Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283435363738 39404142 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/29/2012 2:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    O.k., I gotta ask. What points to you find yourself more conservative on?
    In terms of economics, I'm strictly user-pay, rather than taxation on anything. That includes health-care, education, security (police) and a number of things many think we should all support with taxes. Use only what you willingly pay for, full stop.

In terms of immigration, my idea of a perfect level is zero.

My views on "race" and tribalism are not relevant to the conversation, but some find them archaic.

In terms of Statism, the State is something I ignore.

Not sure what else you want to know.

Is that what you were doing in the summer of 1789?
    That "vieux", am I? Seriously, 1789 was just a case of "meet the new boss, same as the old boss". Revolutions tend go that way.

I preffer the voting thing. Ignoring it is dangerous.
    Your optimism that voting will make a difference is charming.

Um, because there's no civil war right now?
    Why not? If what you describe is accurate, the US is sliding into tyranny even as we speak. Isn't armed rebellion a natural right or some such?

Your inflamtory rhetoric sound pretty stupid from where I'm sitting.
    Some DC "traitors" and a recently-reelected president would like a word with you about inflammatory rhetoric.

Ooh, good for you! Would you like a cookie?
    For pointing out that being labelled an "enemy of the state" ain't the end of the world? Sure. Chocolate-chip plz.

The usual suspects look like they're going to try.
    Of course they'll try. From such as them, this kind of thing is expected.

You really think they are smart people?
    Where did I make any claim of the sort?

One post you claim that the government is untopable with all their bitching war toys.

The next they are impotent fuddy duddies who couldn't kick down a single door at 4am because it's past their bedtime.

You can;t have it both ways. Wh
    Tu quoque: you claim State armies haven't as mighty a set of small arms as private citizens, and then you shriek to high heaven about what its legislators are trying to pass (something which, given the small-arms imbalance you describe, they could not possibly enforce). You can't have it both ways.

Lack of resources has never stopped congress from trying to do anything stupid and costly.
    You're welcome.

Yup, voted out by bushmaster owners. Who don't want to be made criminals by the whim of an ignorant hypocritical few (who are paid out of our pockets BTW).
    Why, then do you continue to pay them? You're better armed; how can they force payment?

Who gets to be the sacrificial lamb in your weird fantasy dude? Just roll the dice and figure chances favor someone else getting to be the legal precedent. Who gets a ride through the justice sytem for no action of their own at all? Who would you throw under the bus for your smug sense of security?
    In any holy war, martyrdom is an honour.

No level of injustice is tollerable in a civilised society. None.
    Then don't tolerate it. Rid your society of it or ignore it. Not sure what complaining about it does.

when I purchase a gun I do the paperwork, clear the check and pay the tax.
    As do I. What's your point.

You do a lot of "black market business" Vieux?
    For a 10-ga. and a three-ought?

*facepalm*

The paperwork for acquiring, owning and traveling with these is vanishingly small and--since service nationale (yes, I'm old enough to have been conscripted) dealt with any boyhood fantasies I might have had about military weapons--I have no interest in acquiring anything else. Whether anyone else does or not is their business.

What point are you trying to make?
    Somebody was bellyaching about China's rise. I was simply pointing out that whatever rises will also fall, empires included.

People like you are the reason **** gets so bad that when people finally pull their heads out of the sand it's too late and they are already trapped.
    Actually,it's far worse than that: people like me would be the ones in black shirts.

The ability to pursue that business is under attack as we speak.
    Business goes where there's demand and money. No legislation can do much to halt it. But you already knew that...right?

I say I don't want our country to degrade to thrid world status (regarding living standards).

And your reaction was "The Muslims won't move her because they can't tollerate the weather".
    Your point being?

Sweet! But you said you keep a 10 guage in Normandy for the bears.
    Where did I write anything about bears in Normandy? It's weird enough that the place's flag has lions in it, when there haven't been any lions in Normandy for centuries at least. When I'm home, my firearms are there (usually for post-trip maintenance, but you'd already know that, right?). When I travel, they go the same way they go for all hunters: properly and legally, and only if and when I want them along.

I would love to see wild pigs that big. Can you hunt them?
    Yes.

EDIT: This is getting a bit time-consuming. Imma check other threads for a while. You can take that as "VN realizes he's wrong about everything and runs away" if you like--it's all good. Nice talkin'.
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 12/29/2012 2:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 4:46am

Style: Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The need for several rifles and caliber, different size game, amout of distrance for the shot. My AR10 (308 not 223) for fast second if needed. Also for feral hog, their numbers are out of control. With my AR ,I get 2 or 3 aimed rounds before they run off. The meat is then given to a hunters feed the hunrgy progam. The AR for self defense., if the bad is behind cover(something I cannot shoot thru) I can put enough on target so the felon will not shoot me. MY collection is an investment that has a stready growth better than any 401Ks or bonds. I made avery profit Yesterday at a small gun show. Does t5hat answer some of your questions about more than 5 firearms.I have very good and heavy gun safes. I am a Marine Nam Vet and know what bullets can do to a human. A question , if the Feds take our ,are we going to market value for or get ripped off by them? Joe

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 8:19am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You do a lot of "black market business" Vieux?
    None whatsoever. The black market has nothing to offer that I'm interested in.

As for "knowing who I'm (not, actually) dealing with", what we're talking about is business. Commerce. Bottom-line. Everything that those involved do is geared toward maximizing profits.

