218358 Bullies, 5013 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 91 to 100 of 102
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,609

    Posted On:
    1/04/2013 12:48pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Like anything else they can be corrupted and back an industry into a corner or be ineffectual and not benefit their members.
    Example, Hostess.

    Yes, there was more going on, but in a bad economy it makes you wonder wtf they were thinking.
  2. patfromlogan is offline
    patfromlogan's Avatar

    Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hilo Island of Hawaii
    Posts
    8,831

    Posted On:
    1/04/2013 1:44pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hostess?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66770_10152326697545034_316589805_n.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	14295  

    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
  3. mike321 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,391

    Posted On:
    1/04/2013 2:18pm


     Style: kenpo, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    For The Devil

    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    Name one decent union, AND tell us the pay structure of the union leaders. Just one, and pay.
    The UPS union seemed to work out well for them over time. I don't have info on the pay of their leaders. The hostess one is a strange one. The bakers union may have been acting in the best interest by demolishing that company. People still buy bread and bakers may have been better off with business shifting to other companies and possible new jobs. They probably hurt non bakers but the union is supposed to represent their guys. Anecdotal evidence alert, union members I know who are retired seem to do better than non union.
  4. -TANK- is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    134

    Posted On:
    1/08/2013 11:53pm


     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Example, Hostess.

    Yes, there was more going on, but in a bad economy it makes you wonder wtf they were thinking.
    and nobody looks out for the investors who attempted to save the company with I think about 20 million. They lost it all, not debt holders either, money that was invested, risked, and lost.

    Unions need a new face, a new plan and need to back off a bit.
  5. mike321 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,391

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 12:05am


     Style: kenpo, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    For The Devil

    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    and nobody looks out for the investors who attempted to save the company with I think about 20 million. They lost it all, not debt holders either, money that was invested, risked, and lost.

    Unions need a new face, a new plan and need to back off a bit.
    investors with 20 million on the line put 3 million (roughly) for upper management. That's a lot of risk in itself. Plus unions are not responsible for investors any more than investors are responsible for unions. This is why they negotiate.
  6. -TANK- is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    134

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 9:06am


     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    investors with 20 million on the line put 3 million (roughly) for upper management. That's a lot of risk in itself. Plus unions are not responsible for investors any more than investors are responsible for unions. This is why they negotiate.
    Negotiate? Union telling management how to run the company? Corporate idiots running the company into the debt side of the balance sheet? Union makes concessions, Corporate decides to bring in investors, Sheesh, is that a negotiation? Seems more like a dysfunctional couple neither one listening to what the other says, and the head of household says too bad so sad, with intent on tearing it up anyway.

    My point was that the crys and shouts for the poor employees were loudest, nobody crys or moans for the investors, but damn sure they are the devil.
  7. mike321 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,391

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 4:03pm


     Style: kenpo, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    For The Devil

    Did hostess bakers ask for more than money? My understanding was that it was a straight compensation (and benefits) fight. Is there more to the story. I think it is foolish to try and run the company.
  8. BoonDog is offline
    BoonDog's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    659

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 6:00pm

    supporting member
     Style: running scared

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Did hostess bakers ask for more than money? My understanding was that it was a straight compensation (and benefits) fight. Is there more to the story. I think it is foolish to try and run the company.
    It wasn't just the bakers that they needed to negotiate with. There were separate unions for the delivery of the baked goods.
  9. -TANK- is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    134

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 7:42pm


     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    It wasn't just the bakers that they needed to negotiate with. There were separate unions for the delivery of the baked goods.
    Boodgod, exactly right.
    Nobody was innocent here, and much maligning. Terrible to note that in the end, 18500 are unemployed, that is the part I dont get. Most companies I work with LOVE their employees. They care more about the employees than the employees do. Not here.
  10. mike321 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,391

    Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:21pm


     Style: kenpo, Wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    For The Devil

    Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    Boodgod, exactly right.
    Nobody was innocent here, and much maligning. Terrible to note that in the end, 18500 are unemployed, that is the part I dont get. Most companies I work with LOVE their employees. They care more about the employees than the employees do. Not here.
    What kind of companies do you work with? Companies caring more abut their employees than their employees. Maybe they think they do or they care in a paternalistic "we know best" way. At the end of the day it is a negotiation.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.