1/02/2013 10:18pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA star Anderson Silva Signs New 10-Fight UFC Deal

Anderson Silva Signs New 10-Fight UFC Deal

Posted on December 30, 2012 by Damon Martin

It appears Anderson Silva‘s future is set with plenty more fights left inside the UFC Octagon after his latest contract negotiation.

Following his win over Stephan Bonnar at UFC 153, Silva and his management confirmed that the longtime champion had two fights left on his current deal, but they were going to begin dialoging with the UFC soon about an extension.

Now, according to UFC president Dana White, those terms have been reached and it’s a big deal.

White confirmed that Anderson Silva will sign a new 10-fight deal with the UFC that will take him up until the day he likely decides to retire, closing the book on one of the most storied careers in all of fighting.

“Ten. He signed a 10-fight deal. I don’t think we’ve ever done a 10-fight deal. Maybe we did one with Forrest once, I don’t remember, but Anderson said, ‘I want a 10-fight deal, not an eight-fight deal.’ I’ll give him a 100-fight deal if he wants one,” White said on Saturday night.

Already the most dominant champion in UFC history, Silva probably received the most lucrative deal the company has ever offered, and it stands to reason why.

Silva is undefeated in his UFC career with more title defenses than any fighter that has ever stepped foot in the Octagon, and even at 37 years of age he doesn’t appear to be slowing down whatsoever.

“Ten more fights, realistically, is three more years. I mean, the guy is (almost) 38, but he doesn’t look it,” White said about his champion.

Full article at http://www.mmaweekly.com/anderson-si...fight-ufc-deal

Good news! I knew Silva was playing games with his talk of retiring and taking much of 2013 off. The sport and UFC need a huge PPV draw like him.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:06pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    White's talking out of his ass, as usual. Silva hasn't fought more than twice a year since 2008, so we're looking more at 5 years than 3, especially if we continue to see fights fall through like they've been doing all year. I have a bad feeling Silva is going to end up looking upsettingly mortal by the end of it, but if there's anyone who can retire on top without having lost a step, he's the only one who could pull it off.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:09am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who cares, a fighter is not obligated to do all the fights in his contract. He can retire when he wants. It's just means he fights exclusively for UFC for his next 10 fights.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2013 3:36pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dat Anderson Silva money.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/05/2013 9:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by brodown View Post
    Dat Anderson Silva money.
    dude, you do realise you don't -have- to comment on every thread with a meaningless one line post right? don't be that guy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 1:08am

Style: Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Who cares, a fighter is not obligated to do all the fights in his contract. He can retire when he wants. It's just means he fights exclusively for UFC for his next 10 fights.
    I am not very knowledgeable on fight contracts, so what happens if he chooses to retire after say 5 fights or something? Does he have to pay a lump sum or fine since he isn't going to finish all the fights in my hypothetical scenario?

On hiatus

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 5:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judokarl View Post
    I am not very knowledgeable on fight contracts, so what happens if he chooses to retire after say 5 fights or something? Does he have to pay a lump sum or fine since he isn't going to finish all the fights in my hypothetical scenario?
    Nothing happens. If he stops, he stops. Money is made fight by fight.

What he can't do is fight for another organization for his next 10 fights. But with the championship clause, that's nothing new anyway.

Look at Randy Couture, he still had 3 fights left on his contract when he retired... so.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

On hiatus

Posted On:
    1/24/2013 3:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

OOPS, looks like someone spoke too soon.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2013 5:53pm

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ugh. I can see why they get him a translator normally.

Posted On:
    1/27/2013 5:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Id love to see Jones Jones vs SIlva asap.