Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/29/2012 9:52pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by christmas beetings View Post
    what... the ****? you seriously think she is so good that cant be her first fight? the hell are you smoking? it was awful. i mean yeah ive seen worse on a first fight but ive also seen a FUCKING HEAP better. they were "game" because those punches probably hurt about as much as being slapped with a wet noodle.

your opinion is now meaningless from these statements you have made. you shame me, fellow sheep fucker.
    lol ,if you think thats her first ever fight, and she still shows that level of ability then she's going to be a killer because virtually every other first fight i've seen, especially womens fights, have always been way worse. Theres been a couple of exceptions,but in those cases the guys have gone onto win titles. Either that, or its not the first time she's had some serious head punching and I'm not the one on drugs. Either way? ? your shame means nothing to me lol

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 1:52am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhil889 View Post
    lol ,if you think thats her first ever fight, and she still shows that level of ability then she's going to be a killer because virtually every other first fight i've seen, especially womens fights, have always been way worse. Theres been a couple of exceptions,but in those cases the guys have gone onto win titles. Either that, or its not the first time she's had some serious head punching and I'm not the one on drugs. Either way? ? your shame means nothing to me lol
    how many fight events do you go to? serious question here, since in auckland there are fight events basically every weekend with people who have more skill than these two girls in amateur fights. like i actually really cant understand how someone in NZ could have your opinion when we produce some of the best kickboxers (and once NZ catches up, im sure mma fighters) in the world. unless you live in buttfuck nowhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 6:01am

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by christmas beetings View Post
    how many fight events do you go to? serious question here, since in auckland there are fight events basically every weekend with people who have more skill than these two girls in amateur fights. like i actually really cant understand how someone in NZ could have your opinion when we produce some of the best kickboxers (and once NZ catches up, im sure mma fighters) in the world. unless you live in buttfuck nowhere.
    Honestly?? not as much as you guys in Auckland sadly, plus with kids i don't get to as many as i would like, so maybe only 1/2 doz this last yr. The club fights mostly consist of 1/3 - 2/3 novice,first time ammy, and usually the rest ammy with normally one title type fight on. Mostly fighting within South Island but frequent trips to Welly, and very rarely to Akl.

But yes,i still see shittier fighting than this at every event i've been too. Mostly its first timers,or older guys who just do the "swing for the fences" thing, but at the same time i watched an MMA type title fight where both fighter were worse than Ms Wray when it came to striking, yes,seriously. So, i don't feel my comments were out of line.

Part of the problem i see here?? is there is so much good quality fighting around ppl have come to expect it all the time. I thought she fought well,esp for first timer,seemed composed, well prepped and werked her skill set throughly. Her opponent didn't help her show case any skill, but Ms Wray consistantly worked straight shots and combos that landed reasonably cleanly,won by tko and handled the small amount of ground time fine. Was it an awesome fight?? no. If i was in her corner would i have been pleased with how she went?? absolutely. Its not that i thought she was awesome,but she sure wasn't anywhere near as crap as ppl were making out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 10:09am

Style: grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand that this isn't the worst mma fight that ever took place. But she says she's changing her carreer to "pro fighter". After watching this fight, how long do you think before she has pro level abilities?

And can't I just make fun of this ****? I thought this was the Internet, and every video on the Internet needs demeaning, bigoted humor in there some where.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 10:51am

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    I understand that this isn't the worst mma fight that ever took place. But she says she's changing her carreer to "pro fighter". After watching this fight, how long do you think before she has pro level abilities?

And can't I just make fun of this ****? I thought this was the Internet, and every video on the Internet needs demeaning, bigoted humor in there some where.
    until she's pro level? Years. like 6.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 12:10pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Insert lecture about becoming a pro here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    *Insert lecture about becoming a pro here.
    Well... Wait, can we get the lecture? If I'm really wrong about this I'd like to know. Is she really ready to pursue a carreer in wmma?

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 1:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, she is not ready.

Then again, who is?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 1:40pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    Well... Wait, can we get the lecture? If I'm really wrong about this I'd like to know. Is she really ready to pursue a carreer in wmma?
    Becoming pro is completely relative to so many factors that it would be hard to tell when someone should become a pro. I became a "pro" fighter only because there were no real differences in the rule set. When NHB/MMA became the thing everybody was a pro. There was no amateur where we were. Now we have a well regulated organization.

Where she is it may become easier especially for a female. As a matter of fact becoming a pro may have more incentive with some minor money and endorsements. In her area the difference between being a pro and being an amateur might be a small fine line and you may see her as a pro in two years or less. Now if and when will she be ready for UFC level fights? She's competing against girls who are Olympians and extensive physical sport backgrounds. Cheerleading is a gnarly activity/sport but a lot of it is about looks. Does not translate well to combative arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 4:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the lecture.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast