222041 Bullies, 4322 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 91
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,949

    Posted On:
    1/11/2013 1:35pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree that you did in that post, but you originally didn't. Do you get into a lot of arguments with your girlfriends because I'm starting to see a communication problem here.
  2. kick-butt is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4

    Posted On:
    1/18/2013 12:35am

    Bullshido Newbie
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kwan-Gae is my fav.

    Without great experience outside of ITF TKD, I cannot comment on other styles. I wish others would do the same and show respect for all martial artists and their styles. We are brothers and sisters of fighting arts here and should show respect for the arts alike and unlike our own.
  3. Gluckmann is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh, UK
    Posts
    143

    Posted On:
    1/23/2013 9:02am


     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kick-butt View Post
    Kwan-Gae is my fav.

    Without great experience outside of ITF TKD, I cannot comment on other styles. I wish others would do the same and show respect for all martial artists and their styles. We are brothers and sisters of fighting arts here and should show respect for the arts alike and unlike our own.
    I'd say some styles and some "artists" just aren't worthy of that respect, though.

    To keep on topic: I think Yul-gok is my favourite. Gotta love those horizontal elbow strikes.
  4. Miguksaram is offline
    Miguksaram's Avatar

    Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,523

    Posted On:
    1/23/2013 2:31pm

    supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD Panda, not saying you are supporting the regime with your practice, but I want to ask this, if Adolf Hitler personally requested a form to be developed called Mein Kopff to help recognize the his parties political ideas and it became part of a legitimate martial art curriculum, would you practice that form, knowing what it means and knowing the negatvie impact it has on others?

    Actually any TK-D person can answer if they would like.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  5. Miguksaram is offline
    Miguksaram's Avatar

    Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,523

    Posted On:
    1/23/2013 2:41pm

    supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weird...I just posted a reply and it did not go through, so if this gets posted twice sorry.

    TKD Panda...have you ever met someone who is Jewish? If so let's put this in a different perspective. What if Hiltler asked Choi to to include a form that would represnet his parties ideology and call the form Mein Kopff. Would you still practice that form even though you have no ill will towards Jewish people nor do you feel the name of the form has anything to do with your training?

    That question can be for any of the TK-D people btw.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...


    SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
  6. Yimchaloi is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    64

    Posted On:
    2/05/2013 2:37am


     Style: Taekwondo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is news to me. Perhaps I am admitting my ignorance here, but I didn't even know that this form existed. I guess I'm still trying to figure out how to process what I've learned from this.
  7. Earl Weiss is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    179

    Posted On:
    2/07/2013 11:59am


     Style: TKD & JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    TKD Panda...have you ever met someone who is Jewish? If so let's put this in a different perspective. What if Hiltler asked Choi to to include a form that would represnet his parties ideology and call the form Mein Kopff. Would you still practice that form even though you have no ill will towards Jewish people nor do you feel the name of the form has anything to do with your training?

    That question can be for any of the TK-D people btw.
    I will provide an answer. First and foremost make no mistake . I feel the NK regime is tyrannical and oppressive. However I don't know that the analogy applies between. Mein Kompf and Ju Che. (I'm a guy who won't by a VW because it was named by Hitler). Not saying it doesn't. I don't know and the reason is thus. I have not interviewed scores of South Koreans on this issue. I have spoked to SK people who are in the USA about it. They had some interesting perspectives.
    I have not spoken to any NK people about it.
    Mr. Talbot having been to SK and with closer ties to some from that country may have a better handle on that.

    I think the lessons of Ju Che apply on a couple of levels.
    1. At the most basic level it stands for man controlling his own destiny. At that level the philosophy is not bad.
    2.However, like certain basic Philosophies that are not bad in themselves like the economic ideas of communism and socialism, they can be corrupted by political tyrants for politiocal reasons.
    In the case of ju che this is an important lesson to understand, in fact the oppressive use of the philosphy and the regime that made it the hallmark of the regime resulted in the originator of the philosophy defecting to SK.

