Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 7:41pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tiger Muay Thai Team Trials Documentary

Hey all, My student Bradley Desir took Part in this. They are producing a pretty cool documentary series about the trials. Here is Episode 1:

One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 3:05am

Style: Shotokan, San Soo etc

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been keeping up with this. totally awesome.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 4:45am

Style: ShinKyokushin/Shitoryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    watched the trials, it's fucking amazing. Loved the scarf hold keylock in episode 3, going to try it out in practice soon.

Posted On:
    1/12/2013 1:28pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This video reminds me I have a long history of saying stupid **** about things I don't know that I later regret. (Mostly negative things)

I used to trash talk Tiger because I heard they were a farang gym (doing **** things like improper training to paying farmers to throw fights for the fight tourists), but judging from this video and many other commentaries on the gym over the years I've come to understand what a fucking dumbass I was.

Why can't I just learn to keep my mouth shut? Oh well, video was great those guys are fucking tough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/06/2013 10:39pm

Style: karate/kickbox

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well some of that stuff does go on. Gotta pay the bills

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 1:02am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah Tiger is as toursit trappy as they come. I gotta say though if you must train MMA while in Thailand its pretty much the only place to go.

I tried Team Quest in Chiang Mai, joke 'BJJ' and low level Muay Thai.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 5:33am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My friend works at Tiger.
    When I visited it originally the head coach was Ray Elbe who I thought was a bit arrogant and the MMA class didnt look great to me.

Brian Ebersole has now taken over and they are affiliated with BTT and although I havent been there I have been reliably informed that the standard of the MMA training has sky rocketed.
    I think Roger Huerta might be back there training now too.
    Im not a fantastic judge of Muay Thai but some of their trainers when I was there (Kru Yod for example) seamed absolutely amazing.
    King without a crown

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 5:39am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really enjoyed the documentary, its kind of what I wish TUF was like.

My wife is nagging me about going to Thailand next year and I'm seriously considering doing a day at Tiger.

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 7:31am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

My wife is nagging me about going to Thailand next year and I'm seriously considering doing a day at Tiger.
    Phuket is seedy and expensive.

I really recommend Chiang Mai. Everything is cheap, the food is much better quality, touristy stuff is fun and i have yet to see an old white man walking around with a young Thai boy.

I'm training at a gym called KC and it is amazing. Training is very high quality and the owners do everything to make your stay enjoyable. I like to eat this traditional Thai desert called kanom crok (sp) which we haven't been able to find this trip, the owner's wife went and bought me some during one of the sessions from a place 15 mins walk away.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/KC-Mua...ref=ts&fref=ts
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    2/07/2013 7:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

Phuket is seedy and expensive.

I really recommend Chiang Mai. Everything is cheap, the food is much better quality, touristy stuff is fun and i have yet to see an old white man walking around with a young Thai boy.

I'm training at a gym called KC and it is amazing. Training is very high quality and the owners do everything to make your stay enjoyable. I like to eat this traditional Thai desert called kanom crok (sp) which we haven't been able to find this trip, the owner's wife went and bought me some during one of the sessions from a place 15 mins walk away.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/KC-Mua...ref=ts&fref=ts
    Kenny Weldon
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast