224962 Bullies, 3470 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 2:22pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fear leads to Run on Assault Riffles

I went to Gander Mountain today at lunch. Oh. My. God. They had an electronic counter and they were assigning numbers to each customer who was waiting to buy a gun. There were at least 50 people waiting and I'm not even exaggerating.

That's going to be the real impact of this whole damn thing. Gun prices will be high as hell for at least six months. No black rifles on the shelves. You won't be able to find ammo. When you do manage to find some 5.56 it'll be 50 cents per fucking round. $40 for magazines. Fucking pain in my ass.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 4:28pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I was calling around to get the temperature of gun shop owners. Assault riffles have been marked up by as much as50%. There were shops that have actually invalidated their Sunday ads.

A few of the shops, most likely hyperbole, are saying that their contacts said the government is pushing through an immediate Assault riffle ban by the end of the month.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 4:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    A few of the shops, most likely hyperbole, are saying that their contacts said the government is pushing through an immediate Assault riffle ban by the end of the month.
    The talk doesn't surprise me at all but I'm guessing it is mostly motivated by greed and panic. I really don't see how that would even be possible. I would be astonished if enough Republicans in the House would sign off on that. It would cause a complete implosion of the Republican party.

It would be political suicide for any one of them who has more elections in front of them. They know the gun crowd is a sizable portion of their base. They have long memories, they vote in Congressional elections, and they vote this issue.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 4:40pm

staff
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just bought an AR-15. No joke. My first.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 4:41pm

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swollen Elf Goon View Post
    You know, that's the other reason I was calling. I passed up on some good deals back when the Class III ban started. I regret that to this day.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 4:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swollen Elf Goon View Post
    Magazines?

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 4:47pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm itching to buy some more **** just in case but I already had a big chunk set aside for a safe. Dammit. Too many decisions.

Plus I bought my last AR after the Obama panic when he got elected the first time and I paid way too much for it only to see a huge price drop a few months later.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 4:53pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    I'm itching to buy some more **** just in case but I already had a big chunk set aside for a safe. Dammit. Too many decisions.

Plus I bought my last AR after the Obama panic when he got elected the first time and I paid way too much for it only to see a huge price drop a few months later.
    Yep, but you have one. I waited, kept putting it off and I'm back in the same situation.

Dumbass.

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 4:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep, but you have one. I waited, kept putting it off and I'm back in the same situation.

Dumbass.
    But there's so much **** I don't have that I want. Even though my brain tells me not to stress, I can't help but think about all the guns on my to-do list that I don't have yet.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    12/19/2012 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post

So, I was calling around to get the temperature of gun shop owners. Assault riffles have been marked up by as much as50%. There were shops that have actually invalidated their Sunday ads.

We need price gouging legislation to prevent this kinda thing.
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast