Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/21/2012 2:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, I've been watching that and one of the other bid/sale websites. Every few hours, no not days, prices creep up about $100. Hell, I've watched the 22lr on some websites go from 245-250 up to 545. One website had the S&W MP 15 22LR for the original price of the MP SPort .223.

Posted On:
    12/21/2012 3:59pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm in a similar boat to JNP. I've wanted an AR for a long time, but I had higher priorities and didn't have the money. I've been saving my "lunch money" all year long, but it looks like I'm still a couple hundred short of my goal.

I'm not in a panic. I don't feel the need to buy the first AR I see on a shelf. I have a particular model picked out. I haven't purchased a firearm in over ten years, so I'm not super familiar with the process. Here's my question: Can I go into a gun store, show them the model I want, and order it from the manufacturer? I'm willing to wait. I can certainly put down a (sizable) deposit. What's the process for this? And does anyone have any sound advice on whether I should act soon and get in the waiting queue with my order?

I suspect I'm not alone with these questions.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    12/21/2012 4:22pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    I'm in a similar boat to JNP. I've wanted an AR for a long time, but I had higher priorities and didn't have the money. I've been saving my "lunch money" all year long, but it looks like I'm still a couple hundred short of my goal.

I'm not in a panic. I don't feel the need to buy the first AR I see on a shelf. I have a particular model picked out. I haven't purchased a firearm in over ten years, so I'm not super familiar with the process. Here's my question: Can I go into a gun store, show them the model I want, and order it from the manufacturer? I'm willing to wait. I can certainly put down a (sizable) deposit. What's the process for this? And does anyone have any sound advice on whether I should act soon and get in the waiting queue with my order?

I suspect I'm not alone with these questions.

It is probably still cheaper to build one. My friend has built a few and I don't think he spent more than $700 each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 3:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking New York. We tried to get them straightened out in the 1860s but unfortunately failed.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 9:16pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It really looks like basically every AR in the country has been sold. The ones that are available on Gunbroker are priced at a minimum of twice the usual price. Many of them are going for $3-4K. And that just isn't crazy prices people are asking with no hope of getting it. That's **** with 30-40 bids.

There are NO AR magazines in any stores. They have all been sold.

So yeah, Americans are all in favor of gun control. That's why all your guns are belong to us. In a single week.

Posted On:
    12/23/2012 1:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trying to keep my finger on the pulse of the gun community. Everything is just talk, of course but it's interesting to me. I think people are slowly starting to realize the difficulties the democrats will face trying to get legislation through Congress.

The chatter I'm hearing now is that folks are beginning to worry about the possibility of Obama taking some type of unilateral action. The big one people are talking about is the possibility of him having the ATF reclassify semiautos or some semiautos and large capacity magazines as NFA items. So they wouldn't be illegal but damn near it. You'd have to pay $200 to the federal government. Many people, such as myself can't get NFA items at all because it requires CLEO signoff and the CLEO in my county won't sign off on ****.

And that brings up the question of whether there would be congressional retaliation in the form of slashed ATF funding, potential Supreme Court decisions, etc, etc, etc. Ain't democracy grand?

Posted On:
    12/23/2012 9:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, how much **** are people buying? This much:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...tml?1356294643

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/23/2012 9:43pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I notice some online stores, that were sold out, have magically found AKs and AR-15s.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 12/23/2012 10:10pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/24/2012 5:58pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I've been watching impact guns. Last night a Colt AR-15 1,999 appeared and about 10 Aks ranging from 999-2000. All are gone in less than 24 hours.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    12/24/2012 7:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I notice some online stores, that were sold out, have magically found AKs and AR-15s.
    I wish I had enough free capital to ride this bubble - I'd make a... err, umm, hefty pile of cash.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast