Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 4:57pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, looooooooooong after the show was over. Al Bundy 1987 does not equal Ed Oneil BJJ BB 2007.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:07pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    I didn't talk **** about a website. I talked **** about some senior members that are poor ambassadors of the website. I.e. yourself.
    From a junior member: you mean "e.g.", unless you are saying that IiF is equivalent to all of the only "senior members" that you are talking about. This is short for the Latin "exempli gratia," in this context equivalent to "for example." The abbreviation "i.e." is short for "id est," Latin for "that is," which is used when you are going to offer another description or term for the same thing or group of things or a restatement of the previous phrase. An easy mnemonic device for this is to think of "e.g." as "example given."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:16pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How in the hell is a guy regaling us with stories of his childhood sports accomplishments accusing anybody of Al Bundyism?
    I was answering a post who brought up football in Texas. I simply replied with my experience to reference I understood where he was coming from in that regard. "Us" does not include everyone on Bullshido. It's mainly pertaining to IIF and W.rabbit. Also, I'm not mad for being pointed in the direction of Kyokushin. I'm thankful. I even messaged IIF thanking him after I joined the dojo. Yes Muay Thai is older than kyokushin but finding a traditional Mauy Thai gym is hard. So what if I like the philosophical side of martial arts. It's my choice. Kyokushin is newer yes, I had no idea about it before here yes, but it's exactly what I was looking for. So, no matter if don't like me or whatever. I'm happy, so thanks for all the advice. Regardless of the kind of people some of you are, you know your ****. That's why I stuck around and will continue to do so.

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post

Its fun how to a japanophile, a style from the 1960's is more traditional that muay thai.
    Not to mention Oyama was around 2 years old when the first Gracie academy opened.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:35pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was answering a post who brought up football in Texas. I simply replied with my experience to reference I understood where he was coming from in that regard. "Us" does not include everyone on Bullshido. It's mainly pertaining to IIF and W.rabbit. Also, I'm not mad for being pointed in the direction of Kyokushin. I'm thankful. I even messaged IIF thanking him after I joined the dojo. Yes Muay Thai is older than kyokushin but finding a traditional Mauy Thai gym is hard. So what if I like the philosophical side of martial arts. It's my choice. Kyokushin is newer yes, I had no idea about it before here yes, but it's exactly what I was looking for. So, no matter if don't like me or whatever. I'm happy, so thanks for all the advice. Regardless of the kind of people some of you are, you know your ****. That's why I stuck around and will continue to do so.
    What's your understanding of a traditional Muay Thai gym? MT is a constantly evolving sport, like boxing. Maybe you're thinking of Muay Boran. That's like expecting to find a "traditional boxing gym" where you'd fight bareknuckle for 100 rounds with a waxed moustache.

Posted On:

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Not to mention Oyama was around 2 years old when the first Gracie academy opened.
    Yeah but grappling is ghey unless it has a japanese name. I predict a thread about kosen judo in his near future.

Administrator

Posted On:

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was answering a post who brought up football in Texas.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:59pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The OP has stop posting, what are you faggots still arguing about?

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 6:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickPuncher View Post
    ...100 rounds with a waxed moustache.
    Waxtache = Tyson-esque chin + level-10 force field, thou irony-misusing infidel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 6:09pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    The OP has stop posting, what are you faggots still arguing about?
    He's right. To all: I apologize for insulting the forum. It was not my intention to do so. I'm a noob to Internet forums and to fighting arts as well. I only continued to banter back and forth because I'm a prideful guy who doesn't know when to quit. In the future I'll give credit where due and try not to word post as to offend or disrespect the more knowledgable members. There, swollowed my pride and apologized for my words. I hope that apology is accepted. Thanks.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast