Style
    Goju Ryu, Judo, Silat
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dropping a rounded system for more specialized training?

Ok so I'm part of a Kudo group for a while now, where we get to spar a lot in training. I am, however, considering how necessary this actually is to my progression.

We have hard sparring, protective wear to avoid injury. Incorporates stand up, ground and pound, grappling, submissions etc and the training can be quite tough. That said, I dont feel i benefit from it in the same way as doing my other classes

Judo: We've got Orange belts who are now UK Squad and are amazing to throw down with, even to the point their squad training nights are bringing a lot of pressure into the club and the randori has gone through the roof. This is also the only style I actively compete in and dropping Kudo could let me go to more Judo and get better.

Karate: Quite traditional in a lot of ways, but I've got a soft spot for this class. Thankfully theres more adults to work with now so we can hit bareknuckle to get the work in.

BJJ: We as standard, drill for 40 minutes and roll for the remainder of class in 3 minute rounds with each other. The ground fighting is great

Kickboxing: half the class is fitness and technical, with the other half being full contact sparring, only gumshields, gloves and shins. We dont even use gradings in this class. One thing I will say is this is the class straight after the MMA and by the time I've finished the Kudo I find Im gassing near the end. Im wondering if going in fresh would help?

The thing is, I find the Kudo/MMA to be balanced across all the systems, but theres a lack of specialization which makes me feel like I learn more in the other classes, and I joined it more for the sparring and ability to use my striking from Karate. Now that we're sparring more in other systems and there's the factor of the grading being compulsory or tough luck, Im sometimes wondering if I could drop it. Additionally, the style has a grading system where we have to attend a summer camp to progress and be assessed externally. Grades in it actually dont matter all that much to me but the fact these camps are a big financial cost for me (I work on weekends with the bulk of hours of my shifts then) and I can actually go down in the grade order for missing one makes me feel a bit less enthusiastic about the situation, especially with the camp being in the middle of the Judo competition season our club goes for

If I did drop it however, I could do more judo and be fresher for kickboxing.

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kudo, judo, karate, BJJ and kickboxing...

You train a lot.

I think it's good to be diversified but... yeah you've got so many things going on at once I can see how it might help your progression to be more focused.

I'd probably stick to one grappling art, either judo or BJJ and one striking art, for me it would be kickboxing but some people really make karate work and let the others sit in the back burner for awhile.

Style
    BJJ/Zumba
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll probably get enough out of the others and not do the Kudo/MMA if you can avoid it - technique focus plus sparring will look like it fits your goals, from what I read.

If your focus is to FIGHT (in a cage/ring) and it's an MMA style event, then I'd suggest you keep the MMA aspect, and focus on say BJJ/Kickboxing.

If your focus is to just get good in specific arts/areas and test those other under pressure (via sparring) then just do that. Drop the ones that cost the most for the least return on your investment towards your focus. You should be able to find an MMA gym at some point later if you wanted to just bring those other things together as well - I've found 'MMA classes' you bring at least some skill from other styles to start and the MMA class helps you merge them together with strategy and chaining of those techniques.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.