Work long enough in a city's nightclub scene, and you'll learn what sells what and who wants what. People will walk up to you and--using innocuous terminology ("candy", "tools", "good-times") to avoid legal problems, particularly if they're meeting you for the first time--let you know what's on offer. As well, if you're a bouncer, they might offer you extra money to "solve problems for some friends" or take part in "sporting events". If you're new at any given venue, others who've been there longer will point out the who and the what.

If you immediately run to the nearest plainclothes in the place with any of this, you're likely to be treated with a shrug and a "tell us something we don't know". Cops can keep an eye on things all they want, but smart businessmen are discreet: getting arrested is bad for the bottom line. Whatever initial contacts might be made in a place like a club, actual deals (and any actions related to them, such as "problem-solving") won't be done there. Again, getting caught is bad for the bottom line, and anything overt that happens in a club can cause it to get closed down--meaning the loss of a place where commerce could have been initiated.

Meanwhile, people do NOT get routinely "murdered for their money by those who'd rather keep their merchandise". Specialty markets, involving relatively-small clienteles, rely on repeat business. Not much repeat business can be obtained from a corpse, and any killing entails the risk of a crackdown...again, bad for business.

All this is not deep, dark, terrible knowledge available only to a few. Work in the club scene long enough, you'll see what is common knowledge. Of course, those who (unlike me) actually choose to get involved in **** had better be sure they can pay for what they buy, and had better make sure they do nothing that is seen as a threat to the business. Since those who sell the goods and services in question do not have recourse to the police, they will have their own methods of enforcement.

As for me, a polite "no thanks" has always been my answer to offers of whatever. Those who make the offers don't get all pissed off: who knows, they think, I might someday change my mind. Why kill the possibility of future business by a show of anger?

It's just business. Somebody else's business and, therefore, none of mine.

That's the extent of my "black-market dealings".

Gee wow, huh?

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 9:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    As well, if you're a bouncer, they might offer you extra money to "solve problems for some friends" or take part in "sporting events".
    Interesting. Please elaborate.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 3:19pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bling Bling View Post
    Interesting. Please elaborate.
    Going after loan or other payment deadbeats (or any other problem-solving that involves force) and participating in illegal bouts.

I'd have to disagree on the "interesting" part. Well in any case, I was never interested.

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 4:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vieux, you have waffled back and forth so many times in this thread it's rediculous.

I didn't even bother to read the entirety of you last rambling wall of self contradiction.

It became evident @ two paragraphs in when you flipped possition on voting for the third time that you are not actually trying to say anything. You just like the smell of your own farts so much that you can't help but **** all over the place.

Have fun getting raped in prison by your "black market connections", blowhard.
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 12/30/2012 4:46pm at .

Posted On:
    12/30/2012 6:06pm

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vieux, you have waffled back and forth so many times in this thread it's rediculous.
    Proof? No? Thought so.

I didn't even bother to read the entirety of you last rambling wall of self contradiction.
    If you didn't read it, how do you know it contains either rambling or contradictions? Right. File that along with your previous picturesque little e-tantrum.

It became evident @ two paragraphs in when you flipped possition on voting for the third time that you are not actually trying to say anything.
    What part of "vote if you think it does any good" is self-contradictory? Right: one more outburst. Congratulations on being so consistent.

You just like the smell of your own farts so much that you can't help but **** all over the place.
    I know it stinks in here 'cause I'm the ****. --Kid Rock.

Have fun getting raped in prison by your "black market connections", blowhard.
    In prison for breaking what law? There's a law against knowing what everyone in your workplace knows about some of its patrons? Well, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Seriously, the only time I've ever been inside was as a CO. 'Fraid I never got raped. That sort of thing tends to happen to the fresh li'l young 'uns, and it's far less frequent than TV and movies would have you believe.

It's quite entertaining when you get all emotional. You should be a trooper and have more of these little episodes.

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 9:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Proof is in your last several walls of text.

I stopped reading after two paragrafs containing several contradictions of previous contradictions.

The only person who gives two shits about your convoluted nazi ramblings is you.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 9:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I stopped reading after two paragrafs containing several contradictions of previous contradictions.

The only person who gives two shits about your convoluted nazi ramblings is you.
    Well I like 'em.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    12/31/2012 9:39am

Join us... or die

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry li'l buddy. I do something called "paragraphs". You might want to look up what "wall of text" actually means.

Since they're organized into sentences and "paragrafs", these so-called contradictions should be easy to find. Unless, of course, they aren't there at all.

I do appreciate the fact that you cared enough to neg-rep things you claim not to have read. Such consistencies are quite amusing, and I hope they continue.

I'm curious, MM: in my years of working venues, the big people I met tended to be (in general) pretty easy-going in what they said and did.

The talk and such coming from li'l guys, on the other hand, tended to be characterized by fear. Fear of crime, fear of getting raped in prison, fear of official nastiness, fear of foreigners, and so on.

Lives and perspectives pretty much defined by anxiety.

I'm sure you see where I'm going here, MM.

If not, just reread your last few contributions to this fun little thread.

You know, it's okay if you're a little guy. Nothing wrong with being under 200lbs. at all. Look at GSP, Spider and many more. Little guys, but history-making and awesome fighters...and pretty chill despite their light weight. See? Not all dogs below a certain size spend their days in a state of yapping anxiety.

Also, look at the advantages of being pocket-sized, MM. Less wear on the joints, generally greater longevity...and you're tactically better-off in a live-fire situation: you can find more places to hide.

Under a small rock, for instance.