Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 323839404142 4344 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 3:17am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So has Obama/US Federal government done anything since the Sandy Hook massacre?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 4:47pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...take-back-seat

If I were a gun grabber, I wouldn't get too excited. Gun legislation will stall in the Senate. By the time the issue even gets any attention on the floor, the public outcry will have subsided and it will die. Something else will have the country's attention. Remember way back when, when people gave a **** about Trayvon Martin?

And that's before we even talk about the House, where Republicans have the power to stop the show completely.

The only real chance for new federal gun policies is some type of unilateral action by the President. I won't pretend to fully understand the politics behind an action like that, the extent of the President's power to make those types of changes, such as classifying high cap magazines as NFA items, or the potential Congressional reaction to something like that.

On a related note, it struck me yesterday how short the government's memory is. The media's, too. Since 2001, the threat of homegrown terrorism has barely been a blip on the radar screen unless it was related to Islamic militants.

I was reminded during my reading recently that the 1994 assault weapons ban was one of the biggest motivators for the Oklahoma City bombing in 95, along with the Ruby Ridge and Waco atrocities.

While I wouldn't suggest we capitulate to terrorists, I wonder if any of the politicians in Washington have stopped to fully consider what the true cost of over-reaching gun legislation could be in terms of human life. I suspect there are more McVeighs out there. I just wonder if anyone is thinking about that.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2013 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been considering the time table needed to design, complete tooling, stamp and secondary operations + marketing for production of 30rnd AR magazines while they are still available.

Granted costs will come down in the future, but it appears there may possibly be a lucrative market for someone willing to sell at the old prices.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 7:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    I've been considering the time table needed to design, complete tooling, stamp and secondary operations + marketing for production of 30rnd AR magazines while they are still available.

Granted costs will come down in the future, but it appears there may possibly be a lucrative market for someone willing to sell at the old prices.
    A couple thoughts here....

The panic may be short lived and polymer magazines are more popular now. However, gun related businesses are a good place to be right now and I think that will continue for quite some time. And there will be more panic buying in the future. You can count on that. The biggest threat to your investment would be the threat of the magazines being banned before you could produce them.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 2:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even Dick Cheney is open to restoring the ban on high-capacity gun magazines.

The former vice president, a staunch defender of gun rights, recently told NBC News with regard to restoring the high-capacity magazine ban: "We've had that in place before. Maybe it's appropriate to reestablish that kind of thing."
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 3:17pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A Prayer

Cheney just wants to stop any rebellion against President Bush staying in office so he can maintain his power behind the throne position. Cheney will never let Bush leave office...oh wait it's 2013. Go on...

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 3:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post

The former vice president, a staunch defender of gun rights, recently told NBC News with regard to restoring the high-capacity magazine ban: "We've had that in place before. Maybe it's appropriate to reestablish that kind of thing."
    You say "even Dick Cheney" as if there are truckloads of conservatives supporting that position. But there aren't. Or maybe you mean that if the right wing Cheney supports it then it must be reasonable but it's not. Anybody who votes for that is an enemy of freedom.

Tell me again how many votes Cheney gets in the House.

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 5:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    Dick Cheney gets wet in his panties any time a civil liberty is threatened.

Don't you remember his "awesome humanitatrian record" as our VP? Look back to the rest of his career. He's no friend of the common man. He's a damn comic book super-villian!

Oh yeah, he'll come out against your poodle shooter, but he get's to push bio-chem weapons and nuclear waste products all over the world.

Cheney has killed more innocent people with the stroke of his pen than any individual mass murderer in history.

Real good example there...

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love how the left trots out has-been Republicans' stances on restricting gun rights; let's talk about John F. Kennedy's stance on cutting taxes, while we're at it.

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 8:01pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow...

Piers Morgan invited well-known radio host Alex Jones onto his show to debate gun control. *sigh* Let's take a look:

Now, I have to give it to Piers that this was brilliant theater, and I suspect it went better than he expected even in his wildest dreams. He barely had to wind-up Jones before the yelling started and the spittle flew.

Does anyone doubt this was calculated to make not just Jones but all gun rights advocates look like rabid dogs who have lost control and are unwilling (probably unable) to debate on the merits? Why not find some registered Democrat gun owner willing to discuss why they own guns yet still vote liberal? Why not engage a clear-headed celebrity gun owner, such as Tom Selleck, who can articulate why he enjoys firearms? Hell, why not get Ice-T to come on and provide his unique perspective about gun culture?

Why? Because: Ratings. Reasonable sounding people are boring. It will be much more exciting to have the notorious Conspiracy Theorist as a guest. Even Ice-T's honesty isn't as electrifying.

Why did Alex Jones basically lose it on CNN? Ratings. He had nothing to lose. By going thermonuclear on television, he may have just picked up a few thousand new listeners, and he certainly solidified his position with his regular audience by "standing up to" the "New World Order Hatchet Man." (I'm not even sure what that really means...) And you know what's really weird? I fully expect Piers to invite Jones back on the show the next time he needs to make the Right Wing look like buffoons, and Jones will appear. It reminds me of nothing so much as a Pro-Wrestling "work."

So I have to wonder... Why are we really talking about Gun Control? Is it because we, the people, desperately want a National Conversation? Or is it because we have a 24 Hour News Cycle and this is the perfect fuel to keep it going?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken