Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 4:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rowdy Ronda Channels Chael

As if Chael Sonnen needed a motherfucking copycat.

I hate motherfucking fighter drama, that's why I don't watch the WWE or countdown to UFC XIV or any other kind of bullshit that set up to make fights more interesting or whatever. Fights are interesting because of the **** that happens inside the cage, not the incessantly stupid yammering and **** that invariably occurs before the fight. Then again, my last girlfriend told me I don't know what the **** foreplay is, so whatever.

Anyway, it's Ronda again, and she's talking more ****.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/1/26/27...ma-strikeforce

Said GSP is a boring ************ and he needs to get his ass beat and so on. The usual ****. No problems there, girl runs mouth, motherfuckers hope Liz Carmouche wrecks her **** at UFC 157. Who the **** is Liz Carmouche?

Anyway, it turns to fucking stupid when she goes after GSP again, because GSP expressed an opinion this time. And **** opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by GSP
    For the woman who fights, I say it's good for her, and for the girls that fight, but me personally I have a hard time watching the girls fight. It's the way I grew up maybe, the mentality is different, I'm old school. I have a hard time watching girls fighting; it's hard for me." And later, "I never really watched a woman fight, but I know they are pretty good. It's good for the women who want to make a career. But for me, it's hard to watch the girls fighting.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rousey
    Initially the way that he said it, it reminds me a lot like when you listen to boxing fans that are like 'oh the MMA fighters, they're good athletes, and they're talented and good for them, but I can't stand to see guys humping on the ground like that, it's not a real man's sport, good for them that they make money' that kind of prejudiced against it.
    (GSP) seems to have very much that same kind of prejudice towards women in MMA, and he said it as tactfully as possible, that doesn't make it a tactful thing to say."[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]

tAnd Mischa Tate weighed in to give support :
    Quote Originally Posted by Tate
    I think the problem with GSP's view about WMMA is that he doesn't have one. If he hasn't ever watched us women fight then he can't say how he really feels about it because he's ignorant.

Being old fashioned is fine, but us "modern day" girls aren't asking for your protection, we are asking for your acceptance and we are fighting for equality.
    Right, so this thing gets reduced to the "women are fighting for equality and **** against bigoted motherfuckers like GSP, who is too stuck in his old ways to appreciate the modern woman and ****".

And I am forced to ask myself one things: Guys, what the ****, man, what the ****?

Is this "must fight for equality" thing going to **** with MMA and interefere with my enjoyment of watching motherfuckers beat the **** out of each other? Because while I hate the between fight noise, I just can't help talking about that **** when it comes up. ****.

[/FONT]
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-on-womens-mma
    Last edited by The Question; 12/27/2012 4:29pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 4:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couldn't agree with you more!!

**** Ronda.
    **** Chael.
    **** Miesha.
    **** drama.
    **** copycats.
    **** opinions.
    **** UFC.

And **** me.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 5:11pm

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't blame them for doing things the way Dana and most UFC(not mma) fans want them to. This is their meal ticket.

Personally if I want to not be bothered by something, I don't read about it(like Gong Sau threads)

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    to me womens mma is much like womens tennis, its not that i dont think they should be doing it, i just dont give much of a **** because its never as good. im sure there are people who are way into womens tennis (for reasons other than the obvious) and the same with womens mma, but the problem comes when people try and make an argument about someones OPINION. GSP doesnt like watching women fight. it isnt a discussion or a debate, its a simple fact. he isnt saying that women shouldnt fight. now whether its neccessary for him to air his opinion when he is a front man of the sport is a different thing entirely. he could have simply said "good for them i hope they do well" and kept his private opinion to his private self. as an ambassador of the sport, this may have been a better option.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 6:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree that she either overreacted or is trying to use this to get female mma some more press, and that that is something mixed martial arts does not need. I don't however think she is quite far enough off her rocker to be accused of channeling chael, an influential guy saying that he has never seen you fight and that he is not interested in it would probably piss most of us off too if we were in her shoes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 7:27pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GSP is kinda sexist... it had to be something.

Ronda wants publicity. Big Surprise.

Q-dot? Funny as Hell. Status quo.

Case in point (emphasis mine):

Quote Originally Posted by Q-dot
    I hate motherfucking fighter drama, that's why I don't watch the WWE or countdown to UFC XIV or any other kind of bullshit that set up to make fights more interesting or whatever. Fights are interesting because of the **** that happens inside the cage, not the incessantly stupid yammering and **** that invariably occurs before the fight. Then again, my last girlfriend told me I don't know what the **** foreplay is, so whatever.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 7:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    GSP is kinda sexist... it had to be something.
    Would you really call a ************ sexist from that ****?

If a ************ said something like "I could never get into combat sports. That **** is cool if they enjoy fucking each other up and causing brain damage and getting retarded and whatever, but **** me in eyeballs, I don't wanna see that ****. If you like that ****, then by all means, get your concussion on, but I won't watch that ****". Would that be offensive as well? Or is it because he has different standards for men and women?

He does. But that ****'s not surprising. Everyone has different standards for men and women. I don't be hanging around outside the club at 4 in the goddamn morning like a tribal Dexter in camouflage with poison darts and chloroform and **** because I'm looking for dudes. Nah, at that point it's all about the bitches.

He sees women differently because society does. Men don't wear makeup and so on, that is reserved for chicks, and David Beckham.

Is my saying "real dudes shouldn't wear high heels" sexist? What the ****, man?
    Last edited by The Question; 12/27/2012 7:54pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 8:17pm

Style: Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rowdy Ronda Channels Chael

OP if you'd bother to read more carefully that article is rehashing an interview she had in Nov 2011.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 8:20pm

Style: BJJ Beginner

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Is my saying "real dudes shouldn't wear high heels" sexist? What the ****, man?
    Yes, and it is not the same as what GSP said.

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 10:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    OP if you'd bother to read more carefully that article is rehashing an interview she had in Nov 2011.
    Hahaha...
    Yep, in fact:

Known for intimidating and ruffling her opponent's feathers long before fight night, Ronda Rousey says it might just be a waste of breath trying to attempt those tactics against the ex-marine, Liz Carmouche, ahead of their UFC 157 bantamweight title fight.
    "I like Liz," she said. "She's a Marine, I'm not going to be able to intimidate this girl. The prefight intimidation stuff won't work, I won't have that advantage I usually have over my competition.
    http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/21/3...he-ufc-157-mma
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast