Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 9:29am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Needer View Post
    Wow, such hostility after a block of text punched out from my phone. All I can say is thanks for the wise words Budo Brown. I am new as of a few hours ago to forum posting in general and also to this site and I won't be back. I meant everything I stated ... in all its subjectivity as it is after all, just my opinion. Despite the innuendo I used for a bit of fun, I was simply venting frustrations from the negative comments I've read online. I've got better things to do than tear down people I don't know, tends to lack compassion for the other guy. I won't be back, not my scene - prefer constructive criticism to aggressive criticism, which is weak considering the post I wrote. However this was directed to an issue and not to anyone personally. I lowered myself by posting my thoughts on this site, at my age I should have known better. A real karateka would never have hanged themselves out for humiliation like that. Whoops, you live and you learn.
    I'd suggest you take your condescending "holier than thou" attitude with you.

If you took a moment to look at what I study, you'd see that I'm not involved in modern sporting martial arts and very much into old school bujutsu - shame you failed to see the wood for the trees.

Now, on the other hand, if you want to stay, feel free, just don't get your knickers in a twist over triviality.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 9:46am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved from the Trad Japanese Forums.

Fill your boots with this one.

~Ella Wheeler

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 9:50am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, such hostility after a block of text punched out from my phone. All I can say is thanks for the wise words Budo Brown. I am new as of a few hours ago to forum posting in general and also to this site and I won't be back. I meant everything I stated ... in all its subjectivity as it is after all, just my opinion. Despite the innuendo I used for a bit of fun, I was simply venting frustrations from the negative comments I've read online. I've got better things to do than tear down people I don't know, tends to lack compassion for the other guy. I won't be back, not my scene - prefer constructive criticism to aggressive criticism, which is weak considering the post I wrote. However this was directed to an issue and not to anyone personally. I lowered myself by posting my thoughts on this site, at my age I should have known better. A real karateka would never have hanged themselves out for humiliation like that. Whoops, you live and you learn.
    Google the no-rules Gracie Challenge fight videos against karatekas, then shut the **** up.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Fill your boots with this one.
    There's not much left to it though, is there?

OP punched out a block of text from his phone, putting little effort into constructing any kind of coherent argument or even punctuating his post, and now he has no interest in defending his opinions. Show's over.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 9:56am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Defeatist !

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 9:59am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The OP is great. Now that I've read it, I seriously wonder why no Karateka ever tried to use a right punch to win an MMA match. It's so simple! If this secret gets out, we'll see a whole different MMA scene.

You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 10:11am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I'm just gonna go ahead and assume I was wrong and this "right punch" OP spoke of is a straight punch from a low horse stance which is still an uber good way to defense takedowns.
    Shukokai actually has a super-delux version of the right-cross/reverse punch, that uses something called the double hip system

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 10:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am growing tired of the digital bashing some MMA enthusiasts dish out to traditional karate.
    Digital bashing is nothing to a true Karateka who can intercept those nasty ones and zeroes.

From what I have read by far the largest defamation is that traditional karate is ineffective. I take objection to this point of view.
    A true Karateka would be more tactical, taking advantage of that point of view, as it assures he will be underestimated by every potential foe.

There is no doubt that MMA is effective, I do not dispute evolution - however the evolution of this sport occurs within the confines of a cage, literally. In its mainstream competitive form, MMA is a watered down yet no BS blend of what can be learned quickly and delivered effectively by athletes combating under rules in a cage ... no dispute that it is effective within this context. If you put a karateka in a cage with an MMA fighter then the outcome is evident - the MMA will tackle the karateka to the ground, sit on him and pound his coconut like a gorilla on heat.
    To a true Karateka, the presence or absence of a cage is immaterial.

However karate is a martial art path which means so much more than cages, tough guys and egos.
    A true Karateka, trained to be open-minded (part of being tactical) will already have visited--and maybe even crosstrained--at an MMA gym. Many Karateka do.

A true Karateka, being tactically observant, will discover that those who train MMA seriously have little time for chest-beating tough-guy behaviour...except for those who are just acting that way to whip up interest among fans (some of whom do waste a lot of time with tough-guy posing).

Having trained in Kickboxing and freestyle borderline MMA in the past and then trading this path for traditional karate, I have come to see profound differences in the two.
    A true Karateka knows how to count, and knows how to look for similarities as well as differences.

On the matter of traditional karate being ineffective, no one would dispute that most real fights start and end with the right hand ... everything else is dropped like a colon in Bali when its really on like Donkey Kong.
    A true Karateka would understand that fights begin and end in a whole bunch of ways, and will, accordingly, be learn to be well-rounded.

In my first year of learning Shito Ryu Shukokai, almost every class of the five classes a week were spent learning how to throw a strong right punch. Even after years of training in modern MMA or 'freestyles' ... it wasn't until I started training in traditional karate that I discovered that I couldn't punch at all. Best example ... try smashing a rock hard kick shield and stopping it dead with a hard right punch when the shield is being held by a 110 kilogram karateka charging towards you. All the Kickboxing and freestyle MMA methods of delivering a strong right punch mean nothing as your entire wrist and arm collapses. Traditional karate is effective ... just not when rules and rounds are involved.
    A true Karateka trains to nage a charging 110 Kg. into the floor.

No real fight rarely runs beyond a few seconds
    A true Karateka doesn't waste precious seconds reiterating common knowledge.

... before the MMA fighter can shape up to shoot the karateka to the ground the karateka delivers a fast hard straight punch to his chin shattering his jaw like a glass ashtray.
    A true Karateka either provides real examples of such claims, or quits trolling.

However this situation should never occur for a real karateka ... a real karateka would do their best not to put themselves in harms way in the first place. What kind of person would enjoy doing such to another human being?
    What kind of true Karateka engages in such obvious trolling?

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    Shukokai actually has a super-delux version of the right-cross/reverse punch, that uses something called the double hip system

Man, I knew karate was kindof antiquated but I never expected karateka to actually classify themselves into saurischians and ornithischians.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    1/02/2013 11:42am

supporting member
     Style: 

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    This is a predominately MMA forum.
    It's not. Shut up, lurk more, post less.

Wow, such hostility after a block of text punched out from my phone. All I can say is thanks for the wise words Budo Brown. I am new as of a few hours ago to forum posting in general and also to this site and I won't be back.
    Budo is a stupid noob and so are you.

The difference between you is you are also a coward and a liar.

You're allegedly "new to internet forums" but you decided to "punch out" a 443-word wall of text on your phone?

Bullshit.
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast