Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 2:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even Dick Cheney is open to restoring the ban on high-capacity gun magazines.

The former vice president, a staunch defender of gun rights, recently told NBC News with regard to restoring the high-capacity magazine ban: "We've had that in place before. Maybe it's appropriate to reestablish that kind of thing."
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 3:17pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A Prayer

Cheney just wants to stop any rebellion against President Bush staying in office so he can maintain his power behind the throne position. Cheney will never let Bush leave office...oh wait it's 2013. Go on...

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 3:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post

The former vice president, a staunch defender of gun rights, recently told NBC News with regard to restoring the high-capacity magazine ban: "We've had that in place before. Maybe it's appropriate to reestablish that kind of thing."
    You say "even Dick Cheney" as if there are truckloads of conservatives supporting that position. But there aren't. Or maybe you mean that if the right wing Cheney supports it then it must be reasonable but it's not. Anybody who votes for that is an enemy of freedom.

Tell me again how many votes Cheney gets in the House.

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 5:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    Dick Cheney gets wet in his panties any time a civil liberty is threatened.

Don't you remember his "awesome humanitatrian record" as our VP? Look back to the rest of his career. He's no friend of the common man. He's a damn comic book super-villian!

Oh yeah, he'll come out against your poodle shooter, but he get's to push bio-chem weapons and nuclear waste products all over the world.

Cheney has killed more innocent people with the stroke of his pen than any individual mass murderer in history.

Real good example there...

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    1/07/2013 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love how the left trots out has-been Republicans' stances on restricting gun rights; let's talk about John F. Kennedy's stance on cutting taxes, while we're at it.

Posted On:
    1/08/2013 8:01pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow...

Piers Morgan invited well-known radio host Alex Jones onto his show to debate gun control. *sigh* Let's take a look:

Now, I have to give it to Piers that this was brilliant theater, and I suspect it went better than he expected even in his wildest dreams. He barely had to wind-up Jones before the yelling started and the spittle flew.

Does anyone doubt this was calculated to make not just Jones but all gun rights advocates look like rabid dogs who have lost control and are unwilling (probably unable) to debate on the merits? Why not find some registered Democrat gun owner willing to discuss why they own guns yet still vote liberal? Why not engage a clear-headed celebrity gun owner, such as Tom Selleck, who can articulate why he enjoys firearms? Hell, why not get Ice-T to come on and provide his unique perspective about gun culture?

Why? Because: Ratings. Reasonable sounding people are boring. It will be much more exciting to have the notorious Conspiracy Theorist as a guest. Even Ice-T's honesty isn't as electrifying.

Why did Alex Jones basically lose it on CNN? Ratings. He had nothing to lose. By going thermonuclear on television, he may have just picked up a few thousand new listeners, and he certainly solidified his position with his regular audience by "standing up to" the "New World Order Hatchet Man." (I'm not even sure what that really means...) And you know what's really weird? I fully expect Piers to invite Jones back on the show the next time he needs to make the Right Wing look like buffoons, and Jones will appear. It reminds me of nothing so much as a Pro-Wrestling "work."

So I have to wonder... Why are we really talking about Gun Control? Is it because we, the people, desperately want a National Conversation? Or is it because we have a 24 Hour News Cycle and this is the perfect fuel to keep it going?

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 3:04pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clearly Alex Jones is quite, quite Mad. Perhaps he should return to Wales....

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 4:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there is that rift in Cardiff...

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    1/09/2013 4:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just kept wanting to see Jones get KTFO by Piers.

Talk about the ratings that could have been.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    1/10/2013 10:11am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, I've been pretty confident since this happened that no new gun legislation will make it through the House. I still believe that to be true.

When the executive order talk started, I began trying to educate myself because I was unclear about the extent of the President's powers in this regard. After reading what I can on the subject, these are the conclusions I'm drawing. Anyone with more insight on the subject, feel free to comment or offer corrections:

Barry can't confiscate anyone's ****.

Barry can't ban the sale of "assault" weapons, or any other weapons.

Barry can't ban any magazines.

Barry may be able to stop importation of some military style weapons.

Barry can act to more aggressively enforce existing laws and more aggressively prosecute law breakers - ie, people who lie on background checks, etc.

Barry can strengthen the background system that is currently in place.

Barry can force government agencies to share more information regarding mental health.

Ho, hum. Sounds like I can go back to playing Madden now. Nothing to see here.
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313738394041 42 LastLast