supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Warrior Training

Extension Fighting

Budokan Kung-Fu
    HAHAHAHA! Gotta love Holy Moment. Virtually no one is going to get that. I'm surprised you forgot Trap Fighting :P

BTW My very, very first MA lesson ever was taught by David Hood.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 9:19am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Could we move on to super-brilliant names for events?

One dumbtastic fave of mine:

"Reality Superfight".
    Martial Arts Reality Superfighting. It was to spell MARS, like the god of war.

The Ulitimate Ultimate is pretty fucking stupid
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 10:16am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Author of Philosophy of Fighting: Morals and Motivations of the Modern Warrior Style: submission wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ten pages of replies and no Joe Son Do?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 10:58am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithAtTakadaDojo View Post
    Ten pages of replies and no Joe Son Do?
    Actually we did say any style where they named it after themselves. So.

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 12:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keichu-do deserves mention, if only for their "about" page:

What Is Keichu-Do?

Excerpted from an article by founder Karl William Marx, Sr.

Keichu-Do is a Cajun street fighting art which comes from the Bayou and swamp land of Louisiana. It is a form of self-defense that is rather unique in that, unlike oriental martial arts, Keichu focuses on the realistic approach. Keichu is not just another style developed by someone with limited experience. Keichu is an empirical scientifically developed street fighting system designed to allow a person of small stature to defeat a larger opponent. While Keichu is not a sport, it is used by many students just for that purpose in many instances. Keichu students, from white belt to master level, have won State, Regional, and National Championships.

The keichu founder began the system at the age of nine, in 1945 in a three against one neighborhood gang fight. He was victorious even with a stab wound in his back! Karl Marx had won the battle in Orange Texas.

Keichu is unique. Closely related to American boxing, and French Savate, Keichu mixes in a little Judo, a cup of Jiu-Jitsu, a pinch of Kung-Fu, a tablespoon of Karate and Gallon of street wise Cajun fist-fighting.

Certain human targets are the speciality of the Cajun fist fighter. A Keichu practitioner strikes in places many fighters don't even know are vulnerable. For example, in many cases, we might strike and break our foe's hand or the other fellows collar bone. We love punching people on their elbows. The Keichu system of self-defense is designed to break a an opponents bone with every strike. We usually use a combination of at least three punches in succession. Sometimes breaking three bones simultaneously. This may sound rather cruel, but we believe in stopping a dangerous situation before it becomes deadly.

Our primary objective is self-defense and Keichu-do may not be as attractive as more traditional arts. If you want beauty or flash, Keichu-do is not for you. If you want practical, no nonsense, knock-um out techniques, that's Keichu-do. We are plain and simple, no frills, tried and proven, been used in a real fight stuff. We are Cajuns from Louisiana and we fight different than most folks, using every conceivable attack in existence.

Our uniquely American Louisiana style of self-defense is made up of Keichu-Ryu, the Cajun Karate style, Keichu-Hoshin-Jitsu, the Ju-Jitsu/Judo Grappling aspect, and Keichu-Fudoshin-Ryu, the Weapons division.

All in all though, Keichu is another kind of fighting. We don't claim to be better than any other style just different in many ways.

Keichu Should Effect The Individual
    As the founder of Keichu, my intention is to develop a special kind of attitude in the individuals that studies Keichu. "Self-Defense is not a part time, when you have time, kind of past time." "Defending one's self is a habit."

Many other sports, such as Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Football, might be exciting to the practitioner. With people screaming, hollering, clapping and encouraging side line antics it's easy to see why. Children are pulled to those sports. But, we can develop our athletic ability, without developing our character. If one becomes a Super Star making millions of dollars a year,and ends up dead from substance abuse, or in prison for sexually assaulting someone?What good is this?

The other problem is the child who lives a life of intimidation and fear becasue of bullies. This experience follows a person into adulthood.

So how do you defend against those kinds of attacks to the body and to the spirit? HA! You learn Keichu-Do.

Personal note from Mr. Marx: I give you my personal invitation to learn this easy method of self-defense. Contact me to get started. Ask me your questions, tell me your fears, and I will tell you how to stop being a victim and how to start living with confidence!

Definition of "Keichu-Do":
    Total devotion to the way.
    http://www.keichu-dokarate.com/about-keichu-do.htm

Yes, you too can train in the street fighting art founded in the swamps and bayous!!

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 4:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ Korean swamp-fu: Bayudo.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    HAHAHAHA! Gotta love Holy Moment. Virtually no one is going to get that. I'm surprised you forgot Trap Fighting :P

BTW My very, very first MA lesson ever was taught by David Hood.
    I like Trap Fighting. It reminds me of the Trapster.

I've had a bit of hard time figuring out what it is, precisely. At first glance, it would appear to be Wing Chun/JKD related. But according to "Martial Arts for Dummies" it's an American version of shootfighting. Anybody know who Varelans trained with back in the day? I know he later worked with Frank Shamrock and Brian Johnston.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 9:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Could we move on to super-brilliant names for events?

One dumbtastic fave of mine:

"Reality Superfight".
    In regards to dumb style names, "reality combat" was one of the terms used to describe the sport before MMA became the accepted name. People have knocked the name "mixed martial arts" a lot, but just imagine if we were still calling the sport reality combat, no-holds-barred, or cage fighting.

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 9:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    In regards to dumb style names, "reality combat" was one of the terms used to describe the sport before MMA became the accepted name. People have knocked the name "mixed martial arts" a lot, but just imagine if we were still calling the sport reality combat, no-holds-barred, or cage fighting.
    "MMA" sounds like a food additive.

"Freefighting" would have been a better name for the sport.

Horse already left barn and all that.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 10:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Actually we did say any style where they named it after themselves. So.
    You've taken to using the Royal "we" now?
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast