Sponsored Links Spacer Image

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    12/21/2012 5:33pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The NRA: because inanimate objects don't kill people; video games do.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 1:17am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    The NRA: because inanimate objects don't kill people; video games do.
    Blaming video games is as retarded as blaming AR-15s that supposedly would blow a deer to pieces. But the NRA said what they had to and the video game argument was only a piece of it. They can't afford to make any move other than diverting blame anywhere other than guns.

NRA members have given them gobs of **** in the past for not doing enough to protect ownership of black rifles. All those members, including the 8,000 new ones per day since the shooting aren't sending their money so the NRA can be moderate or compromising. They're sending their money because they want them to throw punches, even if some of them are wild ass haymakers.

On a different note, my daughter got a big laugh today. She went with me to a gun store. I went to pick up some .38 reloading components - just a routine purchase totally unrelated to the pending apocalypse. There was a guy in there who was apparently maintaining his sense of humor during the apocalypse/gun grab panic. He had wrapped his ball cap with tin foil and had a two foot antenna sticking out the top. Cracked us both up.

Oh, and my uncle drove 150 miles today to buy a Mini 14. He may feel safer at the moment but it's totally not going to be worth all the A-team jokes he's going to have to put up with from me.
    Last edited by Devil; 12/22/2012 1:23am at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 11:15am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are late.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 1:55pm

Style: Japanese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scut Farkus View Post
    You motherfuckers. Goddamn fear mongerers. You assholes are going to have me standing in line with all those other suckers at Gander Mountain to get that pretty M1A that was hanging on the wall today. I hate you all.
    Wait to this WGDJ-AM audio hits Drudge...

Gun shops will become worse than a Walmart on Thanksgiving Friday!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/ny...nth.html?_r=2&

In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 2:26pm

Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Wait to this WGDJ-AM audio hits Drudge...

Gun shops will become worse than a Walmart on Thanksgiving Friday!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/ny...nth.html?_r=2&

In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
    I would have no problem getting permits for my weapons. Good luck trying to take 'em from me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In its early days, the National Rifle Association was a grassroots social club that prided itself on independence from corporate influence.
    While that is still part of the organization's core function, today less than half of the NRA's revenues come from program fees and membership dues.
    The bulk of the group's money now comes in the form of contributions, grants, royalty income, and advertising, much of it originating from gun industry sources.
    Since 2005, the gun industry and its corporate allies have given between $20 million and $52.6 million to it through the NRA Ring of Freedom sponsor program. Donors include firearm companies like Midway USA, Springfield Armory Inc, Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, and Beretta USA Corporation. Other supporters from the gun industry include Cabala's, Sturm Rugar & Co, and Smith & Wesson.
    The NRA also made $20.9 million — about 10 percent of its revenue — from selling advertising to industry companies marketing products in its many publications in 2010, according to the IRS Form 990.
    Additionally, some companies donate portions of sales directly to the NRA. Crimson Trace, which makes laser sights, donates 10 percent of each sale to the NRA. Taurus buys an NRA membership for everyone who buys one of their guns. Sturm Rugar gives $1 to the NRA for each gun sold, which amounts to millions. The NRA's revenues are intrinsically linked to the success of the gun business.
    The NRA Foundation also collects hundreds of thousands of dollars from the industry, which it then gives to local-level organizations for training and equipment purchases.
    This shift is key to understanding why a coalition of hunters, collectors and firearm enthusiasts takes the heat for incidents of gun violence, like the shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, rather than the companies that manufacture and market assault weapons.
    The chief trade association for gun manufacturers is the National Shooting Sports Federation, which is, incidentally, located in Newtown, Conn. But the NRA takes front and center after each and every shooting.
    "Today's NRA is a virtual subsidiary of the gun industry," said Josh Sugarmann, executive director of the Violence Policy Center. "While the NRA portrays itself as protecting the 'freedom' of individual gun owners, it's actually working to protect the freedom of the gun industry to manufacture and sell virtually any weapon or accessory."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-n...#ixzz2FoT2we4N
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 4:43pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A Prayer

I find freedom in quotes disturbing, however the NRA's lobbyist certainly not make a good impression; especially with the video game rant and the cop in every school idea. He did sound like a corporate shill.

Is there any information on the effectiveness of any of the various gun control laws in the US? Comparisons to other counties fail because you can have a total ban in other countries.

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 5:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I am not sure about every school around here, but I know when I was in High School we had a cop on campus and one of the elementary schools my daughter went to had the police present quite frequently.
    Now I am not worried about school shootings but having the police at schools is a good place to start for community outreach.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 6:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    In its early days, the National Rifle Association was a grassroots social club that prided itself on independence from corporate influence.
    While that is still part of the organization's core function, today less than half of the NRA's revenues come from program fees and membership dues.
    The bulk of the group's money now comes in the form of contributions, grants, royalty income, and advertising, much of it originating from gun industry sources.
    Since 2005, the gun industry and its corporate allies have given between $20 million and $52.6 million to it through the NRA Ring of Freedom sponsor program. Donors include firearm companies like Midway USA, Springfield Armory Inc, Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, and Beretta USA Corporation. Other supporters from the gun industry include Cabala's, Sturm Rugar & Co, and Smith & Wesson.
    The NRA also made $20.9 million — about 10 percent of its revenue — from selling advertising to industry companies marketing products in its many publications in 2010, according to the IRS Form 990.
    Additionally, some companies donate portions of sales directly to the NRA. Crimson Trace, which makes laser sights, donates 10 percent of each sale to the NRA. Taurus buys an NRA membership for everyone who buys one of their guns. Sturm Rugar gives $1 to the NRA for each gun sold, which amounts to millions. The NRA's revenues are intrinsically linked to the success of the gun business.
    The NRA Foundation also collects hundreds of thousands of dollars from the industry, which it then gives to local-level organizations for training and equipment purchases.
    This shift is key to understanding why a coalition of hunters, collectors and firearm enthusiasts takes the heat for incidents of gun violence, like the shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, rather than the companies that manufacture and market assault weapons.
    The chief trade association for gun manufacturers is the National Shooting Sports Federation, which is, incidentally, located in Newtown, Conn. But the NRA takes front and center after each and every shooting.
    "Today's NRA is a virtual subsidiary of the gun industry," said Josh Sugarmann, executive director of the Violence Policy Center. "While the NRA portrays itself as protecting the 'freedom' of individual gun owners, it's actually working to protect the freedom of the gun industry to manufacture and sell virtually any weapon or accessory."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-n...#ixzz2FoT2we4N

The NRA exists because of Americans who want the NRA to exist. Hell yeah they get money from gun related businesses. Businesses that also exist because Americans want them to exist.

You're butthurt because the NRA's activism is effective and well organized.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/22/2012 10:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since 2005, the gun industry and its corporate allies have given between $20 million and $52.6 million to it through the NRA Ring of Freedom sponsor program.
    Since 2005? 50 million dollars were spent last year to get Elizabeth fucking Warren elected. The 2012 election cycle saw six BILLION dollars in spending. A group representing 100 million Americans collected 50 million over seven years? Oh my God, there can be no democracy!

Josh Sugarman is a lying piece of ****. He can't finish a sentence without including a falsehood, or his tongue swells up.

“The semi-automatic weapon’s menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons.” - Josh Sugarmann
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.