Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger First Class5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/24/2012 1:45pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    New thought: if police have weapons that are prohibited to civilians, do they lose their civilian law enforcement status? Military is banned from law enforcement in the US.
    Simple answer: No.

As state or local government law enforcement, the agencies will simply be excepted from the ban. Now, whether or not the same officers will be able to make a private purchase of a banned weapon is another story. I do believe there were some excpetions for LEOs to make authorized private purchases under the old ban, but I can't be certain.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

All Out of Bubblegum

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/24/2012 1:47pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion View Post
    I have a more targeted plan for stopping this happening again, and it's beautiful in its simplicity:-

Ban murdering schoolchildren. <stamp> just like that.

I don't think there are any constitutional problems, and I'm fairly sure it would get broad support in congress, senate and supreme court.

Obama could of course retain the authority to order schoolchild murder by executive order if national security required it.
    I said this on facebook and it confused and angered people.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger First Class5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/24/2012 1:58pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Now, our Second Amendment was set up to prevent the possible future rise of a tyrannical government. Yeah, times have changed and the puny .223 platform isn't much against drones, tanks, aircraft, etc. Still yet, look around the world at places where people are throwing rocks and molotov cocktails in protest against same tyrannical governments.

As said in my previous post. You've had yours taken away. We'd like to keep ours.
    I've heard that argument over and over from the anti-gunners in my social circle when I note that the Second Amendment is intended to be the people's ultimate check and balance in the Constitution, or is the guarantee provision for their other cherished rights, such as their First Amendment rights. "But the people couldn't win against the United States military."

But it's not necessarily about "winning" some hypothetical Second Revolution. It's about keeping the potential tyrants off-balance and making them think twice about the chaos that would be unleashed if they overstep their bounds. The Second Amendment is about ensuring that the Federal Government doesn't have a monopoly on violence as a political tool. Any time a politician -- even one with Unicorns, Jesus, and only the best intentions in his heart -- says, "No civilian needs that kind of firepower..." I believe the Second Amendment is doing its job making the government nervous.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class

Posted On:
    12/24/2012 8:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache View Post
    I said this on facebook and it confused and angered people.
    Did you point out how cold and selfish they were for wanting schoolchild murder to remain legal ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Posted On:
    12/25/2012 4:22am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok let 'em buy guns and self loading rifles.

Just don't let them buy bullets. Simple.

Registered Member

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/25/2012 4:26am

Style: Lifting heavy stuff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Let me clarify.

adskibullus lives in the UK. A country where the Olympic shooting team must train out of country (unless the rule has changed).

from http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/650257/posts
    This all reeks of mass paranoia. When was the last time the US or UK had a tyrannical government? Not in your life time. The Germans are now nice friendly people if they were going to invade Europe they'd be doing it know when every country in Europe can't afford a decent military.

America seems like a paranoid country full of guns which is a bad mix.

And when I say health care I'm referring to free health care ie the NHS. I saw a documentary about Obama and his idea for health care and I couldn't believe how many people opposed it. One guy had cancer and had to sell his house to pay the medical bill making his family homeless yet call free health care " communist" in the UK it's illegal for a child to be homeless that's why we have social housing.

On hiatus

Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/25/2012 5:40am

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From my outsider perspective, all this national scale attention to guns (one way or another) is starting to get quite creepy.

They're just guns, FFS.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/25/2012 7:59am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know right. It's creepy like people chasing around stars and taking pictures of Prince Harry's wife topless.

Middleweight

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/25/2012 8:18am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adskibullus View Post
    This all reeks of mass paranoia.
    You mean banning guns in response to shooting sprees that take roughly as many lives as lightning strikes in a country of 330 million people, a third of whom are armed? Reinstating a ban which had no impact on crime whatsoever when it was enacted, and none when it expired? yeah, that's paranoia.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Administrator

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/25/2012 8:35am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adskibullus View Post
    I saw a documentary about Obama and his idea for health care and I couldn't believe how many people opposed it.
    NAme of the documentary please?