Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep damn right sir ...

Ok lemme get started ...

i will grab a cawfy and come back to tell my life narrative in the first person !!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:06pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DocStrange View Post
    I might suggest though that you restrict topics to martial arts and not "neurosurgery" or "trauma surgery" !!
    Around here, we pretty much drop topics once they're covered, so giving a current accurate record would go a long way. Along these lines, when you said:
    "I left Melbourne in 1984 for Tasmania where I taught boxing at the Police Academy for a short while before giving up and concentrating on my medical studies."

-What medical studies? Were you awarded with a degree or certification? What kind?

-Is there any documentation of teaching boxing at the police academy?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My father was a PT & un-armed combat instructor and spent time post WWII in Japan. He met Donn Draeger there and also Aussies Paul & Rondahe Anderson. And so grew from as early as i can remember learning various fighting arts - first boxing and wrestling ... Then Japanese Martial Arts. I began training at Paul Anderson's "Mighty Apollo Gym & Combat Centre" in the CBD of Melbourne, Australia at a time when arch rival Bob Jones was down the road in Elizabeth St. And Tino Ceberano (Goju Kai) was in the suburbs. I trained & fought for many years here and in various dojos and boxing gyms around town ... There was also a big Dojo in Pascoe Vale. There was absolutely no regulating body for many years and we often held 'contests' in the back streets of Melbourne to see which style was the 'best' - ridiculous stuff, but we were young and obsessed. Back then we wastefully argued about whether we should have weight systems (based on body mass) and which style was best. We had dozens of Paul Anderson's and my father's friends & colleagues from Japan visit and teach for short periods (there was seriously restricted visas back then) ... tbc
    Last edited by DocStrange; 3/28/2013 5:43pm at . Reason: grammar

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Re: my medical degree ? I am registered in Australia & Fiji ... It is on the public record. Just look up Dr. Craig G. Adams on the regulatory body's website.
    Gimme a few mins and i will find the links ...

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:35pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Douche
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Around here, we pretty much drop topics once they're covered, so giving a current accurate record would go a long way. Along these lines, when you said:
    "I left Melbourne in 1984 for Tasmania where I taught boxing at the Police Academy for a short while before giving up and concentrating on my medical studies."

-What medical studies? Were you awarded with a degree or certification? What kind?

-Is there any documentation of teaching boxing at the police academy?
    Gawd, I doubt there is any documentation of me ever attending Hobart gym or Harry Martin's Gym in Sandringham either, but i did ... The Black Rock dojo referred to ran for 12 years from 1980 to 1990'ish ... It was an amateur club (not for profit) ran out of the Black Rock Civic Centre ... I trained hundreds of local kids and adults there ... One of my top students Peter Neubecker (heavyweight kickboxer) actually did fight a sanctioned fight (draw) against a guy who eventually went on (a few years later) to become a world champion: Stan "The Man" Longinidis - clearly this can verified. I was in the corner as Neubecker's trainer !! Come to think of it I trained another lightweight kickboxer Suat Guns who won quite a few sanctioned fights in Melbourne. If any of the Lanciano Bros' (famous family of kickboxers in Melbourne) are on this site, they will easily be able to verify my involvement.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Re: my medical degree ? I am registered in Australia & Fiji ... It is on the public record. Just look up Dr. Craig G. Adams on the regulatory body's website.
    Gimme a few mins and i will find the links ...
    Did you write this?
    http://29984.com/html/12_Swf_Diploma...bus_32406.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the boys at Jols Martial Arts supplies are still around ?
    They used to be in Chinatown Melbourne CBD.
    I was one of their registered wholesale Dojos from maybe 1978 (when they first opened) until late 1980's .. and one of their best customers ...
    I don't recall any authoritative government regulatory body, if there was, it was not compulsory at the time I was active ...
    Whatever, I am no longer involved in Martial Arts, never was in it to make a profit, only to have fun, and appear now to be the victim of student pranks & a website previously full of shite - currently being hunted by a malicious female 'adel' !! ;-)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Yes, this was never used though ... It was an adapted compilation from Dept. Surgery staff at the Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH) and edited by me to try and fill a gap in education for Fiji surgical trainees ...

On hiatus

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 6:02pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever, I am no longer involved in Martial Arts, never was in it to make a profit, only to have fun, and appear now to be the victim of student pranks & a website previously full of shite - currently being hunted by a malicious female 'adel' !! ;-)
    If that website was a student prank, then I'm assuming it was also maintained by them. So how did you gain editorial control over that site?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast