013 9:57am

Style: Holiday Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not until the sit-coms are back up to scratch.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast