Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 3:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Entitlement is an accounting term that refers to "fixed payments that must be honored". This is what they mean by Entitlement spending. Not what people feel entitled to.
    IE.
    Someone who has paid into medicare, Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, ect. Are entitled to use of those programs as part of paying into them. These programs should be protected as such.
    "Welfare" programs below
    cash assistance (TANF), the child support program, child care, energy or utility assistance, food assistance, medical assistance, and vocational rehabilitation services.

Are not entitlements and are not what is being talked about when they talk about when talking about entitlements.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 6:17am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    What countries have we invaded since Vietnam? If I recall, Panama, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Grenada. Of these which are you objecting to and why?
    El Salvador, Nicaragua, Somalia, Iran (attacking two Iranian oil platforms, shooting down Iran Airlines 655), Honduras, Zaire (logistical support), Haiti.

This does <i>not</i> count countries where the USA "only" bombed (such as Bosnia, Pakistan) or where US "advisors" (special forces) assisted the locals in suppressing dissent (Turkey, Nigeria) or where the CIA backed coups (such as Chile) or the siege of Cuba that has been going on since Castro marched into Havana or the sending of billions of dollars to a xenocidal crazy miniature of itself (Israel).

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 8:02am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Someone who has paid into medicare, Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, ect. Are entitled to use of those programs as part of paying into them. These programs should be protected as such.
    It's going to be a moot point as time goes on, because the numbers don't add up. You just won't be able to fund these commitments in the form people who started paying into them a generation ago expected.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Entitlement is an accounting term that refers to "fixed payments that must be honored". This is what they mean by Entitlement spending. Not what people feel entitled to.
    IE.
    "Welfare" programs below
    cash assistance (TANF), the child support program, child care, energy or utility assistance, food assistance, medical assistance, and vocational rehabilitation services.

Are not entitlements and are not what is being talked about when they talk about when talking about entitlements.
    Link to one year of SSI fraud.
    http://oig.ssa.gov/sites/default/fil...LL%20FINAL.pdf

Now, this is just a drop in the bucket. A long read, but page 32 is by state although some are not listed at all. Examples -

California - 544 allegations receive of which 195 were confirmed as fraud. Population 37,254,000.

New York 67 allegations of which 36 were confirmed? Really? Population 19,378,000.

Oklahoma with a population of 3,751,000 had 132 allegations of which 58 were determined to be fraudulent.

Texas only 311 / 179 with a population of 25,146,000.

Washington 159 / 151 with 8,001,000. Anomaly with that high a conviction rate?

--------------

Okay. Those above fall under the official term of 'entitlement'. Fact is, there are many here in the US that feel entitled period. See your list above for 'programs' wherein any reduction in spending for these programs will be deemed a 'cut'.

Two years of unemployment benefits? Really? That's some bullshit there no matter where you live.

Growth in government is out of control.

TL;DNR version

We can't afford this **** anymore.

....break from rant.....

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 11:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Two years of unemployment benefits? Really? That's some bullshit there no matter where you live.
    Unemployment benefit limited to two years? In the UK there is no limit.

Don't know if this will work in the US, but it's instructive of how some people abuse the benefits system.

A radio call in show to discuss the suggestion of an introduction of a version of the EBT to the UK.

http://order-order.com/2012/12/30/on...up-at-800-a-m/

Claiming unemployment benefits for 7 years, within 30 seconds he casually admits to benefit fraud by working and not declaring it for cash in hand and then goes on to say he turned down a job, because he couldn't be bothered to get up at 8 am.

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 12:38pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

For The Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    El Salvador, Nicaragua, Somalia, Iran (attacking two Iranian oil platforms, shooting down Iran Airlines 655), Honduras, Zaire (logistical support), Haiti.

