Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 11:49am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC fans suck balls.

Are spoilers broken in the new theme?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 3:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a fan of JDS and Velasquez. I'm not surprised that Velasquez was able to win but I was surprised and disappointed at how quickly JDS gassed. He looked like Shane Carwin vs Lesnar. Less than one round and he looked like he'd been fighting for an hour.

I'm guessing JDS will start taking more losses now. Everyone's game plan will be to survive until round 2 when Junior becomes helpless.

Not sure what happened. He has gotten bigger. I've seen him tired before but never like that.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 3:36pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I disagree. JDS wasn't gassed early, he was rocked early. Ironically, had Cain pushed through after catching JDS and scored an early finish, it would've looked better for JDS.

Yeah, the crowd's booing at JDS (at postfight) was disgusting.

Spoiler:
    spoiler tags
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 12/30/2012 3:47pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 3:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling Bling View Post
    I disagree. JDS wasn't gassed early, he was rocked early. Ironically, had Cain pushed through after catching JDS and scored an early finish, it would've looked better for JDS.

Yeah, the crowd's booing at JDS was disgusting.

Spoiler:
    spoiler tags
    Yeah, I just watched the first round again and I can't really argue with that. Junior was pretty much done after the knockdown with about a minute left in the first. I do think he had already begun to slow noticeably with about 2 1/2 minutes left in the first round but his performance was probably more a result of getting his brains scrambled than lack of conditioning.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 3:58pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the two of you said, basically. I'm a huge fan of both, but like Cain more and was pulling for him to win, but I wasn't expecting that. Already looking forward to seeing the third part of their inevitable trilogy.

The co-main event was awesome, and I feel like me and the people I saw it with (a couple friends and the people from the Jiujitsu gym we train at) may be the only people who actually liked Okami vs Belcher.

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 4:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the whole show was boring except for the two main events. Lauzon/Miller was awesome.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 5:25pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *Phone rings*

Heavyweight X: Hello? Hi, Dana.
    Dana: Hey X, how would you like to fight JDS for the next card?
    Heavyweight X: *Gulp*

Poor Mr. X, I'm just wondering who it will be.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 8:54am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    I thought the whole show was boring except for the two main events. Lauzon/Miller was awesome.
    Agreed, but **** me was that an awesome fight, I was so hoping for that leg lock it was pure beauty.

Boetsch vs Phillipou really wasn't a fight, luckily the ref stopped it, a tad late, he was helpless.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 6:18pm

Style: KK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm starting to enjoy watching Miller fight than almost anyone else in the sport.

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 6:34pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JDS would still nuke the entire heavyweight division outside of Velasquez, and I'm certain this isn't the last time they'll fight. You can't really call him "exposed", unless there's some other HW out there with the kind of freakish cardio and pace that Cain's got, because he can do that to pretty much anybody. JDS got his eggs scrambled by that big right in round one, and Cain never gave him a chance to recover. I feel really, really bad for whoever gets tossed to Dos Santos next. But on the plus side, I'm looking forward to watching Velasquez take Overeem down and punch all the steroids out of his face. Also, it was nice to see Dos Santos call out the crowd for being a bunch of stupid dickheads for booing him.

What was that one judge on Varner/Guillard smoking? Varner won every round clean. He took Guillard down at will and continually pushed him back standing up, and that guillotine in the first round was about 5 seconds away from a tap if it was't the end of the round. I guess landing leg kicks that hit with the foot and make really loud slapping noises counts as winning a round.
    Last edited by Neo Sigma; 12/31/2012 6:38pm at .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast