• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 5:00pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Music For Monkeys (A "Special" Music thread for Sri Hanuman and other primates)

Name:  headphonesmonkey.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  5.4 KB

We are all primates, of course, but some of us are primatier than others. Due to Sri Hanuman's excessive Svendorrianing of the Mayan Apocalypse thread, I am forced to create this thread for links to music that is either (A) terrible, (B) related to monkeys or non-human apes, or (C) both.

This way, Sri H. won't be able to resist checking in. And we know he can't stop himself from listening. Mwah-ha-ha-ha!

I'll start things off with a couple of classics from Chicago's own youtube goddess, Jan Terri and an all-time special monkey song from Tom T. Hall.

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 5:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You... monster....
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 6:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also suppose it bares noting that I sent Fadades a friends request in a clever attempt to troll him. This awesome plan backfired when I realized that the man doesn't speak a smidgeon of English. Haven't had that experience in at least 5 years. Refreshing...
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 3:42am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    I also suppose it bares noting that I sent Fadades a friends request in a clever attempt to troll him. This awesome plan backfired when I realized that the man doesn't speak a smidgeon of English. Haven't had that experience in at least 5 years. Refreshing...
    It's okay. He may speak one of the non-human primate languages that I assume you are fluent in.

And now, back to our program.

A good "monkey" song: Major Lance, a Chicago Soul artist of the 60s and 70s (also popular in the UK, where a young Elton John was in his back-up band for a time), often doing music written and produced by Curtis Mayfield, Carl Davis, and / or Johnny Pate, does "The Monkey Time" on "Shindig!"

And some terrible songs hipsters have tried to reclaim because Frank Zappa (a troll IRL long before trolling was named) and Kurt Cobain said they liked them. The Shaggs are to outsider music as three goats with dysentery taking craps on a French roll are to outsider cuisine. The surprise isn't that the result is shitty, it is that someone went to the effort of forcing them to aim it enough to put it all on one surface.

The Shaggs are described on Wikipedia as follows:
    The Shaggs were formed by Dot, Betty and Helen [Wiggins] in 1968, on the insistence of their father, Austin Wiggin, who believed that his mother foresaw the band's rise to stardom [based on a palm reading she had received]. The band's only studio album, Philosophy of the World, was released in 1969. The album failed to garner attention, though the band continued to exist as a locally popular live act. The Shaggs disbanded in 1975 after the death of Austin.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shaggs

Here is that album, but if you must skimp, start at 5:17 with "Who Are Parents" followed by "My Pal Foot Foot."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 4:55am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One more dose for tonight.

The Kinks go environmentalist with "Apeman" (1970) from "Top of the Pops."

Aspiring NYC singer Lucille Cataldo performs "Hairdresser" on Manhattan public access show "Stairway to Stardom."

This one is absolutely not to be missed. Also on "Stairway to Stardom," Gloria Huddle does an "accent" monologue, then sodomizes the Manhattan Transfer's "Operator" with a rough-cut broom handle while it plays in the background. Not so much a song, but she does intone in a range of implausible accents intended to be a southern preacher over the song, so I'm counting it. I firmly believe that each member of the jazz-pop quartet was confusedly prying splinters from his or her bleeding sphincter for months after this.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 6:06am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 6:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Smells View Post
    Never make eye contact with monkeys
    But apparently eye to crack contact is fine.

Catchy, but just for that, low talent youtube poster Onision offers his take on the caped crusader and a banana song.

and

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 6:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling Bling View Post
    That was reprehensible.

From the people who brought you Rebecca Black's "Friday"

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 6:44am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meanwhile in Russia:

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2012 7:52am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling Bling View Post
    Meanwhile in Russia:
    In Russia, sample plays DJ.

(Insert "Soviet" if you are a young whippersnapper and became familiar with the walking fail factory that is Yakov Smirnoff after the collapse of the USSR. In the good old cold war days, it was just, "America, what a country! In America, x does y. In Russia, y does x." Life was simpler then, and we liked it. The constant threat of thermonuclear annihilation was a small price to pay for smoother parallelism in the humor of 2nd tier hack comics.)

For Sri H., "Steel Monkey" from Jethro Tull

And for Bling Bling, some tune-free, though leggy, Czech Hip Hop

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast