Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    ITF Taekwondo, Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Footage of someone effectively disarming someone by kicking the knife from their hand

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With no small amount of irony, the newest article on the Bullshido home page had the tag line "just because something 'works for you' [feel free to substitute 'for you' with 'once'] doesn't mean it works".

Ymas has been a little slow lately. I hope someone shows up to tell everyone how legit this is. Or, even better, to let us know how much better this could have been done.

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not something I would want to be doing per se, but it obviously worked for this guy. I wonder, How many data points does it take to make a good technique in this case? It's not like you can go around testing these kind of conditions as this was a real incident. Likely a better lesson here is that with speed and commitment, anything that has a physiological basis in reality can work. And as insane as it sounds, kicking a knife out of someone's hand is not 'throwing chi balls' level of crazy. It is just a sub-optimal move. Sub-optimal **** works all the time in the real world.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw a video of a guy running a red light in heavy traffic on a scooter, weaving narrowly between speeding trucks, and made it through unscathed. That is also a terrible idea.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It did work in this instance. I can't argue that. As far as "how many data points...", I would say that I would be satisfied enough with the documented successes outnumbering the documented failures.

Sub optimal **** CAN work in the right circumstance, against the right opponent, with the proper alignment of the correct celestial bodies. Hell, I would even go so far as to admit that in proper context, under the pressure of Pascal's wager, I wouldn't​discount anything as potentially beneficial. If I were skydiving and both of my chutes failed, I would flap my arms like a bird until I passed out from exhaustion.

Style
    Rehab(Back Surgery)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badtigra View Post
    lol

The guy in the tank top has been in some ****. I don't know if the bottle was supposed to be a distraction or if was a happy lucky moment with the universe. Either way homeboy was not expecting the foot with a bottle up top.

The robber was obviously scared and not fully committed to a violent conflict and was stupidly depending on intimidation or the video would have been different.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    lol

The guy in the tank top has been in some ****. I don't know if the bottle was supposed to be a distraction or if was a happy lucky moment with the universe. Either way homeboy was not expecting the foot with a bottle up top.

The robber was obviously scared and not fully committed to a violent conflict and was stupidly depending on intimidation or the video would have been different.
    I think the real moral of the story is that you shouldn't cut in line.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    I think the real moral of the story is that you shouldn't cut in line.
    I hope that was intentional. I hate when my puns are unintended.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    I hope that was intentional. I hate when my puns are unintended.
    It was. It was like a quadruple entendre. You guys are all fucks for not showering that one with up votes.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    It was. It was like a quadruple entendre. You guys are all fucks for not showering that one with up votes.
    I'm a **** regardless, but I concede it worthy of an upvote.

Congratulations, a random **** on the internet thinks you're clever.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last