    So perhaps therien lies the lesson. The name of the pattern means that man should be the master of his destiny and the person who came up with the idea controlled his destiny by getting the heck out.
  8. Earl Weiss is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    179

    Posted On:
    2/07/2013 12:00pm


     Style: TKD & JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    TKD Panda...have you ever met someone who is Jewish? If so let's put this in a different perspective. What if Hiltler asked Choi to to include a form that would represnet his parties ideology and call the form Mein Kopff. Would you still practice that form even though you have no ill will towards Jewish people nor do you feel the name of the form has anything to do with your training?

    That question can be for any of the TK-D people btw.
    I will provide an answer. First and foremost make no mistake . I feel the NK regime is tyrannical and oppressive. However I don't know that the analogy applies between. Mein Kompf and Ju Che. (I'm a guy who won't by a VW because it was named by Hitler). Not saying it doesn't. I don't know and the reason is thus. I have not interviewed scores of South Koreans on this issue. I have spoked to SK people who are in the USA about it. They had some interesting perspectives.
    I have not spoken to any NK people about it.
    Mr. Talbot having been to SK and with closer ties to some from that country may have a better handle on that.

    I think the lessons of Ju Che apply on a couple of levels.
    1. At the most basic level it stands for man controlling his own destiny. At that level the philosophy is not bad.
    2.However, like certain basic Philosophies that are not bad in themselves like the economic ideas of communism and socialism, they can be corrupted by political tyrants for politiocal reasons.
    In the case of ju che this is an important lesson to understand, in fact the oppressive use of the philosphy and the regime that made it the hallmark of the regime resulted in the originator of the philosophy defecting to SK.

    So perhaps therien lies the lesson. The name of the pattern means that man should be the master of his destiny and the person who came up with the idea controlled his destiny by getting the heck out.
  9. Earl Weiss is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    179

    Posted On:
    2/07/2013 12:01pm


     Style: TKD & JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Lessons of ju Che

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguksaram View Post
    TKD Panda...have you ever met someone who is Jewish? If so let's put this in a different perspective. What if Hiltler asked Choi to to include a form that would represnet his parties ideology and call the form Mein Kopff. Would you still practice that form even though you have no ill will towards Jewish people nor do you feel the name of the form has anything to do with your training?

    That question can be for any of the TK-D people btw.
    I will provide an answer. First and foremost make no mistake . I feel the NK regime is tyrannical and oppressive. However I don't know that the analogy applies between. Mein Kompf and Ju Che. (I'm a guy who won't by a VW because it was named by Hitler). Not saying it doesn't. I don't know and the reason is thus. I have not interviewed scores of South Koreans on this issue. I have spoked to SK people who are in the USA about it. They had some interesting perspectives.
    I have not spoken to any NK people about it.
    Mr. Talbot having been to SK and with closer ties to some from that country may have a better handle on that.

    I think the lessons of Ju Che apply on a couple of levels.
    1. At the most basic level it stands for man controlling his own destiny. At that level the philosophy is not bad.
    2.However, like certain basic Philosophies that are not bad in themselves like the economic ideas of communism and socialism, they can be corrupted by political tyrants for politiocal reasons.
    In the case of ju che this is an important lesson to understand, in fact the oppressive use of the philosphy and the regime that made it the hallmark of the regime resulted in the originator of the philosophy defecting to SK.

    So perhaps therien lies the lesson. The name of the pattern means that man should be the master of his destiny and the person who came up with the idea controlled his destiny by getting the heck out.
  10. Earl Weiss is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    179

    Posted On:
    2/07/2013 12:12pm


     Style: TKD & JJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    Juche is the political philosophy created by Kim Ilsung and used to "govern" North Korea, so yes, they are dying in the name of your pattern.

    So, yeah, you can justify it since you're a fucking roundeye limey living in the Western hemisphere, but just ask any North Korean refugee what they think about you performing Juche tul. I can tell you what will happen, because I have seen it happen. It's not going to be pretty.



    They're too busy getting hit by lightning to develop any sort of coherent football strategy.

    You are wrong. kim Il Sung did not create the Juche philosophy.
    See: http://en.nknet.org/about/hwang-jang-yop/
    The rest of your post #64 is equaly as flawed.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.