Hell yeah! Hell no!

A Prayer

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Smells View Post
    So

How many guns does a chap need?

A shot gun/pistol for home/self defence

A bolt action hunting rifle

Does a patriot need more than that?
    In your scenario, one, an assault rifle. The government should probably mandate or supply some full metal jacket ammo to avoid legal problems. Also, mandating common parts with military issue would probably help commonality, repair, and training issues. A list of critical spare parts would help too. But, you probably meant all if this rhetorically.

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So

I have at least three sizes of ammo that I don't currently have a gun for, so, yes.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 1:46pm

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a 12g and a .22 SA

I would love a pistol but it isn't realy possible in Ireland. I would also own an AK/SLR if that were realistic here (which it is not)

I feel pretty prepared with what I have, and confident that I could 'upgrade in the field' if the SHTF

My post was not anti-gun ownership, just curious

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 2:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is anyone else following the row over David Gregory's 30-round mag on Meet the Press? It's an allegory on itself. Too funny. Here's the segment in question: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...city-magazines

This 30-round magazine nonsense is a completely different conversation than what occurred in Newtown, but at least we've identified our sacrificial lamb. All hail the new 29-round magazine (except in DC and where otherwise prohibited by common sense)!

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 2:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a 12g and a .22 SA

I would love a pistol but it isn't realy possible in Ireland. I would also own an AK/SLR if that were realistic here (which it is not)

I feel pretty prepared with what I have, and confident that I could 'upgrade in the field' if the SHTF

My post was not anti-gun ownership, just curious
    To be perfectly honest, that is an almost ideal set up for SHTF survival stuff. Glad to hear you can still maintian the basics out there!

Is there a lot of red to tape to own them in Ireland? Over here it depends on where a person lives. Some states are like the wild west (don't point it where it don't belong and you're a-ok) while some areas are even more restrictive than the UK (must be kept dissasembled and locked up).
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 12/26/2012 2:37pm at .

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 2:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker, sweet View Post
    Is anyone else following the row over David Gregory's 30-round mag on Meet the Press? It's an allegory on itself. Too funny. Here's the segment in question: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...city-magazines

This 30-round magazine nonsense is a completely different conversation than what occurred in Newtown, but at least we've identified our sacrificial lamb. All hail the new 29-round magazine (except in DC and where otherwise prohibited by common sense)!
    Hillarious if you ask me.

As stupid as the capcity statute is, Mathew's can't have it both ways. The guy called for draconian measures while brandishing illegal (in his juresdiction) hardware in flagrant violation of the law he himself was championing (on camera no less).

I'd love to see him eat crow legally for his stupidity, but it probably won't happen.

His children BTW go to a school with ELEVEN armed security guards. How much do you want to bet their service pieces carry more than ten rounds?

Transmaniacon MC

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 3:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    As stupid as the capcity statute is, Mathew's can't have it both ways. The guy called for draconian measures while brandishing illegal (in his juresdiction) hardware in flagrant violation of the law he himself was championing (on camera no less).

I'd love to see him eat crow legally for his stupidity, but it probably won't happen.
    Probably, NBC will just write off the $1,000 fine - they've probably made 10 times that in ad revenue from this stunt already.

Gregory doesn't sound like he even believes what he's saying. And, math isn't on his side. Lanza reloaded the AR at least once:

According to one ME, the amount of wounds per victim ranged from 3 to 11. That's not all victims, sure, but if you go for 3 per victim, that's 78 rounds plus one for himself. Definitely more than the loaded capacity of all three firearms he was carrying.

Witnesses stated up to 100 shots were heard, and police say that his primary weapon was the AR (shot mom 4 times with a .22LR which didn't leave the house).

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 3:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker, sweet View Post
    According to one ME, the amount of wounds per victim ranged from 3 to 11. That's not all victims, sure, but if you go for 3 per victim, that's 78 rounds plus one for himself. Definitely more than the loaded capacity of all three firearms he was carrying.

Witnesses stated up to 100 shots were heard, and police say that his primary weapon was the AR (shot mom 4 times with a .22LR which didn't leave the house).
    Absolutely monstrous.

Suicide was too merciful a fate for Lanza. JMHO.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 4:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So

.22 LR target pistol. Irreplaceable, inexpensive practice tool. Cartridges run 1/10th the cost of center-fire, more practice, more effective/safer shooter.

.22LR target/small game rifle. As above, only moreso.

Primary carry pistol or revolver. Medium caliber/frame, a catch-all defensive arm.

"Summer carry" gun. Snub-nose revolver, compact autoloader, whatever. Carried when attire makes the full size, more effective primary pistol impossible or impractical.

Home defense shotgun. 12 or 20, 18 1/2" barrel, large capacity. Maneuverable, compact, and the most powerful weapon that doesn't require relaying coordinates by radio. Stop a home invasion by cycling the action and clearing your throat.

Skeet and/or trap shotgun. Superposed or pump, 12, 20, and/or 28 gauge. More robust models can double as game guns, but for the most part, you'd dedicate target and field guns.

Speaking of game guns... duck, goose, upland game, turkey and deer all require different handling and pointing characteristics of a shotgun. You could swap around barrels, but you'd still make a lot of ugly compromises. A well-rounded hunter would need a minimum of four field guns: you could get away with a 3 1/2" pump gun for all your waterfowling.

Add rifles for game and/or varmints between 2 and 1000 pounds depending on what you shoot where you live... at least three centerfire rifles.

Competitive pistol shooting... IPSC, bullseye... three gun... CAS... you can re-purpose some of the above, but a lot of these are specialized, so you're going to want another five or six.

That's without really getting into a little variety for taste. You can shoot deer with about 30 different calibers and make a reasonable argument for each, if you're trying to stretch the utility of a given caliber, that number's probably more like a hundred plus.
    Last edited by ermghoti; 12/26/2012 4:46pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    12/26/2012 7:56pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm generally pro-gun, because I believe in the american experiment. I believe the average man can be trusted with power.

but... man, I get sick of the range culture. Just like the average, real pot smoker isn't a high times subscriber and doesn't wear a dred sack, the average gun owner is not some guy that has to own 10 ar15s that look like transformers. That guy has dick issues. (For clarity here, I'm not saying he's worried it's so big it's uncomfortable)

Preppers: You are not mad max, maybe you should work on preventing the apocalypse instead of jacking off to how cool it's going to be when YOU get to be BOSS with the GUN and make people listen to YOUR shitty ideas. You are DOUCHEBAGS and the fact that one of your core values that society has to fall for your ideas and lifestyle to get some airtime should tell you something. PS regular gun owners who really do see guns as "just a tool" start talking about what a jackoff gear-queer you are the second you leave the range. Yes, that's right, shooting a 24" group with your bushmaster at 20 feet doesn't impress your range buddies.

Maybe if preppers would lose the identity that guns were a masturbatory cock-surrogate, they could make some inroads with teaching the rest of the world to genuinely respect their interests. Just a thought.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243031323334 35363738 ... LastLast