insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 10:33pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    At first you said we share nothing, now you want to be my twin?
    Show me where I want to be your twin.

I was accusing Rice without proof.
    Yes.

Lol. No ****? And here this looked like a gold mine of a thread to me. My OP was troll bait and then Crack Fox showed me a cool video of this system. I'm sorry that was so hard for you to understand.
    Troll bait, roger.

If you were worth any more of my time, I'd go look real quick. Idiot.
    You need a new angry word. Idiot is lowbrow for this website.

**** you're dumb. Fucking idiot.
    Does adding "****" make it angrier? Oh there's "idiot" again.

No, idiot.
    Good lord man....

My backbone lies in that I don't feel the need to be fake to anybody.
    Then stop being fake.

As much **** as I talk on here, I'm completely honest
    No.

and that's how I am in real life.
    No.

Just like how you are on here is most likely how you are in real life, a fake.
    No.

Got it.
    No, you don't.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:17pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIV View Post
    Join me! It's fun! I promise.

I lied. My legs hurt.
    I feel ya. Just got done training. We did 30 partner squats and 30 one legged squats on each side.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    I feel ya. Just got done training. We did 30 partner squats and 30 one legged squats on each side.
    Those I admit I am not ready for yet. More power to you for being able to do that. What are partner squats?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by XXIV View Post
    Those I admit I am not ready for yet. More power to you for being able to do that. What are partner squats?
    Thanks. Partner squats are when you put your partner in a standing fireman's carry and do squats with him or her on your shoulders. They are harder than weight training squats in my opinion. The dead weight of a human body is no joke.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:33pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The dead weight of a human body is no joke.
    Is it different than the dead weight of actual weights?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:42pm

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I never practiced any arts until Nov. 29th. I've played sports my whole life though and am a skilled athlete none the less. Fighting is not a magical skill. That's why there are guys in the UFC that only started training after seeing a UFC fight on tv. You can't say that for football or baseball.
    You do know that there are plenty of scholarship players in the NCAA playing football that never touched a pigskin until high school, and some of them not even until their junior year. You don't really need a "lifetime" to run into or away from somebody. Yes, I did break football down to it's core elements. I spent from the age of five until I was 17 playing the game that is a religion down here in Texas. The only thing that makes football complicated or seem that way is all the schemes. Get out of here with that fucking analogy.

Baseball's history is full of players that just came into it and never "trained" at it all when they did play. Shoeless Joe didn't start playing until he got a job at a mill and it wasn't that long after that he was asked to play for Chicago. Walter Johnson, one of the greatest pitchers ever, same thing. Babe Ruth was drunk most of the time and used to chug a soda for every hot dog he would ate, he was known to eat a dozen in a sitting. How the **** does that proves baseball takes intense training to be good? I just named three of the greatest players to ever play the game and I never touched the Negro League players who due to shitty attitudes never had a chance until they were older to actually get a glove and ball.

Where the **** is Ty Cobb when you need him?
    Last edited by catfishaggie; 1/02/2013 11:45pm at .

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 12:26am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks. Partner squats are when you put your partner in a standing fireman's carry and do squats with him or her on your shoulders. They are harder than weight training squats in my opinion. The dead weight of a human body is no joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Those frigging suck. And yeah, they're worse than just weights in my opinion. I'm guessing it's because your frigging partner can't hold still. He's got his own balance issues he instinctively tries to correct.

Edit: Oh... in a fireman's carry. Never did it that way. Always piggyback.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 12:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    You do know that there are plenty of scholarship players in the NCAA playing football that never touched a pigskin until high school, and some of them not even until their junior year. You don't really need a "lifetime" to run into or away from somebody. Yes, I did break football down to it's core elements. I spent from the age of five until I was 17 playing the game that is a religion down here in Texas. The only thing that makes football complicated or seem that way is all the schemes. Get out of here with that fucking analogy.

Baseball's history is full of players that just came into it and never "trained" at it all when they did play. Shoeless Joe didn't start playing until he got a job at a mill and it wasn't that long after that he was asked to play for Chicago. Walter Johnson, one of the greatest pitchers ever, same thing. Babe Ruth was drunk most of the time and used to chug a soda for every hot dog he would ate, he was known to eat a dozen in a sitting. How the **** does that proves baseball takes intense training to be good? I just named three of the greatest players to ever play the game and I never touched the Negro League players who due to shitty attitudes never had a chance until they were older to actually get a glove and ball.

Where the **** is Ty Cobb when you need him?
    I see what you are saying. I played football from 3rd grade to 12th grade. My step Dad from san angelo and my Dad from Indiana. I played football and basketball like a religion. I also played baseball from 3rd grade until 9th. Your football example, I do not agree with. The difference in size and talent from level to level is incomparable. Sure lots of guys pick up the sport in high school but how many of those guys make it to the league? Not as many as can pick up a fighting art and go pro. As far as your baseball argument, I agree yes they are the greats but if you honestly think baseball's level of talent and athleticism isn't far surpassed their time then your crazy. I Agree with to some point that anyone can be a natural at any sport. I just think it's easier and more common in MMA. I agree with you on one thing 100% though... Where the **** is Ty Cobb when you need him?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 12:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wetware View Post
    Those frigging suck. And yeah, they're worse than just weights in my opinion. I'm guessing it's because your frigging partner can't hold still. He's got his own balance issues he instinctively tries to correct.

Edit: Oh... in a fireman's carry. Never did it that way. Always piggyback.
    Exactly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 1:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Wetware already answered it but yes it's different. While your are doing squats with someone in a fireman's carry they naturally try to balance even when trying to be motionless. It's really good training though. My legs feel like jello after tonight. My arms are banged up from blocking too. We sparred 2min rounds for the last half hour punching only.
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast