221938 Bullies, 4253 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 111 to 120 of 224
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Soldiermedic is offline
    Soldiermedic's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,168

    Posted On:
    1/03/2013 3:44pm


     Style: bjj/judo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He's pissed because a bunch of ass talkers pointed him towards Kyokushin karate, to satiate his erotic hunger for TMA.

    You know, not realizing that Kyokushin is actually a modern invention like TKD. Yep, Pedantic semantics.
    He just wanted a martial art that was developed for real life fighting, not some fighting done with a referee on mats....oh wait




    Its fun how to a japanophile, a style from the 1960's is more traditional that muay thai.
  2. Permalost is online now
    Permalost's Avatar

    pro nonsense self defense

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    12,530

    Posted On:
    1/03/2013 3:56pm

    supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How in the hell is a guy regaling us with stories of his childhood sports accomplishments accusing anybody of Al Bundyism?
  3. W. Rabbit is offline
    W. Rabbit's Avatar

    insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Work
    Posts
    7,920

    Posted On:
    1/03/2013 4:19pm

    supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bundy is only an insult when you're referring to the act of stealing library materials, as in:

    "Hey man...don't Bundy that book".

    Were truer words ever spoken to a friend?

    Don't forget Ed O'Neil is a BJJ black belt.

    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/03/2013 4:23pm at .
  4. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,773

    Posted On:
    1/03/2013 4:57pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, looooooooooong after the show was over. Al Bundy 1987 does not equal Ed Oneil BJJ BB 2007.
  5. ChuckWepner is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago / Michigan
    Posts
    397

    Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:07pm


     

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    I didn't talk **** about a website. I talked **** about some senior members that are poor ambassadors of the website. I.e. yourself.
    From a junior member: you mean "e.g.", unless you are saying that IiF is equivalent to all of the only "senior members" that you are talking about. This is short for the Latin "exempli gratia," in this context equivalent to "for example." The abbreviation "i.e." is short for "id est," Latin for "that is," which is used when you are going to offer another description or term for the same thing or group of things or a restatement of the previous phrase. An easy mnemonic device for this is to think of "e.g." as "example given."
  6. Budo_Brown is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon- United States
    Posts
    166

    Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:16pm


     Style: Kyokushin Karate

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How in the hell is a guy regaling us with stories of his childhood sports accomplishments accusing anybody of Al Bundyism?
    I was answering a post who brought up football in Texas. I simply replied with my experience to reference I understood where he was coming from in that regard. "Us" does not include everyone on Bullshido. It's mainly pertaining to IIF and W.rabbit. Also, I'm not mad for being pointed in the direction of Kyokushin. I'm thankful. I even messaged IIF thanking him after I joined the dojo. Yes Muay Thai is older than kyokushin but finding a traditional Mauy Thai gym is hard. So what if I like the philosophical side of martial arts. It's my choice. Kyokushin is newer yes, I had no idea about it before here yes, but it's exactly what I was looking for. So, no matter if don't like me or whatever. I'm happy, so thanks for all the advice. Regardless of the kind of people some of you are, you know your ****. That's why I stuck around and will continue to do so.
  7. ChenPengFi is offline
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,262

    Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:24pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    ...


    Its fun how to a japanophile, a style from the 1960's is more traditional that muay thai.
    Not to mention Oyama was around 2 years old when the first Gracie academy opened.
  8. KickPuncher is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    157

    Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:35pm


     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    I was answering a post who brought up football in Texas. I simply replied with my experience to reference I understood where he was coming from in that regard. "Us" does not include everyone on Bullshido. It's mainly pertaining to IIF and W.rabbit. Also, I'm not mad for being pointed in the direction of Kyokushin. I'm thankful. I even messaged IIF thanking him after I joined the dojo. Yes Muay Thai is older than kyokushin but finding a traditional Mauy Thai gym is hard. So what if I like the philosophical side of martial arts. It's my choice. Kyokushin is newer yes, I had no idea about it before here yes, but it's exactly what I was looking for. So, no matter if don't like me or whatever. I'm happy, so thanks for all the advice. Regardless of the kind of people some of you are, you know your ****. That's why I stuck around and will continue to do so.
    What's your understanding of a traditional Muay Thai gym? MT is a constantly evolving sport, like boxing. Maybe you're thinking of Muay Boran. That's like expecting to find a "traditional boxing gym" where you'd fight bareknuckle for 100 rounds with a waxed moustache.
  9. Soldiermedic is offline
    Soldiermedic's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,168

    Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:35pm


     Style: bjj/judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Not to mention Oyama was around 2 years old when the first Gracie academy opened.
    Yeah but grappling is ghey unless it has a japanese name. I predict a thread about kosen judo in his near future.
  10. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,773

    Posted On:
    1/03/2013 5:35pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo_Brown View Post
    I was answering a post who brought up football in Texas.
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.