Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 5:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://movies.yahoo.com/news/newtown...220005263.html
    But he never made or posted any statement, his publicist Stan Rosenfield told TheWrap Sunday. He said the actor's camp was trying to determine the origin of the hoax statement
    Reddit users pointed to long Facebook post by "Mark" of Vancouver that is identical to Freeman's "statement, " according to the Inquisitor. "Mark" later commented on his own post, "If I know the Internet, someone will attribute the quote to Morgan Freeman or Betty White and it'll go viral."

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 6:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Didn't Jesus promise to put an end to wickedness and sin?
    What a fucking slowpoke.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 7:30pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Twitter, Facebook and Ryan Lanza: how tragedy turns social media users into crazed amateur detectives

In the aftermath of the Newtown shootings, many Twitter users became instant experts on gun control while others turned detective. It wasn't social media users that misidentified the killer as Ryan Lanza rather than his younger brother Adam – but once that titbit was out in the world, anyone bearing the name Ryan Lanza became fair game. Links to Facebook pages and Twitter accounts were shared by mainstream media outlets and web detectives alike.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/16/2012 7:34pm at .

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 8:24pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/...d-States/Crime

oops, sorry, I was tending toward rant and I'm wrong about some stuff @ US... Mexico and El Salvado and a few other violent poor countries have us way beat in murder by guns, yippee (though this of course has a lot to do with the idiotic Drug War, which in turn has something to do with the pri$on industry and there the US does lead the world for incarceration). Amongst developed countries we lead or are near the top for shitty stuff as far as I can tell, but whatever, I think our society is pretty damn sick, and what makes it worse it that as long as we pretend to be all for democracy, peace and prosperity while acting as a ruthless imperialist warmonger and maintaining, or rather, increasing the disparity of income (CEOs Japan 11x floor worker income, US 465x floor worker, "The top 1 percent of earners took in a full 93 percent of all the income gains 2010, leaving the other 7 percent of gains to be sprinkled among the vast majority of society etc etc) we live with ever increasing tensions and fear. I'm sorry it's so hard for the mostly young martial artists on this site and for my own children and I expect it will be much harder for my grandchildren. My parents and grandparents went from outhouses and chamber pots to plumbing and vacation condos. Now youth are going the other way. My son tells me that (as a person of color) that the fifties and sixties actually sucked for everyone 'cept white males, but be that as it may, now it's going to suck for most everyone, except the very wealthy, and they control the media and the propaganda machine. I think that maintaining the illusions while things get worse creates terrible tensions in the society. Not directly causing gun mahem, but contributes.

Morgan Freeman has a point: MORGAN FREEMAN ON THE SHOOTINGS YESTERDAY:

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations­, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem."

I agree that the media attention this draws only worsens the problem. However, it's an unavoidable problem - one of the prices of a free media.

What I don't understand is how the fuckin' **** you can look at a crazy ************ doing crazy ************ **** and blame it on rich people.
    Last edited by Devil; 12/16/2012 8:28pm at .

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 9:54pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    No, he didn't.

He is, but that thing being attributed to him, is not him. Someone seeking attention attributed it to him and it went viral, because entertainment news is designed to pick up celebrity "statements" quickly.

As pathetic as attaching Morgan Freeman's face to an anonymous opinion.

Trust nothing. Trust no one.
    Yeah, well. That's too bad. And frankly, no surprise. I should've listened to my paranoid little voice saying, "Verify this..." But I decided to give Pat the benefit of the doubt on this.

-10 internets to whoever originally attributed this to Morgan Freeman.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:09am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    America will never recover from the excessive arming of its citizens, not by gun control, anyway. You're fucking doomed, there's naught that can be done in that regard.

It is time to employ sentry guards at every block, two at every school, institute or more at places of higher assembly. Keep your guns, but be prepared to have uncle Sam up your date at every corner. Law abiding citizens should have no concerns, because you are law abiding citizens.

Of course, we all know how that kind of authority plays out when implemented, ahem, TSA.

Also, a quick question to gun owners, when was the last time you engaged in training with your local militia? Do you have a local militia? Is it well regulated? How is it regulated?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 12:15am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i love how people throw that out about how its every murkins right to bear arms to defend their country etc.... imma go ahead and bet that ISNT why these nutbags have these collections.

but yeah, theres so much crazy **** there now that you may as well go the whole 9 yards and just become a militarized country. armed guards on every corner and in every mall, every email gets checked. NO MERCY.

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 1:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    Morgan Freeman is a smart man. +10 to him.
    Show of hands. who here read that in Morgan Freeman's voice?

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 1:36am

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty everyone, the first time whether they admit it or not.

That's the point.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/17/2012 2:01am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm, damn internet fake ****.

This looks real and is scary and heart wrenching. I've had to deal with some painful ****, as some who were around BBC six years ago might remember, but this poor woman, and her poor son. Lord help us.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2311009.html
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast