Sponsored Links Spacer Image

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 10:31pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomTriangle View Post
    You don't need a gun to hurt children if you really want to.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...ck-school.html

im not saying that incident was AS bad, just saying where there is a will there is a way
    The key difference being that no one *died* in the China stabbing.
    Maybe because it's way harder to actually do someone in with a knife than with a gun. Just maybe.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 10:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah in that one. We like shooting people they like stabbing:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-in-China.html

Make note that the article references many incidents that happened within a month.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/15/2012 10:53pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Charlotte Bacon, 6 Daniel Barden, 7 Olivia Engel, 6 Josephine Gay, 7 Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6 Dylan Hockley, 6 Madeleine F. Hsu, 6 Catherine V. Hubbard, 6 Chase Kowalski, 7 Jesse Lewis, 6 James Mattioli, 6 Grace McDonnell, 7 Emilie Parker, 6 Jack Pinto, 6 Noah Pozner, 6 Caroline Previdi, 6 Jessica Rekos, 6 Aveille Richman, 6 Benjamin Wheeler, 6 Allison N. Wyatt, 6 Rachel Davino, 29 Dawn Hochsprung, 47 (principal) Anne Marie Murphy, 52 Lauren Russeau, 30 (substitute teacher) Mary Sherlach, 56 (counselor) Victoria Soto, 27 (teacher)

Here. Now pray.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 2:50am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have.

It seems one side is saying arm the teachers and there's nothing really wrong with the US of A; it's like the nutty 60s California religion,we just breed crazies so we need more armed teachers and 'good' folks carrying, to protect us. The others (me) look at a country that's leading the world in murder, rape, women on psycho drugs, divorce, obesity, suicide, addiction, incarceration and (by a LOT) military spending and see a sick nation that does and creates evil, where 10,000 a year go down with bullets and where no one gives a rat's ass that drone bombing has already killed more than 170 children in Pakistan.

It's a it's a spiritual illness that won't be cured with gun control, better mental healthcare, prayer in fucking schools, or more guns.

Here's a post by John Calvi, a Quaker healer/massager who works with 'normal' trauma victims and torture victims.

"Regarding the school shooting, I just want to say that in 30 years of helping people to heal from trauma, I've never seen a more difficult grief than the loss of a child. It is quite simply the worst. All these parents will now spend lifetimes hoping for good days, that will come later. Grief is not to be rushed, ignored, cheered up, or feared. No explanation holds meaning for now. The seeking for them will be long term. And anyone helping them will need much patience. The rest of us are afraid to imagine what it might feel like, of course. And those of us who knew gun violence or the threat of it early in life are filled with memory and old feelings of terror. I hold these question out to ponder - how do we stop passing the bad penny? Why is America in need of this healing more than any other country?"
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 12/16/2012 2:54am at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 3:00am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Charlotte Bacon, 6 Daniel Barden, 7 Olivia Engel, 6 Josephine Gay, 7 Ana M. Marquez-Greene, 6 Dylan Hockley, 6 Madeleine F. Hsu, 6 Catherine V. Hubbard, 6 Chase Kowalski, 7 Jesse Lewis, 6 James Mattioli, 6 Grace McDonnell, 7 Emilie Parker, 6 Jack Pinto, 6 Noah Pozner, 6 Caroline Previdi, 6 Jessica Rekos, 6 Aveille Richman, 6 Benjamin Wheeler, 6 Allison N. Wyatt, 6 Rachel Davino, 29 Dawn Hochsprung, 47 (principal) Anne Marie Murphy, 52 Lauren Russeau, 30 (substitute teacher) Mary Sherlach, 56 (counselor) Victoria Soto, 27 (teacher)

Here. Now pray.
    This is Victoria Soto. She hid her first graders in the cabinets and closets after hearing the gunfire. When the shooter came to her classroom, she told him that her students were in the gym. He then gunned her down and moved on. She saved the lives of all of her students.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	victoria.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	14201  

"Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 8:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post

It's a it's a spiritual illness that won't be cured with gun control, better mental healthcare, prayer in fucking schools, or more guns.
    What would be your suggestion?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 8:42am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    The others (me) look at a country that's leading the world in murder, rape, blblabla.
    http://chartsbin.com/view/1454

Leads the world in murder?

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_rap-crime-rapes

Doesn't even appear on the first page of chart, because rape is a rarity in the US compared to the rest of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 8:49am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ANy other country?

Hmmm I guess we must ignore all of the middle eastern countries, the problem in Mexico with the gun cartels, China's issues, Africa, Russia, Korea, Thailand, etc etc etc.

Yes, we have problems to fix starting with everyone continually saying our nation is the biggest shithole and doing nothing about it.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be fair, if you keep your head jammed in a sewer, all you see is ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Posted On:
    12/16/2012 9:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I saw the thread title, I immediately knew it was Pat.

Now, **** like this always starts the gun debate. I personally don't know what to think. Its very odd to me that a large number of Americans walk around armed, and your gun laws a re very relaxed compared to those here or in Europe.

On the other hand, every second rural home in Bosnia has a weapon. And not a hunting one. The war left behind lots of automatic rifles, hand grenades and even anti tank weapons. A few months ago a boy in my hometown lost his arms when he found and fired a Zolja in his attic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M80_Zolja

Its hard to get weapons here legally, and you can't get a licence to carry. Illegally, you can get some serious ****.
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast