Posted On:
    1/08/2013 11:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Wrestling, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Example, Hostess.

Yes, there was more going on, but in a bad economy it makes you wonder wtf they were thinking.
    and nobody looks out for the investors who attempted to save the company with I think about 20 million. They lost it all, not debt holders either, money that was invested, risked, and lost.

Unions need a new face, a new plan and need to back off a bit.

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 12:05am

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

For The Devil

Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    and nobody looks out for the investors who attempted to save the company with I think about 20 million. They lost it all, not debt holders either, money that was invested, risked, and lost.

Unions need a new face, a new plan and need to back off a bit.
    investors with 20 million on the line put 3 million (roughly) for upper management. That's a lot of risk in itself. Plus unions are not responsible for investors any more than investors are responsible for unions. This is why they negotiate.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 9:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    investors with 20 million on the line put 3 million (roughly) for upper management. That's a lot of risk in itself. Plus unions are not responsible for investors any more than investors are responsible for unions. This is why they negotiate.
    Negotiate? Union telling management how to run the company? Corporate idiots running the company into the debt side of the balance sheet? Union makes concessions, Corporate decides to bring in investors, Sheesh, is that a negotiation? Seems more like a dysfunctional couple neither one listening to what the other says, and the head of household says too bad so sad, with intent on tearing it up anyway.

My point was that the crys and shouts for the poor employees were loudest, nobody crys or moans for the investors, but damn sure they are the devil.

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 4:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

For The Devil

Did hostess bakers ask for more than money? My understanding was that it was a straight compensation (and benefits) fight. Is there more to the story. I think it is foolish to try and run the company.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: running scared

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did hostess bakers ask for more than money? My understanding was that it was a straight compensation (and benefits) fight. Is there more to the story. I think it is foolish to try and run the company.
    It wasn't just the bakers that they needed to negotiate with. There were separate unions for the delivery of the baked goods.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 7:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    It wasn't just the bakers that they needed to negotiate with. There were separate unions for the delivery of the baked goods.
    Boodgod, exactly right.
    Nobody was innocent here, and much maligning. Terrible to note that in the end, 18500 are unemployed, that is the part I dont get. Most companies I work with LOVE their employees. They care more about the employees than the employees do. Not here.

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 8:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

For The Devil

Quote Originally Posted by -TANK- View Post
    Boodgod, exactly right.
    Nobody was innocent here, and much maligning. Terrible to note that in the end, 18500 are unemployed, that is the part I dont get. Most companies I work with LOVE their employees. They care more about the employees than the employees do. Not here.
    What kind of companies do you work with? Companies caring more abut their employees than their employees. Maybe they think they do or they care in a paternalistic "we know best" way. At the end of the day it is a negotiation.

Posted On:
    1/10/2013 3:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What kind of companies do you work with? Companies caring more abut their employees than their employees. Maybe they think they do or they care in a paternalistic "we know best" way. At the end of the day it is a negotiation.
    I have worked for companies that cared a hell of a lot for their employees. Never have a seen a company that cares more about their employees than their bottom line. Some have figured out that being good to employees are good for their bottom line.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/10/2013 8:13am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have worked for companies that have taken very good care of their employees, to the degree that when unions approached us to organize, we generally told them to **** off, because we did not need to waste money paying fucking union bosses for **** we were already getting.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910