Our Sponsors:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 6:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is my current (serious) website designed to help young doctors in Fiji Islands look after seriously ill patients: http://pacificdocs.com/

This is what I do 20/7 ... I am not a psycho trolling around the internet trying to take people down. (but probably would be on your side if I was still active in MA) or making myself out to be a 'badass' mofo !! ;-)

The only reason I found this thread is because your contributor 'adel' sent it to all the doctors who give up their time to come to Fiji to help teach emergency medicine --> In an attempt to stop them from doing just that ... seriously compromising our medical aid program.

I doubt anyone here would be happy about that ? I am in damage control mode and if readers could just try to re-cailbrate and realize that this scenario could happen to anyone on the internet (and does indeed, much worse than this) and let me get back to you with info & documentation as I can ... I still have the records of every single student I have trained (literally hundreds) including my own MA certificates & MA qualifications back in Melbourne, and would be more than willing to catch up with anyone who is truly interested (and there will not be many) in any aspect of my life narrative. Cheers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 6:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    If that website was a student prank, then I'm assuming it was also maintained by them. So how did you gain editorial control over that site?
    Hi Tranquil Suit ... I went back and e-mailed every medical student I could think of who I thought might have the original website password ... I found them ... Once i did I put a redirect code into it ... I could not edit the original file as it had been written with some specific software. But the person i contacted said heaps of students had the password !!! (But this was many years ago they would all be doctors now with presumably better things to do). So if anything now suddenly re-appears ?? I will e-mail the site administrator ... I have now modified it heavily, but still left it up temporarily to just 'face the music' and not run away from the scene of the crime ... once we have this thread sorted I will ask for it (my site) to be closed down. It serves no purpose whatsoever other than to paint me in as a wanker. Not a good look. Facebook will have to go next !!! lol
    Last edited by DocStrange; 3/28/2013 6:31pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 6:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait. Adel sent you and others this thread, but you aren't going to use it for damage control? Basically, you are saying you'll answer questions privately while complaining publicly. Do you realize how strange this sounds?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 7:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Wait. Adel sent you and others this thread, but you aren't going to use it for damage control? Basically, you are saying you'll answer questions privately while complaining publicly. Do you realize how strange this sounds?
    Hi "it is Fake" ... You make a lot of sense ... I have responded here because of your previous post. I am prepared to answer any questions. Here in this thread publicly if anyone is interested or think it is relevant (which I doubted) or privately ... Whatever. I have already tried to make a fist of it above ... I mean what more do you or anyone else wish to know ? I have explained how the site came to be, and made an attempt to edit away the wankerisms ... i have a medical program to run here in Fiji, and this takes up practically every waking moment of my time. I would love to get back involved in MA ... But just do not have the time.

The bottom line is that i was a very involved martial artist for many years, but am now a doctor (NOT I might add a neurosurgeon or a trauma surgeon or any other type of surgeon) just a plain doc. I still have not been able to explore the rest of your site here ... Cheers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 8:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing I am very interested in is head injuries in contact sports ... When I stopped fighting and into training and then medicine, I was the regular doctor at Bob Jones' Friday night Kickboxing events ... And officiated (ring-side doc) in a few sanctioned fights for Boxing Australia (I recall Guz Mercurio asking me to become involved). For this I was registered with the Victorian Government Dept. Sport & Recreation. Only this year (2013) has the Australian Football League begun to take concussion and head injury seriously. I am all for full-contact MA ... But so long as the participants realize the danger of accumulated brain contusions. Is there anyone out there who thinks the brain actually regenerates after it is damaged by a punch, strike or a kick ? You might notice that fighters who seem invincible when they are young and have chins of steel, become easier to knock out once they have their first/second KO themselves ... The sad fact is the brain does not heal and head guards likely make things worse !

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 8:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The head gear just makes the head a bigger target !! And large boxing gloves a heavier weapon ...
    Plus the leather on leather sticks (transmits more direct force) than a glancing blow from, and onto, bare skin ...
    Guess that is why the old bare-knuckle fights lasted from dawn to dusk ??
    I have been out of MA for a long time and have never sat down to watch and analyze modern cage & MMA fights ... But it looks bldy tough and fascinating.
    The reach nullifying grappling (throws, sweeps, joint locks & holds) are also great ... We used to try these things ourselves, but could never figure out reasonable rules like there is now.
    I hope I may be of some use to this site, if I can shake that friggn opening photo that will haunt me for life !! ;-)

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 8:52pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop obfuscating the issues at hand with barely relevant medico crap. We don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 9:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Stop obfuscating the issues at hand with barely relevant medico crap. We don't care.
    Yes i gathered that ... Which is why I originally suggested that I don't waste your time here and if anyone wished to genuinely know more - contact me directly. I don't expect anyone really does give a toss about me or anything I have to write.

I only responded due to the suggestion by one of the STAFF on this site: "It is Fake"

Over and Out, I need to go get a life !! ;-)

But will check back in occasionally and answer any direct messages about MA.

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 9:47pm

hall of famestaff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you like a member of this thread to restate the list of any unanswered questions? It might save us all time.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    3/29/2013 6:46pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    Would you like a member of this thread to restate the list of any unanswered questions? It might save us all time.
    I have only two questions. I posted them a long time ago but I think they were quashed during the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by DocStrange View Post
    Readers,
    This site you are lampooning was written & maintained by medical students 10-12 years ago
    Then you can easily explain why the website was generated using software released in 2011, and why your website didn't show up in public internet archives until later that year?

There is no evidence whatsoever your website existed prior to 2011.

Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <html lang="en"><head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <meta name="Generator" content="Serif WebPlus 11.0.10.036">
    <title>Dr Craig Adams</title>
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/29/2013 6:55pm at .
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011 LastLast