Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MS Paint to the rescue!

Posted On:
    1/21/2013 2:23am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, so I started looking into this guy and some posts were lost in the server change, but nothing that I lament losing, basically me going "dude doesn't... oh wait... he might... Holy ****!"

There's been some background stuff (regarding his "instructors" that I'll show later), but here is my email to him:

Hi Dr Craig,

I am a member of Bullshido.net, an online community of martial artists that acts as a consumer advocacy group for the notoriously unregulated martial arts industry. Recently your website was brought to the community's attention and raised some questions.

I'm just perusing your website and noticed that you trained MMA at Black Rock Budokan. I can't seem to find anything about Black Rock Budokan anywhere. Can you link me to the website or appropriate information of this school?

I also googled your MMA instructors in relation to Black Rock Budokan and nothing has come up in the search, other than a link back to your website. This is confusing. Some of the names don't even come up in a search with their name and "MMA", which is VERY confusing, considering they coached you in MMA. Are you sure that they were qualified to teach you MMA?

You also mention you have been "involved in MMA since age 7"? That's a very young age to be involved in a sport that has just passed it's 20th birthday, which judging by certain other indicators on your website in relation to your age, would have somehow meant you were involved in MMA before MMA was MMA.

I understand that you might consider that mixing karate styles is the same as "Mixed Martial Arts", if this is the mistake you have made, I'm sure you promptly clarifying this on your website should remedy the situation. Mixed Martial Arts is the common term for the sport mixing disciplines of striking, wrestling and submission fighting and although it is not incorrect to say you have "Mixed" martial arts when mixing different styles of karate, it is disingenuous.

On the other hand, I have made contact with some of your "instructors". One legitimate MMArtist with a verifiable record that you claim instructed you at the Black Rock Budokan school has denied ever knowing you, coaching you and has told me he is very upset that you have used his name. I'll let you figure out who that is, the clue is that it is one of only two people you list as an instructor that actually fights or has connection to MMA.

If I have the wrong information regarding your instructors and maybe have contacted the wrong people, that is easily remedied. All you need to do is provide me with the details of Black Rock Budokan school, or the contact info of your instructors. I have a feeling, though, that the information will begin disappearing from your website, which won't matter because I have screenshots of the entire thing.

I understand that the website, from the nature of it, is probably an alternative to a dating profile. You have some very impressive qualifications and they alone should be able to snag a girlfriend. I am just wondering if this is just a case of padding your resume off the back of the popularity of MMA. If so, no problems, just remove the references to training with people you haven't trained with, schools you haven't trained at and styles you haven't trained in. The women will be impressed by your doctorate, your long list of favourite musicians, chefs, movies and abundant hobbies anyway!

I trust I have not come across as someone trying to "laud my mediocre intelligence over you", I sincerely look forward to your response.

Regards,

Sam Fields
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/21/2013 3:22am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rading a website that someone has written about themselves in third person is... weird. this guy is weird. not in a cool way either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2013 4:05am

Style: lazy

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bloody phone! that was sposed to be a thumbs up battlefields

Posted On:
    1/21/2013 6:09am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For some reason he has sent more emails trying to further clarify by obfuscation:

Hi there Sam,

Phew I just typed up a lengthy response on my phone then lost it all with a flat battery !! ;-)

Am still at work here ... But will respond more fully later in the week.

I think your scepticism may relate to the time scale we are talking here ... It has been more than 28 years since I last operated out of the Black Rock Civic Centre circa '84-'85.

btw I was the senior instructor at this school. We operated there 3- 4 nights a week and just hired the hall. (it was used for Ballet on the other nights !! lol)

We also held instructors only ("mixed martial arts") classes at Monash University (Martial Arts gym, Clayton) on Saturday mornings. One memorable morning we had the TV celebrity "martial artiste" Yoland Lim from the Mike Walsh Show visit us and spar with me ... The picture of Trevor Morrisson & Danny Tighe was taken during one of these sessions.

I left Melbourne in 1984 for Tasmania where I taught boxing at the Police Academy for a short while before giving up and concentrating on my medical studies.

I have jotted down (dictated to medical students actually) my recollections of this interesting time of my life with reasonable accuracy ... But was dictated 'tongue-in-cheek' to young, impressionable med students, and was not meant to be a complete, research publication or history of MA in Melbourne ! ;-)

However, Martial Arts was a big part of my life for many years ... And I miss it greatly. But also do not wish to offend anyone still in the industry with imprecise or outdated terms.

If you are genuinely interested in the early history of Martial Arts in Melbourne, then I would love to catch up and have a chat sometime over Skype and remember some of the early names like "The Mighty Apollo" Paul (Alec) Anderson senior (who my father grew up with and knew very well indeed, so did I) his wife Rhonda (an incredible weapons expert, who allegedly ran off with his senior intructor Alex Dudko) and of course his Dojo's nemesis Bob Jones (who I did not know very well other than to nod to while I worked as a ring-side doctor at his Friday night kick-boxing and Muay Thai events).

While I am typing this response, names are starting to come flooding back to me that I had forgotten for all these years ... the incredible Lanciano Bros' (Percy, Frank, Ralph & Angelo) for example ! ;-)

Will be back in touch soon ... Oh, and I apologize if I have misused the modern (correct) use of the term MMA ;-)

I hope my earlier phone response will still be there when my phone is charged up again ... But we will chat again for sure.

Cheers,

Craig

Posted On:
    1/21/2013 6:14am

forum leader

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Goddammit, there was another post before that one. This fucking forum server move is fucking up all my ****. I'm waiting until tomorrow.

Believe me when I tell you, this guy has ALL the excuses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2013 9:28pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Goddammit, there was another post before that one. This fucking forum server move is fucking up all my ****. I'm waiting until tomorrow.

Believe me when I tell you, this guy has ALL the excuses.
    It's good to note that the stuff on his 'site' he leads in as being collated from other sources (I assume he must have spoken to and to which he relates as being 'tongue in cheek'), so could have been documented by a student to then run in a Uni paper or faculty newsletter or something: "The following info & biography has been mostly copied and pasted from medical student interviews and magazine articles over the past 12 years ...", which explains the 3rd person.

Posted On:
    1/21/2013 10:09pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** this, there's now several posts missing and I can't access the thread on my computer because a fucking redirect is causing the program to crash. I'm done until this server **** is sorted.

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 4:10am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait, he's not teaching super deadly Hakma-Sai techniques to the Fijians is he?' As a self proclaimed stalwart of Australian(Victorian) Martial Arts, would that count as treason?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2013 7:15am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    C'mon guys don't make him change up his web page, your cock blocking the poor man, he'll be forced to use a mirror like ordinary mortals.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast