Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:44am

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Man, I knew karate was kindof antiquated but I never expected karateka to actually classify themselves into saurischians and ornithischians.
    Next video will cover the Theropod approach and its advantages against Sauropod. I would pay money to learn Beast Foot.
    Last edited by KickPuncher; 1/02/2013 11:50am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:49am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    Kudos for trying to win one for the good guys, but prepare for a full scale karate bashing coming your way. This is a predominately MMA forum. In my experience, the karate bashing is usually directed at karate that doesn't train alive or spar. There are those guys out there that say "karate sucks and it's ineffective". Those guys however are talking directly out of their ass and shouldn't be paid attention too. Karate can be and is effective. Train hard and train alive. Is karate going to teach how to grapple like a Gracie? No. It will teach some very effective striking when trained realistically with a full resisting opponent though. Would a black belt in Kyokushin beat an amateur to pro MMA fighter under an MMA rule set. No. Put the same two fighters under Knockdown karate rules fighting bare knuckle and the MMA fighters odds go way down. Different arts are effective or less effective with different rule sets. Bottom line is karate is effective and if you train alive then you know that. You talk about being a karateka, so act like one and don't let the digital karate bashing get to you. Osu!
    I knew you were a douche, but really? You just plagiarized all the ADVICE you were given and just implied you came up with it yourself..
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/02/2013 1:44pm at .

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 1:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    1) When you need to angle off the opponent, he advocates slapping and leaning to generate the force for the double hip system. This didn't strike me as effective fighting, but I could just be ignorant.
    What's wrong with that? It's basically just leading with a left hook, but not one you're likely to break your hand with.
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    2) He speaks highly of MMA fighters and that he doesn't want to fight someone better than him, so he says to close the distance and slap their hands down. I'm assuming the MMA fighter is going to be a grappler who will also have a good understanding of effective striking. Again, this just doesn't sound effective to me.
    He doesn't say anything about MMA fighters, he's talking about generic "martial artists" who I assume are strikers. The problem with it to my mind is that he says he doesn't want to be at range, but then strikes in a way that creates it. If he wants to keep hitting the guy then why isn't he clinching up?

Consterdine was a full contact champ in the 70s and has a good reputation amongst people who can actually fight. He does need to buy some Thai pads, though, I have no idea what that goofy square thing is meant to be good for.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 1:34pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Did you just count all the words in his post?
    Did you just make your words magically appear in the cyberinternetspace?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 1:36pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I knew you were a douche, but really? You just plagiarized all the ADVICE you were given and just tried imply you came up with it yourself..
    How is passing on advice I'm given claiming it as my own? Does it need to come with a disclaimer? Are you or some other corny guy worried about not getting the credit? I could really care less about the credit BRO. Next time, I'll make sure credit goes to you or one of your dick riding followers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 1:53pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    It's not. Shut up, lurk more, post less.

Budo is a stupid noob and so are you.

The difference between you is you are also a coward and a liar.

You're allegedly "new to internet forums" but you decided to "punch out" a 443-word wall of text on your phone?

Bullshit.
    Yes, I'm a noob. Way to state the obvious. No, I will not shut up. Beside look at the title of the forum BRO. It singles out MMA suggesting that's it focused on more than other martial arts. Yes, there are other forums but as I lurk, I see the majority of post here are tied into MMA somehow. That's not a bad thing. You don't need to get your panties ruffled up Rabbit. Calm down, before someone has to put you back in your cage.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 1:58pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How is passing on advice I'm given claiming it as my own?
    When you take that advice and add the "OMG MMA DOUCHEBAGS, WATCH OUT BULLSHIDO BASHES TMA!"

Does it need to come with a disclaimer?
    Yes, when you write a douchey diatribe like that.

Are you or some other corny guy worried about not getting the credit?
    LOL all I did was provide you with the threads you stole from, so how do I desreve credit dumbass?

I could really care less about the credit BRO.
    I know, you rather insult the entire webiste and then act like you are the newest badass TMA defender.

Next time, I'll make sure credit goes to you or one of your dick riding followers.
    Says the guy, who never practiced any arts, but came in with the biggest TMA dick in his ass.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/02/2013 2:07pm at .

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh dear. All this crazy style vs style vs street vs sport vs squirrels stuff again?

- Bullshido doesn't bash TMA. It bashes TMA's with empty promises. It bashes all MA's with empty promises. It's not a predominantly MMA (aka 'Teh Deadly Cagefighting') driven forum. No - Bullshido is driven by pressure testing, resistance, aliveness - tearing down empty promises, unmasking frauds.

Here's an analogy:

I am an artist. Every day for the past god knows how many years I've drawn. I put my pencil to the paper, I do rough sketches, composition planning, life drawing. That's 'aliveness' in my field.

So, empty patterns in martial arts - philosophies vs pressure testing. It's akin to me drawing various shapes and patterns in the air over and over again for years and then expecting myself to be able to perform "When the time comes".

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beside look at the title of the forum BRO. It singles out MMA suggesting that's it focused on more than other martial arts.
    This thread was originally in the Traditional Martial Arts and Styles forum, and was there when you said it was an MMA dominated forum.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 2:38pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    This thread was originally in the Traditional Martial Arts and Styles forum, and was there when you said it was an MMA dominated forum.
    Shhh he's angry let him vent.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast