pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:35pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DocStrange View Post
    I would have pulled the site completely, but have left it up just to defend myself against certain truly psychotic individuals one of whom seems to have joined here.
    Um, it sounds like we're all in agreement that it was a crappy website, yeah?

Anyone who is really interested in my background in boxing and martial arts in Melbourne, Australia (at a truly pivotal time) can contact me directly. 'Sam' did not take me up on the same genuine offer.
    Why not take the time to just answer Sam's questions here? Wouldn't that be simpler than having everyone contact you directly? His main question was what your history was with Black Rock Budokan, and MMA. Simple.

Enjoy your martial arts people, and continue to 'out' BS martial artists, but this thread is going nowhere. Except perhaps as a basis for a law suit. (especially the nutter who keeps on about me claiming to be a neurosurgeon). Cheers.
    Why would you start a lawsuit about people making fun of a site you said was tongue in cheek and incorrect and poorly made? Are you gonna sue yourself too?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlambie View Post
    Any Australian (Victorian) martial artists that can verify Dr Craig Adams is not completely psychotic?

He has come to my attention via my professional network (my company writes software and we have emergency physicians as customers) and knowing I train BJJ my customers thought I'd find it hilarious. I certainly did.

The rumour is that he was kicked out of the Australian medical fraternity and is now working overseas in Fiji, but that's purely a rumour (though he definitely is based in Fiji now).

His website reeks of delusion, and I was hoping someone might be able to weigh in on this, either validating his claims or with stories of their own.

Some direct quotes:

"Japanese Martial Arts: Karate, Jiu-jitsu & Kendo - ranked sandan (3rd dan) black belt in shotokan karate-do & shito-ryu karate-jitsu, nidan in Jiu-jitsu & shodan in Kendo. Active in MMA from age 7; was Sensei (chief instructor) of Black Rock Budokan for 10 years.

Boxing, Kick Boxing/Muay Thai, MMA: held junior boxing titles in four weight divisions (including Golden Gloves) and an undefeated record in over 100 junior & senior boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, full-contact karate and MMA fights. Only knocked off his feet once in a 20 year career, by Tae Kwon Do triple heavyweight champion Trevor Morrison (spinning heel kick to the thigh, dropped him to his knees) but salvaged the fight with a lucky stranglehold “when Trevor came in too close to finish me off” ... “but I walked with an embarrassing tell-tale limp for the next 6 weeks!”

Was a regular invited referee and judge (by Grandmaster William Chung) for the Australasian Kung Fu Championships."
    I have responded to the body of this post already, but just to clarify: The ludicrous picture has been clearly photo-shopped (my beard is grey) and the passing resemblance to 'Ming the Invincible' obviously did not go unnoticed by the person who did the PS touch-up ! This pic was always meant as a student prank and not to offend your Martial Arts sensibilities ! But the 'joke' has gone far enough guys. You must have better topics and threads than this ... Plus the recent contributor "adel" really is a nutter with a personal axe to grind. Having to deal with her (I am sure you will agree) is punishment enough for sounding & looking like a wanker !! Unfortunately this "adel' has now sent your site (with your comments) to every one of my medical colleagues, directly threatening my livelihood - which will soon make this thread a legal minefield. Maybe time get back to real martial arts ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi there, I have no problem with poking fun at someone ... And despite my protestations that I did not write it ... I do have control now. But unfortunately one of your contributors 'adel' has defamed me to my professional colleagues. and used this site as 'evidence' !!
    Surely this is not the purpose of this site ?
    I have only found your site today ... After my US colleagues sent me the link.

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe time get back to real martial arts ?
    You're the one making this all about your beard. Feel free to talk about martial arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Um, it sounds like we're all in agreement that it was a crappy website, yeah?

Why not take the time to just answer Sam's questions here? Wouldn't that be simpler than having everyone contact you directly? His main question was what your history was with Black Rock Budokan, and MMA. Simple.

Why would you start a lawsuit about people making fun of a site you said was tongue in cheek and incorrect and poorly made? Are you gonna sue yourself too?
    Actually, yes I should sue myself for being so stupid to not google myself and find the site earlier !! ;-)

I used to be obsessed with Martial Arts when i was a child ... loved every aspect of it ... grew up with it until adulthood. This is not a good way to get back involved !!

I might suggest though that you restrict topics to martial arts and not "neurosurgery" or "trauma surgery" !!

No problem describing my history in Melbourne with Martial Arts, if people seriously are interested ? And you guys can forget the PS image at start of the thread ?? lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok my man ... But let me recover my own sensibilities here ... Shave off the friggn beard, Then will be happy to contribute something back to the history of Martial Arts in Melbourne, Australia.
    Cheers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 4:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bif "adel" ... Nooooo way ... "adel" is clearly a woman ... ;-)

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Readers,
    This site you are lampooning was written & maintained by medical students 10-12 years ago based on audio-taped 'tongue-in-cheek' interviews and clearly photo-shopped images like the ludicrous one here ... This was meant as a joke. Not someone trying to be seriously "baddass" ;-)
    The person being taken out (me) only realized it was still online when one of your readers "Sam" drew my attention to it few months ago.
    I have since taken over the site, removed the 'third person' dialogue and removed the offending pics ...
    I am not psychotic, but clearly guilty of being a wanker - especially if I had written or even approved it !!
    I would have pulled the site completely, but have left it up just to defend myself against certain truly psychotic individuals one of whom seems to have joined here.
    The young (at the time) impressionable medical student who authored the blurb you see here, was a keen martial artist himself, and clearly though he was doing me a favour !! ;-) Feel free to re-visit the page again and see some of my 'conquests' ...
    As one of your readers put it ... The site, and this thread is not worthy of your forum.
    Anyone who is really interested in my background in boxing and martial arts in Melbourne, Australia (at a truly pivotal time) can contact me directly. 'Sam' did not take me up on the same genuine offer. I doubt anyone else will either.
    Enjoy your martial arts people, and continue to 'out' BS martial artists, but this thread is going nowhere. Except perhaps as a basis for a law suit. (especially the nutter who keeps on about me claiming to be a neurosurgeon). Cheers.
    Just once, can we have a new response?

SO let's see if we have covered all the bases:
    Other people wrote the original website as a joke.
    Poster never met me.
    Everyone here won't meet me.
    Ding the thread for being on bullshido.
    Resurrecting a thread going nowhere so it goes somewhere.
    Call me for my credentials.

Why not just say, "Hey, I saw you guys making fun of my website. It was kind of ridiculous, so I cleaned it up. Here are my creds and have a nice day."

Oh wait, that is what a rational person would do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep damn right sir ...

Ok lemme get started ...

i will grab a cawfy and come back to tell my life narrative in the first person !!

Posted On:
    3/28/2013 5:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might suggest though that you restrict topics to martial arts and not "neurosurgery" or "trauma surgery" !!
    Around here, we pretty much drop topics once they're covered, so giving a current accurate record would go a long way. Along these lines, when you said:
    "I left Melbourne in 1984 for Tasmania where I taught boxing at the Police Academy for a short while before giving up and concentrating on my medical studies."

-What medical studies? Were you awarded with a degree or certification? What kind?

-Is there any documentation of teaching boxing at the police academy?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 9101112 LastLast