This does <i>not</i> count countries where the USA "only" bombed (such as Bosnia, Pakistan) or where US "advisors" (special forces) assisted the locals in suppressing dissent (Turkey, Nigeria) or where the CIA backed coups (such as Chile) or the siege of Cuba that has been going on since Castro marched into Havana or the sending of billions of dollars to a xenocidal crazy miniature of itself (Israel).
    You forgot the continued occupation of Germany, Korea, and Japan. As well as the occupation of Native American lands, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. I just wanted to know which invasion (using a stricter definition) he was concerned about as being unjustified. If he wants to use your definition fine.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 12:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Unemployment benefit limited to two years? In the UK there is no limit.

Don't know if this will work in the US, but it's instructive of how some people abuse the benefits system.

A radio call in show to discuss the suggestion of an introduction of a version of the EBT to the UK.

http://order-order.com/2012/12/30/on...up-at-800-a-m/

Claiming unemployment benefits for 7 years, within 30 seconds he casually admits to benefit fraud by working and not declaring it for cash in hand and then goes on to say he turned down a job, because he couldn't be bothered to get up at 8 am.
    I haven't checked your link, but it's well known even over here how easy it is to play the system in the UK.

Unemployment compensation in the US used to be a state 26 week max. The feds propped it up to two years. Now Obama is calling for another two year extension.

http://jobsearch.about.com/od/extend...ment-tiers.htm

The unemployment extension legislation passed by Congress in February 2012 changed the way the tiers of Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) are structured. These tiers are in effect for 2012. There are currently no extended benefits in place for 2013.
    The tiers of unemployment from same link -

Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) Tiers Through May 2012

Tier 1: 20 weeks
    Tier 2: 14 weeks
    Tier 3: 13 weeks if the state unemployment rate is 6% or higher
    Tier 4: 6 weeks if the state unemployment rate is 8.5% or higher unless state doesn't have EB, then 16 weeks

Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) Tiers June - August 2012

Tier 1: 20 weeks
    Tier 2: 14 weeks if the state unemployment rate is 6% or higher
    Tier 3: 13 weeks if the state unemployment rate is 7% or higher
    Tier 4: 6 weeks if the state unemployment rate is 9% or higher

Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) Tiers September - December 2012

Tier 1: 14 weeks
    Tier 2: 14 weeks if the state unemployment rate is 6% or higher
    Tier 3: 9 weeks if the state unemployment rate is 7% or higher
    Tier 4: 10 weeks if the state unemployment rate is 9% or higher

Maximum Number of Weeks of Unemployment

With the changes, the maximum weeks of available unemployment benefits depending upon location are:

99 Weeks: March - May
    79 Weeks: June - August
    73 Weeks: September - December

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 12:46pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

For The Devil

Hungryjoe,

Welfare and entitlement spending outside of ssi and Medicare seem to be a state problem currently. The issue of income tax being carried by 50% of workers is a huge concern. I agree with the republicans it is not good but my conclusion is very different. I think the low wages of the 50% is symptoms of the free market or wages be subverted and manipulated. Retail sales is 1x min wage. When I was in high school it was 1.5 to 2x min wage. There is no upward pressure on wages over the long term. Recessions tend to freeze hiring not lower wages traditionally.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 1:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Hungryjoe,

Welfare and entitlement spending outside of ssi and Medicare seem to be a state problem currently. The issue of income tax being carried by 50% of workers is a huge concern. I agree with the republicans it is not good but my conclusion is very different. I think the low wages of the 50% is symptoms of the free market or wages be subverted and manipulated. Retail sales is 1x min wage. When I was in high school it was 1.5 to 2x min wage. There is no upward pressure on wages over the long term. Recessions tend to freeze hiring not lower wages traditionally.
    Well said and I have to agree with all of the above.

There are not enough people paying into vs. those taking out. There has to be a middle line and without spending cuts we are doomed to future economic collapse. Perhaps that's the game plan anyway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 4:01pm

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Well said and I have to agree with all of the above.

There are not enough people paying into vs. those taking out. There has to be a middle line and without spending cuts we are doomed to future economic collapse. Perhaps that's the game plan anyway.
    What would anybody gain from economic collapse?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 8910 LastLast