Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 202122 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 2:49am

Style: Karate, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simple - debate my point of view and refrain from calling me a 'douche' or that I can't punch ... how would anyone know that from what I write? Its just rude, I wouldn't do it to someone else, basic manners mate. Now I might 'have my knickers riding high' or whatever, but its just common decency not to get personal. Debate the point of view, discuss whether or not the technique is useful and provide reasons to support your point of view. I dunno, I AM new to this forum stuff... need to grow some thicker skin I guess. But doesn't add lib like 'this is crap' just a waste a time unless you can back up in a paragraph why you have determined that it is crap?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 8:09am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Back off MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Needer View Post
    Simple - debate my point of view and refrain from calling me a 'douche' or that I can't punch ... how would anyone know that from what I write? Its just rude, I wouldn't do it to someone else, basic manners mate. Now I might 'have my knickers riding high' or whatever, but its just common decency not to get personal. Debate the point of view, discuss whether or not the technique is useful and provide reasons to support your point of view. I dunno, I AM new to this forum stuff... need to grow some thicker skin I guess. But doesn't add lib like 'this is crap' just a waste a time unless you can back up in a paragraph why you have determined that it is crap?
    This is the way I see it. You are a douche because of your attitude brah. You came on here, signed up and proceeded to stir **** because you have some chip on your shoulder.

You even admit that your OP was full of childish ranting. You generalize this whole community as "TMA" bashers when if someone with the smallest initiative could see this community is full of TMA practitioners or those that have done so.

I have a question for you, if the karate dojo you were at was so great why then that it took you going back to MT to realize what worked and what didn't when you fought?

I came to this site when I first started to study Hapkido which has become as watered down as ATA TKD. Yet here I am, made some friends, and always have a great experience. The reason is my attitude. I believe that pressure testing is the only way to get an idea of what does and does not work.

@ itwasntme,
    You want to know if something is a high or low percentage move get off your ass and fucking try it with a sparring partner that is resisting and not expect someone to fucking tell you every little fucking thing. I hate to break this to you but high and low percentage stuff changes with people and their abilities, although some are always low. The only way to find out is to spar with resistance. Once again you are talking out your ass.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 9:15am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Back off MMA

Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    @ itwasntme,
    You want to know if something is a high or low percentage move get off your ass and fucking try it with a sparring partner that is resisting and not expect someone to fucking tell you every little fucking thing. I hate to break this to you but high and low percentage stuff changes with people and their abilities, although some are always low. The only way to find out is to spar with resistance. Once again you are talking out your ass.
    I never said anything that contradicts what you just said. Thanks for adding some clarification to my post.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 9:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Back off MMA

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I never said anything that contradicts what you just said. Thanks for adding some clarification to my post.
    Your welcome

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 9:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Back off MMA

I still like how I said it better :-P

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Back off MMA

Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    I still like how I said it better :-P
    Lol it may just be OP's language!
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 9:46am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my humble opinion karate will help you in many ways, including providing some BASIC self defense skills. Don't get me wrong, any realist knows that a black belt in karate won't mean much against a real tough guy or someone used to hard contact and can fight well on and off his feet.
    I dunno. I used to train at a dojo with "actual" tough guys and we sparred with hard contact all the time. The competitions we entered were point sparring but that didn't mean I didn't get used to getting a beating a few times per week in training. So for what it's worth, I feel my black belt does mean something as I earned it with blood and pain and actual fighting. The couple of times I've goofed around with wrestlers I got thrashed. Doesn't mean my karate is useless, just means that my grappling is. C'est la vie. Only so many hours in the week.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 11:05am

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TL;DR Wall of Text #1
    Lurk more, post less. Post much less.

TL;DR Wall of Text #2
    See above.

Go ahead, tear it apart if you like, someone surely will.
    You should have posted in Newbietown first. Now you're just being a whining asshole.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/18/2013 11:09am at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 11:20am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jimmy,

You need to shut the **** up.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/18/2013 11:59am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

I am on this website to converse constructively ... not a fan of sparring keyboard warriors.
    You know, by definition, this is a contradiction and makes you a hypocrite?? People are willing to meet you and spar, therefore you saying no makes YOU, not them, the keyboard warrior.

Stop posting.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 1/18/2013 12:03pm at .