Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 8:37am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarCheese View Post
    This video reminds me I have a long history of saying stupid **** about things I don't know that I later regret. (Mostly negative things)

I used to trash talk Tiger because I heard they were a farang gym (doing **** things like improper training to paying farmers to throw fights for the fight tourists), but judging from this video and many other commentaries on the gym over the years I've come to understand what a fucking dumbass I was.

Why can't I just learn to keep my mouth shut? Oh well, video was great those guys are fucking tough.
    Don't be too hard on yourself, it IS all those things, because that's how the money comes in. It's just that it's not only a fat camp. There's quality if you look for it. One of my favorite trainers while I was in Thailand, Watcharachai Kaewsamrit, worked at Tiger for quite a while. You can get good there, it just wouldn't be my first choice. Too much BS before you get to the candy center.

I tried Team Quest in Chiang Mai, joke 'BJJ' and low level Muay Thai.
    Blah, I was the one who recommended you look into it. Sorry to hear they didn't work out. How long are you over there for?

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 10:35am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Blah, I was the one who recommended you look into it. Sorry to hear they didn't work out. How long are you over there for?
    Its all good, a training partner recommended it too so thought I'd try it out. Its a good thing I buy trial classes before paying for a week.

Here for another week and a half, lots to do in that time.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2013 1:38am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Its all good, a training partner recommended it too so thought I'd try it out. Its a good thing I buy trial classes before paying for a week.

Here for another week and a half, lots to do in that time.
    I was looking at going to Team Quest, is it really that bad?

Do you know of anyone teaching decent BJJ up that way?

I am a big fan of Chiang Mai, everything said about it is true, only wish it was near the beach.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/08/2013 2:03am

Style: karate/kickbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Don't be too hard on yourself, it IS all those things, because that's how the money comes in. It's just that it's not only a fat camp. There's quality if you look for it. One of my favorite trainers while I was in Thailand, Watcharachai Kaewsamrit, worked at Tiger for quite a while. You can get good there, it just wouldn't be my first choice. Too much BS before you get to the candy center.

I actually have to take off alot of weight myself. Any idea what the program is like for for people trying to do that? I went to wai kru in boston for a few months. I enjoyed it and everyone was really cool. But being so obese has made me quite injury prone.
    Last edited by upkick; 2/08/2013 2:07am at .

Posted On:
    2/08/2013 2:34am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    I was looking at going to Team Quest, is it really that bad?

Do you know of anyone teaching decent BJJ up that way?

I am a big fan of Chiang Mai, everything said about it is true, only wish it was near the beach.
    Well the BJJ might be ok if you've never trained before and dont mind being in a class of all less than 1 month training white belts. Same goes for the Muay Thai.

My Muay Thai padholder offered no technical advice and actually mocked my stance. I train for MMA now and don't use a traditional Muay Thai stance anymore. This was pretty closed minded for an "MMA" gym.
    Last edited by Sang; 2/08/2013 2:44am at .
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12